Same Face (195)

Red's wedding is grand and in traditional western style. The groom is a commandant that fought in the war as well. Hong Cha is the normal guest but Gu Jiaoyue is the best man. He is the closest friend of the groom, Agon Wolfe. Hong Cha watched the procession and saw Gu Jiaoyue enter first with the groom. He smiled and winked at her. She returned a smile but the ladies next to her started assuming it was them. She wanted to laugh. He is popular, ah. These women can almost faint with just a wink from him.

Red arrived with her parents and soon stood in front of the judge with Agon. They gave their agreement and vows.

"Miss Red seems to be unhappy." A female guest whispered behind Hong Cha. She listened to their conversation in secret.

"Of course not. Everyone here knows she likes General Star, you know, General Moon's brother."

"I heard they were childhood sweethearts too. General Star also risked his work just to save her in the past."

"True. She got trapped in the first system ever made. General Star saved her and even helped her improve the transmigration department."

"They were such a couple back then. News always has them together."

"If it wasn't for this Hong Cha, maybe General Star will stop this marriage."

"Oh, I know her. She was that book character General Star focused on. Wasn't it all false rumors?"

"It's still unknown if that Hong Cha is real. If she is, then she might be happy she ruined Red's love story with General Star."

Hong Cha lowered her head and slowly loosened her fists. She looked up to Red who is indifferent in the whole process. Red began crying after her vow. It's unknown whether it was from happiness or grief. She secretly looked at Hong Cha and then there they both knew she is unhappy. Hong Cha looked away in evasion. Red loves Gu Zixing, but because of her, Red can never be with him anymore.

After the ceremony was completed, guests proceeded to the reception. It was already getting dark but the reception is brightly glimmering in golden color. It was like a fairytale gala. Hong Cha was talking with the female guests and chatted with them. They heard a very melodious song resounding in the hall and the light dimmed.

Red and Agon danced in the middle spotlight. This attracted a lot of attention and adoring gazes.

"How lucky. Mr. Agon is a popular guy in S-25. They're a perfect couple." One of the girls muttered.

"Oh my... Girls! Look who's coming!" Hong Cha heard them squeal. They quickly acted calm and a young man then stood before them.

"Good evening, ladies." Gu Jiaoyue smiled at them. They can barely contain their embarrassment. Hong Cha tittered but they didn't expect Gu Jiaoyue will offer his hand to her. All of them were stunned, including her. "Can I have this dance?"

Hong Cha choked, she thought the girls around her will see her as an eyesore but she didn't understand why their eyes were sparkling.

"Song Cha, quick, accept it!" They cheered. She knew they admire Gu Jiaoyue but she is glad they don't find it offensive.

Hong Cha held his hand as he brought her to the dancefloor. There are already pairs dancing around the newlywed. Hong Cha looked down as much as she could because of their close distance.

"Hong Cha." Gu Jiaoyue called for her attention. He held her closer and squeezed her hand a bit.

"Yeah?" She lifted her gaze to him, confused why he wasn't saying anything else. Gu Jiaoyue smiled and leaned closer.

"You're beautiful." One simple compliment made Hong Cha laugh a bit.

"Since when did you speak these many cliches?" Hong Cha asked just on time when the song stopped.

"Meet me later. I will tell you something." Gu Jiaoyue brushed her hair across her face and left. Hong Cha stood there for a moment before turning to the guests congratulating Red and Agon.

"Miss Red." Hong Cha found her courage and stepped forward. "Congratulations, Supervisor."

"Thank you for coming. Agon, can I talk to my friend for a while?" Red asked her husband. He nodded and smiled gently at her. She turned to Hong Cha and gestured for her to follow.

They arrived at the back garden of the mansion. A fountain is in the middle and there are stored wines near the wall. Red picked one before handing it to Hong Cha.

"These wines are made just like those produced in the 21st century. I had them reserved for you and other guests interested in historical cultures." Red curved her lips gently but this further deepened Hong Cha's guilt.

"I'm sorry." She looked down and shut her eyes. "Miss Red, I'm sorry. I know you love Gu Zixing, but I-"

"I just wish I was you, Hong Cha. However, not everything we want always comes true." Her eyes dampened and tears formed. Red heaved a sigh to calm herself. "I only ask you to bring him back. Please, help him return."

"I'll try." Hong Cha nodded. She was suddenly embraced by Red.

"Hong Cha, if you ever learn the truth, don't be mad at him. Listen to him once he comes back and doesn't fight."

The night deepened, rain drizzled a bit and clouds blocked the stars. Only the moon was left to see. Hong Cha sat alone on small stairs leading to the garden. She had finished half the wine and it's starting to cloud her thoughts. After a moment of silence, her tears also fell. She doesn't understand why her of all characters. Why will Gu Zixing choose her to be in this place? Why did they turn out like this?

"Don't cry." She heard a familiar voice and someone draped their suit on her shoulder. Hong Cha turned to her side to see someone with the same face as Gu Zixing. He lightly smiled at her and wiped her tears. "Thinking of him again?"