Arc 5: A Concubine's Duty (151)

Just reach for her.

She's in front of you, very willing to be claimed by you.

A voice echoed in his head. Bai Fuxi frowned a bit to see her again. She is ever so willing to be his that night but in a blink, another woman is under him.

"Is she gone?" She coldly asked.

Who could be gone?

"Don't kill him!" The next moment, he heard that familiar voice. A voice that had confessed to him time and time again but he ignored her. When he turned, Bai Fuxi saw a blade that penetrated her. Crimson blood dripped on the green lush land, her pretty pink dress dyed scarlet.

Again! It happened again!

This scene keeps tormenting him and once his eyes opened, it would leave behind a strong trace of suffering he can't get rid off. Bai Fuxi woke up once he had the desire to catch her frail figure. He missed the chance to even hold her.

Bai Fuxi was furious but he was dumbfounded to see Hong Cha lying on his chest. He actually felt...nothing. Nothing at all. It's not the same feeling of emptiness whenever he is with Yu Anwei. It was peaceful, satisfying.

"Ehmm..." Hong Cha moved and saw Bai Fuxi first thing in the morning. Her heart skipped with their close vicinity. She got off him and was distressed. She's giving herself a problem! "Quick, leave! Divorce me today before the Elder Sister-"

Someone suddenly knocked on the door which made her pause. Hong Cha can't tell who dared to directly enter her residence.

"Sister?" It was Yu Anwei.

Hong Cha wanted to hurry Bai Fuxi but he was only staying on the bed. The door opened and Yu Anwei's smiling face greeted her. However, the instant she saw Bai Fuxi and the scattered clothes, her cheerfulness dissipated.

"Weiwei? Is something wrong?" Hong Cha heard Yu Huang's voice next and he also saw her. His eyes contracted, a sign of disparity so familiar to Hong Cha had flashed from his pupils.

"Anwei, did I agree for you to bring your brother here?" Bai Fuxi coldly asked. Yu Anwei looked at him with a composed posture and bowed.

"Forgive me. I just wanted to surprise the little sister since she loves the elder brother. However, I did not know Husband is with her. I shall retreat." Yu Anwei casted Hong Cha a murderous look before dragging Yu Huang away.

Great. The bitch moved first before her. She had planned to bring Yu Huang and keep their previous feelings flow. But she was the one who got surprised instead.

"Xiao Cha." Hong Cha thought it was over when she heard Bai Fuxi call her name. "Why are you in a hurry for a divorce? Could it be you have a man outside?"

"It's not-"

"If it's like this, I will not hand over a divorce." Bai Fuxi said after putting his clothes on.

"No! You must let me go, Elder Sister had enough!" What had she done? She let her feelings take over her decisions and she can't fail this mission!

Bai Fuxi laughed arrogantly as he leaned on the bedpost. "What? You're now guilty? You must remember you are still Hong Yingcha, the same prostitute who encouraged me further to commit an affair."

"Then what is the use of keeping me here?" She furiously asked. Why can't he see Yu Anwei is hurt? Doesn't he give a care at all?

Bai Fuxi didn't answer. He held back his respond.

"Bai Fuxi! Tell me, why are you keeping me here? Just what am I to you?" She continued. Why can't he answer? Isn't it obvious she is not his legal wife, she's not someone he should cherish so why? He also only felt guilt for her then what is the purpose of caging her?

"You want to know?" He had endured, and she broke his patience. Last night, he is sure, that wasn't 'him'. The one who made love with her is not him and he now understood that night she said he was this 'him' again. "Xiao Cha, never leave me."

Those words were utterly familiar. Last night, he said that.

"Never leave me, I forbid you to." Bai Fuxi have a doubt she was the woman in his dreams. "Not until I confirm you are her."

"Her?" Hong Cha frowned. She have no idea what he means.

"Nian Xiaoyuan." He mentioned. Hong Cha took a step back, disbelief written all over her face. Bai Fuxi's lowered gaze slowly raised to her face. "That name, was it familiar?"

"... No." She calmed herself and lied straightforwardly. Bai Fuxi strode closer to her, entrapping her on the wall.

"You lied, Xiao Cha. You know Nian Xiaoyuan. You can't admit because he disregarded your confessions?" Bai Fuxi locked gazes with her. He searched through her clear eyes, desperately scouring for a change and he did. She is vexed.

"I don't know this Nian Xiaoyuan." Hong Cha answered firmly then Bai Fuxi suddenly took her hand, placing it on his chest as frosty blue streaks started appearing from his pupils.

"No? Then let me tell you, he asks for your attention, for your forgiveness and he desired to be with you. He had regretted how heartless he was. He wished to undo every mistake and love you right. Xiao Cha, remember him." Bai Fuxi can almost beg. She remembered him that night, right? Why does she refuse?

Hong Cha sighed and blinked. Her gaze became cold. "It's the same reason why I want divorce. Because you are Nian Xiaoyuan, right?"

It felt like his heart was stabbed mercilessly. Then why did she... Yesterday night, why...

"You wasted my efforts, didn't you? You used me, just like a prostitute. And I who had been blinded by the dream to gain your attention, did all what could be done! Is my life not enough, Nian Xiaoyuan?"

Hong Cha still can't believe Bai Fuxi and Nian Xiaoyuan are one. Perhaps because she awakened this male god.

"Let me go. Love someone else, my Elder Sister deserves it." She repeated when silence came.

[Host...]

"What?"

[His rank is rising, to Rank SSS.]

"What?!" Hong Cha is sure that is impossible. She learnt that in the academy so how could this happen? "System Wu? System Wu?"

No one answered. Hong Cha was startled upon feeling a cold hand forcing her to look at him. Bai Fuxi's eyes became blue, terrifying and frigid like ice.

"Xiao Cha, don't leave me."