Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (102)

Hong Cha yawned and headed to her bed. She badly wanted to sleep since she have to deal with Shangguan Yuan for the night. Her eyelids were starting to droop and she could care less of the surroundings. Hong Cha settled on her cozy bed when she felt a warm source in front of her. She opened her eyes and to her surprise, Mo Ye was sleeping next to her! Her brain was so alarmed she fell off the bed with a thud. Oh, she is so afraid sleeping on a bed with another man. Mo Ye was awakened with the thump.

"Master?" what is she doing on the floor? Mo Ye received a wry smile from Hong Cha.

"Mo- I mean, Xiao Bai, you cant sleep there." she climbed up the bed afterwards. Mo Ye still looked clueless.

"But Master, I had slept with you for many nights." he reasoned out. What is wrong if he sleeps here? This bed is comforting, and it smells like her.

"Yes but, forget it..." Hong Cha was defeated. She is lucky Mo Ye doesn't understand the matters on bed. "Lets just sleep."

Hong Cha was relieved Mo Ye forgot that too. She slept soundly that night but Mo Ye cant. He resorted by observing her closely. Well, she smells quite different. Like camellias. Even if it was faint, he can still sense it and he wants more than that barely visible fragrance. Hong Cha subconsciously moved and faced him completely. Her lips hooked up to a satisfied smile.

"Give me... Food..." she muttered in her sleep. Mo Ye pursed his lips. Give her food? His master is really a clown. Because of her movement, a lock of her hair slid down to her cheek. Mo Ye gently tucked her hair when he froze. His heartbeat paced quick.

"Mo Ye." a voice called him. Mo Ye got more confused and an image flashed in his mind. There was a girl, smiling to him but he cant see her upper face. He was brushing her hair off her face since it was windy. However, her lips quivered and a tear strolled down to her cheek till her chin. Her smile vanishing. "Mo Ye, you drank Feng Jiuzheng's wine, it will free you from me. Still, this is the only way. I banish you from this realm..."

"Hmm... Itchy..." Hong Cha pushed his hand that was bothering her. She continued to sleep but with her intervention, Mo Ye came back to reality.

"Mo Ye..? No, Im Xiao Bai." he shook his head and closed his eyes. That must be a dream.

On the next day, Hong Cha had prepared what they needed for their travel. Shangguan Yuan had told her where to find the pure yang essence. It is in an earth-bound immortal aperture nearby Jianghu. Her next target should be the dragon's blood. She will ask help from Liu Hong Cha's friends who are experts in Jianghu. As for the Liansheng, she can ask Mo Ye to sneak in the palace and steal one for them.

"Master, this place is dangerous." Mo Ye warned as they entered the aperture. It was dark and misty, there were bones scattered around the place and the trees were crooked, withered too. He can smell danger in every corner. Mo Ye glared at the creatures hidden from the mists that are ready to pounce on Hong Cha. They were oppressed by his presence so they didn't dare to lunge forward.

"That is why I brought you here." Hong Cha looked back to Mo Ye while walking. This male god, even if the most dangerous kind, is so convenient. "You can protect me, right? Xiao Bai?"

"En." he hummed. Hong Cha is about to face the road when she fell. Mo Ye's heart thump. "Master!"

"Im fine..." Hong Cha fell into a different place. The slope brought her to a different place where it was more lively than the one above. The mists became a night sky for her and around her is a meadow with a pool of yang essence in the middle. This is it! She cant believe she got here safely, thanks to Mo Ye. Speaking of which... "Xiao Bai? Xiao Bai, where are you?"

"Here." Mo Ye slid down the slope and stood next to her. Hong Cha sighed in relief he is safe. They sauntered to the pool and a step on the grassy meadow, a couple of fireflies fluttered out. Hong Cha recalled when Ying Wenxiang fell with her. The fireflies suddenly appeared around them and they glowed brightly before they reached the river's surface. She was mesmerized by the fireflies, her eyes reflecting every green glow.

"Fireflies..." she muttered. Hong Cha cant help but smile. She reached out for one yet the firefly flew away. "They're so beautiful."

Mo Ye tilted his head a bit. He followed his urge and waved his red sleeve. A strong gale of wind swept past them and disturbed the whole meadow. Thousands of fireflies appeared, surrounding them as they glowed brightly. Hong Cha turned to him in surprise.

"Does Master likes them?" the way she smiled was dreamy and her eyes contained an emotion he cant understand. Hong Cha nodded. A tear dropped from her eyes. She quickly wiped it and smiled foolishly. What is Ying Wenxiang doing to her? Here she was, standing around green fireflies to remind her of their death while in front of her, a man who looks exactly like him stood. She breathed deeply. "Master, how come a drop of water came from your eyes?"

"Oh, that is a tear, it comes out when someone is...sad. Or happy too." she lightly smiled. Mo Ye thought she was happy since she smiled. "Now, let us take the yang essence."

Hong Cha took out a vial and is about to fill it with the essence when the ground shook. Mo Ye smelled a putrid scent in front of them, coming from the forest around the meadow. Hong Cha almost dropped the vial upon seeing a big dark dragon landing ahead them. Its red eyes glowed ominously.