Arc 5: A Concubine's Duty (142)

Yu Huang thought she will not hesitate to agree with what he decided on. The Hong Yingcha he left was eager towards him, she always agree with him and ignore anything else as long as it was his thoughts. Yet, after he returned, he is sure there was something that has changed. And she is now reluctant to live with him. Was this the Hong Yingcha he cared for?

[Host, Yu Huang is doubting you.]

"Ah Huang, like I said, I had burdened you. You worked so hard for years just so you can reach your position right now. Ah Huang, don't give up. You are so close with your goal. I will not like it if I were to be the cause of your failure." Hong Cha persuaded. Aside from Bai Fuxi, Yu Huang became her second headache. If they weren't from different worlds, and if she wasn't here to harness life forces, she will definitely stay with one and never overcomplicate things. But she is a transmigrator, she is forbidden to fall in love with any of these men she will meet. And this body is not hers, she is just borrowing it. "Ah Huang, think this through..."

"Ying'er, Princess Feng is from the royal family. Once I marry her, I cant do what I want, I cant show you open favors because she will surely harm you." Yu Huang knew the consequence of marrying a lady with a powerful background. He took Bai Fuxi for an example. For General Yu's face, Bai Fuxi never married a concubine and kept anything that Yu Anwei disliked, a secret.

"Give me some time." she smiled faintly to assure Yu Huang. He gently touched her cheek and gave Hong Cha a parting kiss. Hong Cha bear with it and knew he will leave tonight as well. Once he parted, Yu Huang hugged her for a while before he left.

Hong Cha looked at the red camellias. She took them, placed every flower in a basket and left them outside her door. That didn't come from Yu Huang, then who?

Bai Fuxi gazed back to the drunk Yu Huang. He was almost asleep on the table filled with wines and treats. Bai Fuxi tapped the closed fan on his chin while pondering, why Yu Huang suddenly asked him for a drink? From what he knows, Yu Huang gets drunk if his mood is terrible.

"Hey, Yu Huang." Bai Fuxi poked Yu Huang's head with the closed fan he holds. Yu Huang hummed in return. "You, upset?"

"Cant... Cant love Ying'er right, hehe..." Yu Huang muttered and tried to sit up in difficulty.

"Hong Yingcha?" Bai Fuxi thought. He sighed from guilt, Yu Huang don't have any idea Hong Yingcha has been serving Bai Fuxi for so long.

"En, my...my Ying'er too, was being courted by a man. That bastard, I'll *hic! Hunt him down!"

Bai Fuxi choked as he turned his head sideways. What will Yu Huang do if he were to know his closest friend courted his love interest? Ai, Bai Fuxi is even unsure if he can handle a fight with this guy. Yu Huang was born in a family of warriors while Bai Fuxi only practices basic martial arts.

Hong Cha felt a warm hand gently caressing her cheek. She looked up to see Gu Zixing next to her. He was focused on the laptop's screen while his hand would rub her head as if lulling her to sleep. She thought this must be one of her fragmented memories again when she heard a familiar beep and voice.

[Beep! The villainess favorability has increased to 90%!]

It was System Wu's voice!

"Oh." Gu Zixing glanced at Hong Cha who feigned her sleep. He retrieved his hand and leaned on the swivel chair, his indifferent gaze never leaving her. "It took me some time to gain this much of her favor because of the male lead, Wu Sheng. It is really difficult to awaken a villainess, much harder than a male lead or the female lead."

[Master, villainess nowadays are revolting and reincarnating. Will it be fine if we, somehow, used this villainess for Miss Red's sake? What if she wakes up? What if she gains a new skill? What if she reincarnates and knows the plot or about Master's ploy?]

"System Yi, you're thinking too much." Gu Zixing smiled faintly. "I had picked her over so many novel characters and stories since she is likely the less data that will gain an awakening. After the favorability increases to a hundred, she will do everything to follow me. But of course, we shouldn't let her live in Earth 1. Red is still there, they must not meet. Especially since Red never likes it when I do shady things for her..."

[Master, Miss Red will not like this. She have sympathies for book characters.]

"Camellia is from a fiction, Red is real." he tucked a few hair strand behind Hong Cha's ear and gently rubbed his thumb on her rosy cheek. "So, Camellia, hurry and complete this with me. Red's life, lies on your hands. She is very important to me and I cant lose her, en?"

Her lashes trembled when a wave of sorrow caused ripples in her heart. Hong Cha opened her eyes to confront him but she woke up in an ancient room. Great heartache overwhelmed her as she thought, was Gu Zixing using her? Did he fake everything just for Red? Why? She thought, she thought his feelings and regrets were real!

[Host, Master Gu is sorry!]

System Wu suddenly defended. Hong Cha's eyes dimmed and a sharp light flashed across her eyes.

"You were conspiring with him from the start, right?" it makes sense for her now, the errors of System Wu in her past transmigrations.

First, Nian Xiaoyuan. System Wu deliberately wanted to make her fail the mission so she could focus on Nian Xiaoyuan since he is the best tool to break the plot. As she planned it through with Nian Xiaoyuan, she came to spend more time with him and she developed a sense of reliance to him.

Second, was Xu Qin Rui. Her patience and understanding developed with him because of his special case. He was the Gu Zixing she was looking for.

Third, Ying Wenxiang. She was able to resist Nian Xiaoyuan and Xu Qin Rui but she came to admire Ying Wenxiang and even gain a passionate desire even if it was wrong.

Fourth, Mo Ye. During her stay with him, she learnt how to be less prideful and apologize ever so sincerely. He was also Gu Zixing who gained her forgiveness.

All the emotions and traits she learnt were helping her move on and forget Gu Zixng's mistakes. System Wu is his accomplice.

"System Wu, good. After this mission, I will have a new system, one that Gu Jiaoyue will make." Hong Cha felt betrayed. All this while, Gu Zixing has been manipulating her again. How can she forgive him if he is like this?

Hong Cha bit her lip to feel her cheeks getting damp from her tears. Before she could calm down, someone knocked on the door outside.