Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (114)

It was odd at first that she have to see Mo Ye strolling together with Fen Tao. Among the women brought here, Fen Tao was the one he wanted to live with him. He never announced if they are engaged or he have a plan to marry Fen Tao. Hong Cha silently followed them from behind. She is Fen Tao's favorite maid so she was the only one allowed to be with them. Mo Ye seems to be enjoying the time he spent with Fen Tao. He was even more cheerful than the days he was with Hong Cha.

[Host, are you not going to do anything with the male god's- forget it.]

"Huh? Deal with what?" she had just headed out of Fen Tao's residence after preparing her master's bath. Hong Cha paused to see a peach tied on a blossoming peach tree with a tag on its thread too. In curiosity, she saw the tag have her name written on it. It was the character 'cha hua' which mean tea flower or in english, camellia. Hong Cha tried to reach for it but the branch is high.

From behind her, a little white snake slithered closer before turning into a young man with red robes. Mo Ye secretly smiled in amusement to see her struggle to pick it. He leaned closer to her ears just as Hong Cha noticed another presence behind her.

"Having troubles, Xiao Cha?" he asked. Hong Cha almost thought he was Ying Wenxiang. That tone, it was so familiar. She tried to hide her blush and nodded. Mo Ye's eyes flickered as he tugged the peach.

"How did Your Majesty know my name?" she had never spoken to him aside from the moment at the gate. As far as she can remember, he never knew her name. Mo Ye smiled and handed the peach first.

"I asked Taotao." he answered shortly.

"Oh. Taotao, Your Majesty likes Her Highness?" Hong Cha will be so relieved if he likes Fen Tao. In that way, he can live longer. If he dies, the world goes down with him.

"Actually, Xiao Cha, uhm..." Mo Ye hesitated and looked away. "I like someone. But, I do not know how to approach her. Even if I tried to see her everyday, she seemed to not notice I am interested to her. Don't tell Taotao I told you this, alright?"

"No problem, Your Majesty. Her Highness will not know you like her." Hong Cha brimmed a smile and raised her thumbs.

"You..." she still doesn't get it? "Xiao Cha, I-"

"Your Majesty, many thanks for the peach. Her Highness might be looking for me now." she hurriedly interrupted him. Hong Cha have a feeling she wouldn't like what he will say.

"Xiao Cha, same time tomorrow, alright?" he added. Hong Cha stopped and turned to him. She have no choice but to nod. Mo Ye cant wait for tomorrow.

Hong Cha looked outside the window to see Mo Ye waiting. She doesn't have the courage to show up. If she gets too close with him, he might fall for her again. Mo Ye heaved a sigh. Where is she? He subconsciously looked upwards to see a shadow moving away from the window.

She headed to her bed to rest when she saw a white snake entering from the window. Mo Ye returned to his human form with his usual charming smile.

"Xiao Cha, are you avoiding me?" he calmly strode towards her. Hong Cha quickly took the quilt and covered herself. Mo Ye suppressed a chuckle. He sat on the bedside, his red pupils flickering. "If you won't talk to me, I will do something you wouldn't like."

"Your Majesty-"

"Call me Mo Ye." he insisted. Hong Cha lowered the quilt. His heart thumped loudly to see her looking like a defenseless puppy. "So, Xiao Cha, you are avoiding me, is it?"

"Yes." she nodded.

"Why? Did I do something wrong?" Mo Ye frowned. Hong Cha shook her head.

"I just... I missed someone. And, you reminded me of him. He lives in the mortal world and I wish I could see him once more." Hong Cha's eyes turned tearful.

"Him?" he thought. She missed a man? Who? Mo Ye felt like his heart was being pricked. "If I take you to him, you will no longer ignore me?"

"Really?" her dull eyes brightened. Mo Ye didn't expect she would be happy. Though he doesn't want to, he agreed.

Shangguan Yuan arrived in front of a dilapidated building but there is no sign of her. Almost six decades had passed since she disappeared. Because of the medicine she made for him, he maintained his young appearance up until now. Shangguan Yuan heaved a sigh. He raised his fist and knocked on the door. Still, no one answered. Where did she go?

"Brother Shangguan?" the voice he yearned to hear had resounded. Shangguan Yuan turned back to see Hong Cha. A man in red robes stood behind her.

"Lady Liu, you-." before he can ask, Hong Cha embraced him. Shangguan Yuan was stunned, Mo Ye was even more surprised.

"Brother Shangguan, its been almost two months!" she cheerfully looked at him. Shangguan Yuan smiled and held her chin.

"Two months? Where have you been? Almost sixty years had passed. Jianghu has been looking for their divine doctor but you never appeared again. Lady Liu, I was even so worried." he thought she met a big trouble while he was not around. Shangguan Yuan regretted his miscalculations. "Lady Liu, I was looking for you for nearly sixty years. I will not hide from you but I yearn to be with you."

"Xiao Cha cant." suddenly, Mo Ye pulled Hong Cha to him. Hong Cha was startled. Oh, no. This will bring him trouble!

"Lady Liu, will you stay?" Shangguan Yuan ignored him and reached his hand for Hong Cha. "Lady Liu, I do love you and I had waited for sixty years at most. What about someone else? Had they confessed? Do they have the courage to confess?"

Mo Ye froze as Hong Cha pulled her hand. He never confessed. Even when he was Xiao Bai or the old Mo Ye, he never did. Perhaps it would be better this way. If she stays out of his way and wait for the right time to save him.