Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (104)

A loud roar resounded, making the whole immortal realm shook itself from the impact. Hong Cha blinked and saw a white flash hitting the beast. A regal white dragon pushed the beast back until the forests. Countless trees and demon beasts were harmed but the dragon didn't stop. Its fierce red eyes glared to the struggling beast. The white dragon was Mo Ye's true form. This astounded Hong Cha since she thought he was just a snake!

Mo Ye bit the beast's neck, his fangs bearing deeper into its flesh. With one swift lift, he flung the beast towards the dark dragon. Hong Cha duck down because of the strong wind. Mo Ye flew above her and back to his enemies. The dragon evaded the beast and lunged at Mo Ye. He was caught down the meadow nearby Hong Cha.

"Xiao Bai!" she was aggrieved to hear him struggling and fighting his enemy. They bit each other till they bled profusely. Hong Cha cant tell what to do. Mo Ye fought back fiercely when his red pupils became blue. He bit the dragon again as frosts surrounded them. Hong Cha quickly ran far from the frosts and the temperature dropped till she shivered.

Mo Ye turned the dragon down and breathed out a strong gust of snowy wind. The dragon beneath him roared, its body turning into ice. The beast saw this and hurried to harm Mo Ye. However, Mo Ye foresaw this and waved his tail. The beast was whipped so far, almost hitting Hong Cha again. To her surprise, in just one whip, the beast became a block of ice. Mo Ye stopped once the dragon became solid ice too. His eyes wandered to look for Hong Cha. Seeing her fine, he was so relieved.

"Eek!" she took a step back when the white dragon stood in front of her. Hong Cha gulped. Its eyes were blue, not the red ones she used to look at. She thought Mo Ye had remembered who he was after turning into his true form. Surprisingly, he lowered his head and closed his eyes. Hong Cha was speechless. Oh, she worries too much. This is still her Xiao Bai. She reluctantly placed her hand on his head. The strange cold sensation made her feel awkward for a bit. "Xiao Bai, thank you."

To express her gratitude, she hugged the dragon from its neck. Mo Ye was motionless. Their eyes suddenly contracted and remembered a piece of their memory.

"Mo Ye, I will not miss you." the same girl hugged him from his neck. He was in his true form and she is not bothered. Mo Ye saw her wear her smile again but her eyes were full of sadness. She turned her back and paused. "I will not miss you. Do not think of me again. We really are not for one another. Even fate forbids it."

"Gu Zixing." Hong Cha embraced him tightly. She looked up to him to see his affectionate gaze. "Gu Zixing, come back, alright? I will be waiting."

"Camellia, I will try." he hugged her back but if Hong Cha had known, she wouldn't have hoped or trusted him. Gu Zixing's lips tugged downwards. Its over. He had done what he shouldn't have.

They stood there for a moment. Hong Cha was first to let Mo Ye go. She placed the vial in her pouch and turned to Mo Ye.

"Let's go?" she smiled brightly. Mo Ye motioned for her to get on his back. Hong Cha found a good position and clung to him. He shook his head first before soaring to the night sky. Strong wind whispered because of his speed.

"Amazing!" she was stunned to see Jianghu from above at night. It was a beautiful scene. Seemingly, Mo Ye had gone playful and lowered himself to a nearby wide meadow. With his speed and the wind disturbed, the meadow shook. Everywhere he goes, fireflies would light up. Hong Cha was even more mesmerized. Taking care of a male god wasn't bad at all. It must be a blessing, ah.

Mo Ye rose upwards the soft sky and brought Hong Cha above. The moon was full and bright, enchanting her to a trance. He went downwards to the clinic. Hong Cha blink and the dragon was gone, replaced by a feminine handsome man. He was holding her in his arms when she recovered and she was clinging on his neck. That familiar face and his red shaded eyes made her heart beat. He resembles Ying Wenxiang, the second character she admired a bit. This made her blush.

"Master, your cheeks are red. What happened?" he asked with a slightly caring tone. Hong Cha quickly lowered her head.

"N-nothing!" she jumped off him and entered the clinic. With her back facing him, she didn't see his red eyes becoming cold and ruthless. The naivety before was gone.

"Xiao Bai, huh." he crossed his arms as if dissatisfied. Mo Ye remembered who he was. His lip twitched upon recalling how he acted like an attention-seeking dog towards Hong Cha. Or when he was trying to impress her just so she can pat his head. Since when did the infamous Mo Ye got degraded to a dog?! It infuriated him but he cant blame the girl either.

"Xiao Bai?" Hong Cha called. Mo Ye changed his expression back to the coffin-faced Xiao Bai she knew. She came out of the door and took a gander. "Come in. Its cold outside. Help me prepare a soup. Its good for soothing ourselves."

"En." Mo Ye agreed nonetheless. She saved him from the brink fo death and helped him hide from the impermanence of the Underworld. He should stay here for some time until he recovers his full strength. Moreover, the mortal girl's fate made him interested. She will die for the man she loves. As for that man, Mo Ye doesn't know who he is. But since he have some mercy left, he can help her overcome her tribulation.