Arc 6: Innocent 'Evil' Hubby (166)

Yin Yehai woke up with the direct sunlight brimming through the window. He blinked for some time until he sat up in fear. The sky is so red outside, like blood, and the sun is slowly vanishing amidst the wide sea. For some reason, his chest was stuffy, as if this sort of beautiful scenery was scary. Yin Yehai remembered Hong Cha was sleeping next to him so he reached to his side and turned but no one was there. His face paled, fear crept in his heart and he quickly jumped off the bed to leave.

"Hong Cha!" He called out of their room and saw that Da Yu is there. "Da Yu, where is Hong Cha?"

"Dock." Da Yu was confused why Yin Yehai was bothered. Before he could ask, Yin Yehai ran upwards the stairs to reach the dock.

The pain in his heart didn't subside when he reached the dock because he could see the sky. Yin Yehai frantically searched around. There were so many people here, some were laughing and others are chatting. His panic caused his eyes to form tears. Finally, he saw a lonely figure near the railings. As quick as lightning, he grabbed her wrist and made her turn to him.

"Hong Cha!" He was relieved, she's here and safe.

"Yehai, something wrong?" She looked at him in confusion but Yin Yehai can't explain what he just felt right now.

"Hong Cha, don't leave me like that again! What are you doing here?" His eyes watered and Hong Cha laughed. She brushed away his tears before pinching his sour red nose.

"I'm just admiring the sunset. Why are you so vexed? It's not like I'll disappear." She huffed lightly. Hong Cha knew he hates dusk and dawn, quite an unusual trait a male god has.

"It's ugly." Yin Yehai sniffed, his tearful expression caused her to be guilty.

"Alright, alright. I won't do that again. We can still admire the sunset, en?" Hong Cha faced the sea again and took the initiative to hold his hand just so he could calm down. It was effective since Yin Yehai eventually released his tense.

Just why does he hate dusk and dawn?

Hong Cha's lashes trembled though she doesn't want to get ahead herself. She looked at Yin Yehai who is also dazed.

"Yehai, you hate this, why?" She slowly asked.

"I don't know." Yin Yehai is unsure too. Ever since he met her, he became afraid of scenery like this. When he was alone with Da Yu in the mountain, Yin Yehai never feared sunset or sunrise. But every sunrise, he felt regret. In every sunset, he felt afraid, afraid that Hong Cha will leave him. It was like he is sure she will disappear at this sort of moment.

Hong Cha didn't say anything and swayed their intertwined hands slightly. She expected the impossible, he can't be Bai Fuxi.

"Yehai, once we reach the mainland, you don't have to fear anything anymore. You won't be lonely too." Hong Cha let his hand go and held onto the railing. She didn't expect Yin Yehai will place his arm around her waist and make her lean on his shoulder. This made her smile, she really 'raised' this pure beauty to be a sweet one.

"Really?" His eyes brightened with expectation and he turned to face her. Hong Cha smiled in assurance before nodding.

"Mhmm. But of course, you have to burden some responsibilities your father left behind. No worries, we can all aid you." She thought of giving him an insight into what will happen after. Yin Yehai had lived on his own with only Da Yu who forbids him to practice martial arts. Once he enters the Red Court, the demon lords can guide him on how to be like his father. He may not be able to do it by himself so he needs support.

"My father...?" He thought. What he can only recall about his father is that he was cherished. Yin Yehai sometimes sees his father being so proud of him. The saddest memory and the most vivid was the day those reverends tried to kill them. If not for Da Yu who desperately did his best to escape, Yin Yehai could have died.

"Now, don't be sad." Hong Cha cupped his face and squeezed it lightly. She really can't stand it if such a cute 'boy' shows that sort of expression. Unexpectedly, Yin Yehai leaned down.

Passengers passed by the dock but by the railings where the bright sun can be viewed, two shadows linked. One that is tall, another that is small.

Hong Cha blinked why she didn't go wild this time. She wonders if Yin Yehai had controlled his ability. They only stood there for few seconds, their warm lips huddled intimately.

"Hong Cha, you always comfort me." He smiled brightly after stooping back. Hong Cha coughed and hid her trance.

"Ah, look. It's getting dark. We should return inside and have dinner." Hong Cha coughed twice. Yin Yehai is oblivious she is embarrassed.

"Mn." Yin Yehai nodded nonetheless. As he followed her back, he can't help but look at the sun for the last time. A sudden thought entered him, even he can't tell where it came from. "We won't get separated."

Again, that night, Yin Yehai was restless than before. He was fervent when claiming her lips, she have no choice but cater to him and let Yin Yehai calm down after. Hong Cha has been kissed by him a lot of times and he seldom does it this fervent. Mostly, he only steals a peck and would sleep soundly later. Yet tonight, he was asking for more.

"Yehai, ha..." Hong Cha gasped for air. She knew his desire spiked up but he don't know how to express it other than kissing. It relieved her but System Wu had warned her if this keeps going on, the Sin of Lust will have a stronger effect on her.

"Cha." He called her name in a low husky tone. Hong Cha was distressed when he pushed her against the headboard again.

"When will this end?" She thought. It was also intense, far passionate than the previous ones. Hong Cha stood on her ground. She is still unwilling to sully such a male god.