Arc 5: A Concubine's Duty (130)

The Right Prime Minister Bai Fuxi is also the chancellor of the young king Zhao Quai. Zhao Quai is still a boy and he cant handle the empire well so Bai Fuxi, as one of the wisest and upright minister, has to be his regent. As a regent, Bai Fuxi can control the whole empire like an emperor however, he still taught the young king on how to use such grand authority in the right way. The previous king died because of his unfaithful late chancellor who poisoned him. Bai Fuxi became the successor of the chancellor position and vowed to remove every official with illegal connections.

He is a Rank A male god so Hong Cha have no problem dealing with him. Moreover, Hong Yingcha was one of his informants. She is a famous courtesan that only high ranking officials can sleep with her. With her status, beauty and persuasive skills, she can learn more about the targets Bai Fuxi wanted. Thus, ever since he became the regent, the empire have less corrupt officials.

Unfortunately, with how busy he is, he forgot about his wife whom he had an arranged marriage with. His wife was the known virtuous daughter of General Yu's household, Yu Anwei. In addition, she have a brother that was treading the same path as her father so the Yu Family are certainly one of the best backers a minister could have. Yu Anwei loves Bai Fuxi but he was not feeling the same as hers.

She have a cousin who is a physician, just below Bai Fuxi's position. Her cousin loves her and met her in lots of coincidences. Slowly, she became compatible with him until they made a mistake. Bai Fuxi learns about it through Hong Yingcha. In return, he made Hong Yingcha his concubine, doted on her more than his first wife. Yu Anwei was heartbroken when she was forcefully divorced by him.

Bai Fuxi would never care if she continues her affair with her cousin, he didn't even confront them. It was clear he disregards his green hat and he prioritizes protecting the king. Hong Yingcha, still a young teenage girl, tried to provoke Yu Anwei. With Bai Fuxi backing her, not even General Yu or his son can harm her. Yu Anwei killed herself from too much of her demeaning fate but she was able to reincarnate. She is the variable Hong Cha has to focus on.

Luckily, Bai Fuxi wasn't really a beast unlike the other she had slept with who will not even leave behind a bone. He stopped once she can almost faint. Hong Cha had her back on him while crying in secret. She really doesn't like aesthetic male gods now! Before, she wanted to fool with other pretty men but now, she is hesitating to do so...

"Yingcha, did you do what I asked?" Bai Fuxi raised a topic while dressing up. Hong Cha turned to him before sitting upright. She almost forgot. Hong Yingcha has to inform him regarding General Yu. Ever since Bai Fuxi married his reincarnated wife, General Yu was unhappy of the indifferent matrimony the two have. Moreover, rumors are running around that General Yu have some connections with opium businesses. It wasn't clear if it was true or not.

"Not yet." Hong Cha stared at his back. This often happens. Bai Fuxi comes here to be served only by Hong Yingcha and secretly inquire her regarding the informations she pried from other officials. It was an effective method since through her, he was able to earn evidences and rule the empire strictly while removing harmful grasses. She is glad she can work closer with the male god. In that way, she doesn't need to find a way to be with him all the time. "General Yu is not fond of women whenever the other officials bring him here. I cant even get close to General Yu."

"Its fine. You don't need to force yourself to him." he leaned closer and pinched her chin. Hong Cha thought he will just look at her. However, she didn't expect he would claim her lips again. With the 'experience' she had, Hong Cha was able to reciprocate correctly. This guy is second of the best next to Ying Wenxiang! He knows when to stop though he can be rough. She could happily enjoy the process with him! Unlike those insatiable beasts with their murder weapons...

"Ehm?" she was stunned when he patted her buttocks. Hong Cha saw him lift a grin. Bai Fuxi didn't go further and went off the bed.

"Regarding Yu Huang, like you asked, I received a news from him. He is going to return in few days time." Bai Fuxi took a seat across the room and poured wine for himself. He noticed her eyes widening in shock.

"Ah Huang will?" she knew that guy. Yu Huang is the first son of General Yu, a vice commander sometimes but a second-rank general as well. He and Bai Fuxi are acquaintances but Hong Yingcha likes the general than the minster. Yu Huang is kind to Hong Yingcha, the only man who could resist her seduction.

Hong Yingcha liked him because not once had he touched her even if his friends paid for her to serve him. Yu Huang also have a past with Hong Yingcha but never admitted he have any feelings for her. However, Hong Cha would rather stay with Bai Fuxi than Yu Huang. He is more to her type, and Yu Huang is a general, a battlefield expert.

"Minister Bai, he's not your enemy too, right?"

"No." Bai Fuxi had known Yu Huang since they were young, before they even became high-ranking officials. Why would he risk Yu Huang? Unless of course if Yu Huang is not a good minister. "You must be excited to see him?"

"Not, all he does was to talk to me." Hong Cha gave a blunt answer. Hong Yingcha would be excited but Hong Cha wouldn't.