Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (113)

"Hm..." Hong Cha lifted her eyelids. She saw a  familiar face near her but she could have sworn something is amiss. What is Ying Wenxiang doing here? Hong Cha reached for his dark hair, who was she supposed to guard again? She had forgotten. The young man opened his eyes upon feeling her tugging his hair. Mo Ye silently looked at her while Hong Cha was busy fiddling with his hair. She raised her head and smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"We slept last night. Where else should I go?" Mo Ye pulled her closer. He came to notice his hair had turned black. This made his brows furrow. Why so? Mo Ye sat up and opened his hand but no firefly came out or any power he has. He looked down to his wrist and the pattern was gone.

"Is there something wrong?" she can feel his confusion too. Hong Cha looked around the room and remembered this wasn't Ying Wenxiang's room. It was Mo Ye's. She was unable to recognize him since the mark on his face disappeared and his hair turned black. He looked exactly like Ying Wenxiang right now. "Mo Ye, you look bothered."

"Girl Hong Cha." he turned to her in bitterness. Mo Ye's power was gone. But since he touched a mortal, he was really killing himself. Mo Ye only have one heart left. If he destroys it for her, his soul will scatter and he will be divided to seven mortal men. However, he cant go on. He still have to restore the demon kingdom he governs. Mo Ye sighed and looked away. "Say, would you rather stay with me for a short period of time or meet me every lifetime you have?"

"What do you mean?" she frowned. Mo Ye took her hand and placed it on his chest where his heart beats.

"You and I both know we cant be together. I have one heart here reserved for you. If we continue, I can only live for few months. If we stop, I can still take care of you until your last life in the future. What will you risk? No matter what choice you choose, I will agree." he cupped her face to make her look up to him. Mo Ye will risk anything for her, even his immortality. "Once I die, my soul will turn to seven mortals. However, those new me will not remember who they are before. They will live on there own without knowing I was them. Nor will they recognize you too."

"... Mo Ye, is there no other choice?" she frowned. He answered by shaking his head. Hong Cha have a complicated look. "I... I wish to stay here but we should stay apart like you said. You can still recover, right?"

"En. But, Girl Hong Cha, I have to forget you completely. You can stay here. However, only as a servant." Mo Ye smiled faintly. He knew one thing to make him forget. 'In the peach orchard, Feng Jiuzheng tended with the strongest wine. One sip will remove every recollection'. The same wine that made him forget Mi Cha.

"As long as you are fine." Hong Cha never knew his struggle. She can only care for the mission but never her targets. If she gets attached to them so much, it will disrupt her will to transmigrate. Mo Ye leaned down and gently kissed her. With how careful he is, she knew it is the last time they can get intimate again.

Mo Ye left the same day after managing some affairs. Hong Cha was assigned as a new maidservant in the palace, tending a goddess called Fen Tao. She is the most beautiful among the goddesses that are in the palace. Fen Tao is also kind and understanding. Thus, every official thought she will be chosen to be Mo Ye's queen. However, Mo Ye never returned for a few week. This worried everyone. In few days time, he was found in Feng Jiuzheng's orchard. Mo Ye can no longer remember who he was. But thanks to his chancellor, he reminded him he was the king of the Blue Demon Kingdom.

Hong Cha saw him again but only from afar. His hair was still dark and a lock of it has turned white. His red eyes before had turned blue too. She cant recognize him as Mo Ye but Xiao Bai instead. He wore the same nonchalant and clueless face that she adored in the past. The difference is that he is not that puppy Xiao Bai but the composed Demon King Mo Ye.

"Hong Cha." Fen Tao called for her. She had just finished setting the tea for Fen Tao. "Hong Cha, can you wait for the immortal peaches from the West Sky? They will arrive soon. You can take one for yourself too."

"Many thanks, Goddess Fen." she really likes Fen Tao. Hong Cha went off to the palace gate when a white dragon descended the sky and landed in front of her. Her heart thumped to see Mo Ye again. He was holding a basket of the immortal peaches. Upon seeing Hong Cha, Mo Ye lifted a detached smile.

"Eh? You look familiar? Have we met before?" he curiously asked. Hong Cha stepped back in fright. Mo Ye chuckled. "No need to be afraid of me. Im not that scary as they say. I just govern the kingdom strictly."

"Sorry, Your Majesty." she bowed down to apology.

"So, why are you here? I mean, there was no mortal servants here aside from you." Mo Ye felt she is familiar but cant pique where had they met before. Her scent was different from a deity and a demon too.

"I work for Goddess Fen Tao, Your Majesty. Her Highness asked me to wait for the immortal peaches sent to her." saying so, Mo Ye brought the basket closer to her.

"The Queen Mother of the West had given this for Goddess Fen Tao. No wonder you are familiar. You are one of her maids." he now remembered. Mo Ye had noticed her a long time ago since her scent kept taking his attention. However, whenever he focused on the kingdom's affairs, he forgot her. Mo Ye also admits he is interested to her. Maybe because she is the only mortal here.