Arc 5: A Concubine's Duty (147)

"You are him..?" Hong Cha asked in a faltering tone. Her pupils contracted to pin size once his face changed. Unconsciously, tears fell from her eyes. Hong Cha stood by the wide hall of the sect, only the two of them within the roof's shed as rain started pouring.

"You awakened without destroying this generated fiction world." Gu Zixing heaved a sigh and went past her, his gaze still on the falling raindrops. "Camellia, about the previous worlds..."

"Hehe, all this time, I thought, ah..." she thought her master wasn't the person she was trying to avoid. And again, she fell for the wrong person. Hong Cha leaned on the pillar behind her and covered her face with her hand to hide her falling tears. Her lips rose to a mocking grin and laughed at her foolishness. "I thought he wasn't you!"

"This disguise is the only way I could get close to you, Camellia. This would be the last time. Once I succeed, you could-"

"I could what?! Save your Red Strauss? That's it? Gu Zixing! I trusted you, I believed you truly love me but you made me look like a clown! I offered myself, I did everything you asked, I destroyed Brother Sheng just for you! Then what more? What more do you want?" Hong Cha's firsts trembled from suppressed anger. Wu Sheng, the boy she used to admire, the man she used to love, died for her false pretense. She did what Gu Zixing asked her. She stole Wu Sheng from his wife and made him believe she loves him too. But after Wu Sheng lost everything, she left him and sought for Gu Zixing but he left. Before her death that lifetime, she vowed to find him and it repeated again. Unfortunately, when she came to love him until betraying her own self, he disappeared once more. It just wouldn't end.

"Wu Sheng, do you know where he is now and you're still regretting what you did?" Gu Zixing cant believe he was envying someone he knows, someone very close to him just because of her. "Wu Sheng is still alive, only that, in a different form and world. But we cant coexist that is why I keep following you. I want you back, Camellia, he took you from me!"

"Is this a new role? A new chapter where you make me trust you?" Hong Cha chuckled and hastily wiped her tears. She looked straight to his eyes with a smug bearing. "Well, you won. But this will not stop me from hating you. I will do my best to look for Brother Sheng. Dare to stop me and I will kill you without hesitation!"

Hong Cha woke up with a start. She furrowed her brows and tried hard to recall what she dreamt of.

"Wu Sheng...? System Wu, who is Wu Sheng?" she asked in her thought and turned to her side. Bai Fuxi was there. He was sleeping peacefully but his hand was tightly intertwined with hers. "System Wu?"

[Over, Host. Wu Sheng is a male lead of an awakened novel, a previous landlord's son. He left his province and established a marketing company that went successful.]

"What is the novel's summary?" Hong Cha lied down next to Bai Fuxi. She noticed his brows crossing and his jaw tensed as if he was having a bad dream. Hong Cha squeezed his hand gently when he opened his eyes a bit.

[The novel's main characters are Wu Sheng and Li Yan. Wu Sheng grew up with his uncle in the province and had a childhood sweetheart. But when he grew up, his father died and he inherited the marketing company his father owns. Wu Sheng moved to the city while his childhood sweetheart stayed in the province. Later, he met a new employee of the company, Li Yan. Like any other innocent female leads, she relied on Wu Sheng which he likes very much. Unfortunately, as they confessed, the villainess arrived. She is the childhood sweetheart of the male lead, Hong Cha.]

[Hong Cha is a wealthy man's daughter, one of the shareholders in the marketing company Wu Sheng owns. She used this opportunity to break them apart. At first, she befriended Li Yan while secretly seducing Wu Sheng. Even though she tried, she failed and made the main characters' bond to be stronger. Unlike any villainess, Hong Cha knows when to stop. She reconciled with the female lead and left them alone. In the end, Hong Cha committed suicide from sadness. But she wasn't a loss to the readers, since the author focused on the main character's happy ending.]

Hong Cha pupils dilated when she felt Bai Fuxi hugging her closer. He was mumbling something she couldn't understand well. In the next second, he kissed her.

"Husband!" she was caught off guard but in a sudden, he pinned her wrists above her head. Hong Cha was scared to see his eyes turning icy blue.

"Husband...?" he lightly frowned. The last thing he could remember, he was resting nearby her grave. He just thought, this must be a dream? Hadn't she died for him?

"H-Husband, get off. I thought we're done?" Hong Cha looked away but she kept peeking at his eyes. "Your eyes...t-they're different."

Without saying a thing, he left the bed and looked at himself in front of the mirror.

This wasn't his face! But his eyes... Its the same, the same ones like his mother's.

He turned to Hong Cha and this single glance caused his heart to beat fast. One look, he knew, this is his Xiao Cha.

[Host... the system is having a bug, please ignore this error.]

"Your eyes, what happened?" Hong Cha piqued but in a second, the pair of icy blue irises dimmed to amber with golden flecks. She is having a bad feeling about this.

"Xiao Cha." Nian Xiaoyuan hugged her urgently, his consciousness fading fast. Before his departure, he cupped her face and kissed her with full passion. Hong Cha didn't resist. Once he stopped, the heavy feeling she felt was gone.

"Husband?" she called out once more.

"Huh? What am I doing?" he was confused why he is this close to Hong Cha. That was when he remembered the dream he had. Where a woman, as lovely as no one else, protected him from a blade. Bai Fuxi looked at Hong Cha again. It wasn't her, definitely not her. But in one mere dream, Bai Fuxi longed to find her.