Arc 5: A Concubine's Duty (152)

Gu Jiaoyue woke up in a sudden. He looked around and saw his office. Just a moment ago, he saw a girl he can't recognize. She was in a room with another man and he heard some argument he didn't understand. What was that?

"Sir." A holographic assistant appeared in front of his desk. Gu Jiaoyue composed himself and waved his hand. "Supervisor Red Strauss discovered an error. It placed Miss Hong Cha in danger."

"What is it?" As soon as he asked, the hologram turned to a monitor to show Red looking distraught. "Red, what's wrong?"

"A male god just recalled his past life. This is bad. His rank is..."

"Hong Cha's dealing with a Rank SSS male god?!" Gu Jiaoyue was alarmed. If that male god is not Gu Zixing, it could endanger Hong Cha. No, even if that male god is Gu Zixing, after all what they've gone through, it will cost her life!

"I don't know how. The Rank A male god awakened his past self and the transmigration pod Hong Cha used opened without her soul in her body! She's trapped, in that other world even if her system is here. Jiaojiao, if that male god is not Star..."

"I'll go locate her. Keep her system attached to mine." Gu Jiaoyue snapped his fingers. The monitor turned off before Red can retort. Gu Jiaoyue is unsure if Gu Zixing did this. How can his brother harm Hong Cha? And if she stays in that world, her soul will perish to a void. The system is the only thing connecting her to Earth 1. This is another disadvantage of a systemized transmigrator. Without a system, their soul get exhausted for travelling space and time and the original soul of the body they host will take over. Once the original soul returns, the transmigrator without a doubt, will perish for good.

Hong Cha felt dizzy but she withstood the pain in her head, she wanted to sleep yet she refused because her instinct is telling her it would be her end if she gives up. She still hadn't repelled Bai Fuxi. She must leave him happy with Yu Anwei. This can't happen!

"Xiao Cha?" Bai Fuxi was struck with extreme worry when she fell on him. "Xiao Cha! Don't close your eyes!"

Hong Cha did her best to avoid sleeping. She clutched on his robe to keep herself up. Fortunately, the pain receded but she still fell asleep. Bai Fuxi was anxious and checked her pulse.

"Xiao Cha, never leave me. I will not allow you to!" He was relieved she have a pulse, she's alive.

Weeks passed briskly. A new emperor rose to the throne when war struck. The king was assassinated. The chancellor took his place as the regent and reigned the empire. With his wiseness, the new emperor brought glory to his regime. War was not yet appeased, both the Grand General Yu and his first son were deployed under the new emperor's command.

These are the news that reached Hong Cha after she became conscious. With General Yu and Yu Huang away from the capital, Bai Fuxi can do anything he wants. He turned Yu Anwei as the deposed empress and she received the title as Imperial Noble Consort, a higher position above a deposed empress.

She can't contact System Wu to help her analyze the situation better but she kept herself vigilant against Bai Fuxi. He is like Mo Ye, someone who could kill her.

But as Imperial Noble Consort, she was actually doted on. The harem only have her and Yu Anwei. However, compared to the empress, she lives better from an outsider's perspective. Without even asking, Bai Fuxi will send her new expensive accessories, high quality clothes and costly delicacies. It was to the extent he could build her a palace of jade if she wants to. Yet, these were all nothing to Hong Cha. All she wanted is to return to Earth 1 and forget Bai Fuxi. She knows the consequences of staying here for too long without a system. It just meant they are not destined to be together.

Hong Cha felt her consciousness getting weaker each passing day. Sometimes, she would even wake up paralyzed. She knew her time is closing. And once Hong Yingcha takes over her body, Hong Cha will be gone forever.

She never told Bai Fuxi and kept quiet. Either way, he is busy governing an expanding empire. He only visited her once when she first woke up. He would gift her countless luxuries as if trying to make it up for her.

Her hopes are down so she decided to make her last move, to make sure once she dies, Bai Fuxi doesn't get in trouble. With handmaidens following he, she entered the cold palace. Even though Yu Anwei is the empress, Bai Fuxi dared to let Hong Cha live in the empress' residence.

"Leave us alone." Hong Cha turned to the servants once she spotted Yu Anwei in the dreary garden. She stood still when she saw Hong Cha.

"Your Highness, His Majesty said-"

"Leave us alone." She repeated firmly. The handmaidens have no choice but to retreat. Hong Cha stepped forth and kept a distance with Yu Anwei. She knew with what Bai Fuxi did, Yu Anwei could kill her. "Sister, I am not here to flaunt my status or to mock you. Please stay calm."

Yu Anwei didn't respond and kept glaring at Hong Cha. She sighed in guilt. "Sister, I will die soon. But before I do, I will do everything so Bai Fuxi can love you. He will be yours but please, remove your hatred."

"Remove my hatred?" She used a tone that is full of travesty. "After he shamed me? After he kept hurting my feelings?!"

"Sister, I promise! He can love you when I'm gone!" Hong Cha is sure of what she is doing. She doesn't wish Yu Anwei to suffer more just like Song Cha Hua. She is now becoming the villain here because of this messed up mission.

"All craps!" Yu Anwei went forth and slapped Hong Cha in spite of anger. Hong Cha endured and fell down from the impact. She will not fight since she deserves to be beaten. She took away what Yu Anwei has been asking.