Arc 6: Innocent 'Evil' Hubby (184)

A week had passed, Hong Cha and Bai Xiao finished scouting. The army led by Li Sinan settled camping halfway through the ruins of the Red Court. Hong Cha has been spying on them in secret by following Bai Xiao. She acted oblivious of Bai Xiao's strange manner lately and even befriended her. Bai Xiao thought she can deceive Hong Cha, not knowing she was the one being manipulated. Hong Cha noticed it and System Wu notified her that Bai Xiao already caught He Xia. Those two were having fun out in the woods while Hong Cha is doing her best to provide info for the Red Court and Li Sinan is making sure the army is well disciplined!

But, what does she expect? The unlicensed system have a hidden agenda. It requires its host to seduce men of high statuses but the truth is, it was a cover. Each difficult target are male gods. The previous ones that Bai Xiao successfully seduced were Rank C to A male gods. Yin Yehai's rank kept changing that is why it's really hard for Bai Xiao to sleep with him. The real agenda of Bai Xiao's unlicensed system is to harness universal energy in the illegal way. It is to drive a world off its balanced fate and harness its energy for numerous use.

Universal energy is on-demand in Earth 1 and other advanced civilization. It can be destructive, it can be profitable, it can be helpful. One of its use is a generated body and life force to act as a vessel for soul. That is how Hong Cha is able to live again. It was legal for trainees like her to break a world plot in a fictional universe, because her system will store the energy she was able to harness from destroying its fixed balance. The unlicensed system is doing the same by having its host seduce male gods and affect their fate. However, it is illegal to use this ruthless way on real worlds.

"Brother Xia~."

"Xiao Xiao wants this much?"

Hong Cha covered her mouth while watching the two figures beneath the tree she sat at. Bai Xiao is having one of her late-night dates with He Xia. She must say, He Xia is also another black-bellied wolf which Bai Xiao likes very well. However, its nothing compared to Yin Yehai whose first time was too intense.

Seeing that they intend to undress, Hong Cha left carefully. He Xia was unable to hear her even with his higher level of cultivation. He is too busy fooling around with his Xiao Xiao. Hong Cha paused when she got away from the ugly place. She is about to turn behind her but someone covered her mouth with a hand and a dagger on her neck.

"What are you doing here?" Li Sinan asked with a calm tone. Hong Cha didn't want to be unprepared and elbowed him while grabbing his arm. She flung Li Sinan forward.

"He's such a gentleman." Hong Cha thought and grinned. Li Sinan is stubborn to his own kindness and hated violence but he have to be ruthless sometimes when needed to. He is gentle, everyone in the mainland knew this trait of his. That is why she bravely hit him since she knew he won't have the heart to kill an unknown girl. "Sorry, but you suddenly pressed a blade on me so I have to fight back. Are you alright...?"

Hong Cha was stunned. This face...

"Lin Siji?!" She stepped back. It has been so many years, she forgot his voice but she still remembers that feminine face!

"Miss, let me ask again. Who are you?" He frowned, was she calling him Lin Siji or she meant some other word perhaps?

"I'm just a wanderer, got any problem with lone cultivators rich mister?" Hong Cha regained her cool and taunted him. The way he dressed, definitely fitting for a prince so she used the term 'rich' to emphasize.

"Do you know what territory you are in?" Still not convinced, Li Sinan probed further.

"Of course, this is the path heading to the Red Court. I heart the Red Court was the strongest among all the Seven Courts so I want to scavenge some treasures those old demons left." She was conversing with Li Sinan and System Wu at the same time. Hong Cha had asked if this was really Lin Siji.

[No fret, Host. It is Lin Siji's reincarnation.]

"That means... I didn't destroy that fiction?" Hong Cha hid her bewilderment from Li Sinan.

[No, Host. You freed every one life in that fiction world to have their own freedom and will. They have been trapped in the same cycle which causes too much death and grief. That is why the systemized department wished to eliminate novels with too much kept negativities. If it can't be stopped, too much negativity can cause one cannon fodder or character to be reborn and collapse the plot. The energy will be wasted so Earth 1 prefer trainees to accomplish this task.]

A/N: I'm pretty sure the transmigration department will target my novel next (・ัω・ั)

"Wait-" she reached a realization but a fragment of her memory started flashing in her mind.

"Camellia." The teenage Wu Sheng called behind her as they strolled down the path amidst the rice paddies. She hummed and turned to him. Wu Sheng looked so downcast but he made up his mind and breathed in. "I'll be going to the city soon."

"Oh." Hong Cha's heart skipped. She is unsure of what to say. "Why?"

"My father passed away recently. I, even if I did not want, I'm obliged to accept his inheritance. Which means, I have to travel back to the city." He lowered his head and avoided her saddened gaze. Wu Sheng doesn't have the right to complain or refuse his father's last will.

"What are you moping about? This is a chance, Brother Sheng. Aunt Ming needs expensive medicines, you said, right? Go seize what was meant for you and help Aunt Ming get well." Hong Cha smiled cheerfully to hide her unwillingness to part. Aunt Ming is Wu Sheng's mother. Rumors in this province says Aunt Ming entered a fixed marriage with Wu Sheng's father. Their matrimony wasn't a cause for love but for a legitimate heir. With so many mistresses the husband has, Aunt Ming ran away with her son. It is about time Wu Sheng goes back to his father's side, even if too late.

"But, you-"

"Are you worried for me?" She giggled and continued hopping towards a tree. Hong Cha saw the same black cat with grey eyes staring down to her from the topmost branch. "Look, Mao Yi is here!"

"Camellia Hong." Wu Sheng called in a sudden forceful tone. Hong Cha faced him and was a bit nervous. "I, I'm not worried. I don't want to part, from you."

"Y-you, you really want to make fun of me!" Her face reddened and butterflies fluttered in her stomach.

"Camellia, I'm j back here and bring you with me to the city." Wu Sheng promised sincerely and Hong Cha was rendered speechless. She smiled even brighter.

"I believe you."