139.competency at its highest potency💉

Author: MauveTarte

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/11221605

Summary:

State-Sponsored Runs are the excitement of every Alpha and Omega youth.

Or,

Jimin has one final chance at this bonding thing before his life goes to shit.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The check-in was smooth and effortless, as it always had been, but this time things were a little different.

The female receptionist smiled at Jimin with something genuine until his ID was swiped and his personal data populated onto her computer screen. Her mouth weakened as her eyes roamed and fingers typed.

"Park Jimin, Omega and...Third Run, correct?" she confirms with a slight hesitancy. Jimin nods back with a polite smile of his own as he pockets his ID. She noticeably avoids his gaze from there while she slides a card through a scanner before slipping it and its attached lanyard across the counter to him, "this is your access card, please proceed to the blue door on the right for your next instructions," Jimin glances at the card before placing the lanyard over his neck, "And good luck, Mr. Park,"

Jimin flinches as he walks away. The words shouldn't faze him because he hears it every time, but this time the receptionist puts pressure and intent behind them.

Behind the blue door, a team of medical professionals guide Jimin through a large room with other Omegas chit-chatting around him, thickening the air with their giddiness and excitement. The line-up passes through different small stations where they ask invasive questions that still baffle him.

"Last sexual activity?"

U-uh...no—I'm not sexually active?

"No bonding has occurred prior to now?"

Well, no or else I wouldn't be here.

"Heat cycles are regular?"

Pretty regular.

"Have you ever spent a heat with someone or a rut with an Alpha?"

I, what? No, I already said—

Jimin is mentally exhausted near the end of the line-up, but he knows he only has to deal with a few more pokes and prods before he is finally pricked with the infamous immunization fluid. It hurts when it's injected, just like it did the previous two times Jimin received it. A few more minutes pass before that familiar crawling sensation tickles behind his ears, wrists and other scent hotspots.

He is led into a small area closed off by a curtain where he changes into some blue scrubs he is given, along with a small Tupperware container to put all his personal belongings.

From there, Jimin is handed a pamphlet and time-table that dictates his next three days, four if including the Run itself.

"Please," Jimin whispers to himself while laying in his sleeping pod for the designated resting period he has before dinner, "please, find me this time."

Park Jimin comes from a long line of Omega-Alpha pairings bonded through the age-old tradition of State-Sponsored Runs. Although the Parks weren't wealthy or famous, they were infamous due to their history of having irresistible scents that had others clawing at each other to smell and mark. It's said to be something that's delicious, fertile and bountiful, all rolled into one scent.