Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (106)

She chose a needle from Liu Hong Cha's kit and held Mo Ye's hand. Hong Cha pricked his fingertip quickly. Mo Ye still looked expressionless. She placed the red vial underneath his hand and dropped few batch of his blood. Hong Cha let him go once she had the amount she needed.

"There. You don't have to cut your palm or hurt yourself." Hong Cha ruffled his hair which caught him off guard. These past days, he was avoiding her petting since he regained his memories. However, he didn't expect Hong Cha to pat him. Hong Cha took her handkerchief and wiped the remaining blood on him. "Go wash your hand. It will be bad if you let an open wound unclean."

"Master, why are you so kind to me?" Mo Ye brought out a question. He cant understand humans well. Wasn't he a stranger? But why is she this caring and lenient to him? Doesn't she find him dangerous since he is a dragon?

"Im always kind." she blinked. "Let me think why. Because I saw you hurt two weeks ago and thought of helping you. Because you are a good guy. Because I like you too."

"You...like me?" Mo Ye almost choked.

"Mn. I like you since you are obedient. I like people who are not bad." Hong Cha patted his head and took the vial before she stood up. Mo Ye silently sat there on his own. His clone dispersed in a sudden.

"Silly, I thought she meant another." he really thought she likes him in a different way. Mo Ye paused when a premonition appeared in his mind. It was Hong Cha worrying terribly for Shangguan Yuan who was bedridden. She looks so sad.

The last material is the Liansheng flower. It is a lotus flower that contains life force and connected to being reborn. The Liansheng flower is the most important ingredient she needed. Hong Cha was planning the second day on what to do when a man appeared to report an urgent matter. Shangguan Yuan has been unconscious for a couple of days. It worried Hong Cha so they have to rush to the capital of Jin Dynasty.

Like what Mo Ye saw, she was saddened to see the bedridden Shangguan Yuan. They only need the final material but his body is already giving up. Hong Cha was restless the whole day. She wanted to enter the palace but that will be equal to seeking death.

"Master, I can look for the Liansheng flower." Mo Ye offered. Usually, he wouldn't care about anyone else but ever since he was with her, he started reconsidering everything for her.

"Really?" Hong Cha turned to him in surprise. Mo Ye nodded but she came to a deep thought. "I'll go with you."

"No need. I will come back safe, Master." he assured Hong Cha. Mo Ye knows a different place where the Liansheng flower is. If he enters the emperor's palace, that would be risky. The heavens can detect his presence since the emperor has always been related to them.

Mo Ye left that instant and Hong Cha has to look after Shangguan Yuan. She didn't expect he would wake up the next day. Hong Cha immediately fed him his medicines to help him recover fast. She cant tell until when can Mo Ye come back.

Finally, after a thousand year, he now had a good look of the Underworld. With his true form soaring above, the impermanence and souls recognized him. He is the one who caused another war between the demon and immortal clan, Mo Ye. King Biancheng who ruled the city of innocent deaths appeared in front of Mo Ye that stood by the Yanwang's Palace. After Mo Ye caused a massacre in the upper realm, lots of innocent souls were brought to his kingdom which gave him a headache. Moreover, Mo Ye was ordered to be captured alive.

"Demon Ye, the Eighteenth Hell's king is looking for you." King Biancheng coldly said. Mo Ye narrowed his eyes haughtily.

"Step out of the way, old king." Mo Ye returned to his human form. However, King Biancheng didn't do as he said. With a wave of his sleeve, spiky peaks of ice emerged from the ground. Before King Biancheng can fight him, the palace gates opened.

"Demon Ye!" Yanwang angrily shouted his name. He is here to wreck things again! Even daring to challenge an undead king! "Stop messing around! Be glad Goddess Mi Cha warned us not to do anything to you. What did you come here for? You're not going to devour souls or deliver new dead people, eh?"

"Tch." Mo Ye snorted. Mi Cha again. She is such a good pretender. "Who needs her help. Yanwang, you still grow Liansheng flowers, right? Give me one."

"Bold!" Yanwang can almost vomit blood. No demon had ever irritated him the way Mo Ye did, or order him around like a eunuch. "I don't have any. Goddess Mi Cha took them for the little princess."

Mo Ye froze. Right, he now remembers. Mi Cha have a daughter who is fond of lotus flowers. That daughter of hers was rumored to be admiring a mortal emperor who grows Liansheng flowers too. Even if he was detained in the depths of hell, the impermanence guarding his place had delivered the news that Mi Cha had given birth to an immortal princess.

"O-oi, Demon Ye! Where are you going?!" Yanwang was alarmed when Mo Ye flew upwards in his true form. Mo Ye disappeared from their sight as King Biancheng sighed helplessly.

"Ai, Goddess Mi Cha had married to the crown prince of the seventh heaven. Who knows what will Demon Ye do again?" King Biancheng remembered how Mo Ye singlehandedly killed hundreds of immortals just to stop Mi Cha's wedding with Prince Lingdao Dijun. However, Mi Cha deceived Mo Ye and injured him that the immortals found a way to send him in the Eighteenth Hell.

Mi Cha overlooked her reflection from the clear spring of wine. Countless petals of peach blossoms fell around her and on the small fountain of wine while she touched the surface. A colorful phoenix appeared behind her before turning into a middle-aged man.

"Princess, no matter how long you look at the wine, it won't make you forget your memories unless you drink it." Feng Jiuzheng said and walked closer. Mi Cha smiled bitterly. "One sip can erase your full memoir that you will forget your true identity. For whom was that cup of wine you stole before?"

"Sorry, Great Uncle. I was just... I cant decide whether to take a sip or not. If I do, it will be over. Mo Ye will no longer be in my heart, but, I have a husband and a child. I cant forget them too..." Mi Cha sat up and leaned off the fountain.

"Princess!" her maidservant suddenly rushed. "Princess, Demon Ye is back! He demands to see Your Highness!"