Arc 6: Innocent 'Evil' Hubby (188)

When she thought it was hopeless, a person in black armor and straight posture stood before her. He reached his metal-gloved hand and caught the bullets. Gu Zixing crushed them to specks of dust. Hong Cha flinched when she heard Bai Xiao's horrified scream. She wanted to take a look at what happened but the Gu Zixing suddenly turned to her and locked her in a tight embrace.

"Camellia, I told you don't get yourself in trouble!" He scolded though his tone is still caring. Hong Cha only smiled at him before turning behind.

She froze to see Yin Yehai standing there with his porcelain face stained a bit with red. Bai Xiao had died too easily, and Yin Yehai killed her. The Sin of Gluttony got rid of Bai Xiao's corpse so Hong Cha looked away. She is not used to this brutal world!

"Camellia, are you alright?" Clone Gu Zixing asked in concern. Hong Cha nodded without knowing what to say.

"Let's go." She avoided Yin Yehai's emotionless gaze and thought of leaving already. Yin Yehai made her accomplish her mission in the end. What's her use of staying?

"Camellia." They paused when Yin Yehai called her. He approached Hong Cha and tried to grab her hand but Gu Zixing stopped him.

"Ah, don't fight!" Hong Cha can tell their gazes sparked with anger. "Gu Zixing, go heal Li Sinan. He needs to be cured. Let me talk with Yehai, okay?"

It took a moment for Gu Zixing to silently agree. Once he left, Yin Yehai seized the opportunity to embrace her.

"Yehai, are you not angry?" She was surprised he was eager to hug her. Didn't she say those hurtful things to him?

"No." He shook his head and smiled foolishly at her, just like in the past before his naivety was torn. "I missed you I can't bring myself to hate you. If I hurt you, you will just leave me behind, and I... I'm afraid of being alone. Y-you told me, you..."

Yin Yehai broke into tears. Hong Cha was taken aback. He still looks so young, like a boy in his sixteenth to seventeenth age. With him crying this much, it doesn't look so wrong. Hong Cha helplessly sighed and hugged him.

"You told me I won't be lonely anymore if I reach your home. You said I will be happy here but you're wrong! You lied to me since the start!" Yin Yehai's sold exterior broke and his vulnerable side emerged. He cried in her arms as she coaxed him.

"Yehai, I'm sorry. I will never lie to you again. I just thought..." She smiled lightly and wiped his tears. He looks so adorable her heart aches to see him this weak towards her. "I just thought you will find your ambition if you settle here. Yehai, I'm so sorry I hurt your feelings. I only did that so you won't rely on me anymore and become a man yourself. You're the Demon Clan's only hope. If you can't mature and experience hardship, our expectations will collapse. Now look at you, aren't you happy with how strong you are?"

Yin Yehai shook his head which Hong Cha didn't expect. "I only did this so I can find you. Because I thought, once I become like Hei Shen, you will finally stay with me. I don't care what will others say even if you use me for your gain. Without you, it felt like I was being tormented. There's no one there to scold me when I do something silly. No one next to me to patch up my wounds when I fail. No one is around to motivate me when I feel down. And, there's no one beside me every night I sleep."

"Yehai..." She sighed heavily. Hong Cha wished she could do something to lessen the grief he felt. She can't stay, she's a soul from a different world. This is his world, and she has her own too. "You see, demons have longer lives than mortals or half breeds like me. Consider me as a passerby, someone who can leave you one day. But I promise you, there is surely a person who will stay with you permanently. However, it is not me. You will find her sooner."

"I refuse!" He stubbornly said. "Camellia, I only need you. Nothing else. I do not desire anything other than living with you."

"Alright." She nodded and brimmed a smile. "System Wu, deactivate the update. Make sure Li Sinan is healed though."

[Host, this is not a good idea...]

"Just this time." Hong Cha thought and let Yin Yehai embrace her. He was so happy he can't even speak properly to her. Well, this is the second demon that ever loved her. The first one, sigh... He was so lonely too so she thought she will bear the responsibility if Yin Yehai suffers the same way as Mo Ye.

Extra Part:

Nian Xiaoyuan: Was that...Xu Qin Rui?

Gu Zixing: Sadly...

Nian Xiaoyuan: The f*ck! I was so close to having a happy ending with Xiao Cha but that crazy author is so desperate for pain! Why can't I have a good ending with her?!

Author Nee: I think no reader wants to give a rest to your conscience, Minister Nian.

Xu Qin Rui: Just admit it. Among the four of us, Xiao Cha likes me more!

Gu Zixing: Oh, yeah! You're right because you're so innocent in her eyes.

Nian Xiaoyuan: And yet you're a big pervert in bed (clapped hands with Gu Zixing).

Xu Qin Rui: Well at least I didn't pay for her in bed or forced her this time!

Ying Wenxiang: Uh, pardon me. Don't I deserve justice for being raped by her?

The other three: Faker! You enjoyed it!

Author Nee: (sips on tea and faced Lucifer) So, how bad do you want this arc to end?

Xu Qin Rui: Witch author, don't you dare rob my happy ending!

Author Nee: Psycho, only one of you gets the happy ending. And I know who, hehehe...

Gu Zixing: Ehem!

Author Nee: It should be...

Gu Zixing: Cough!

Author Nee: Has an 'n' on its name...

Gu Zixing: Cough, cough, cough!!!

Author Nee: Can someone give Gu Zixing a break? Go have a quarantine first so I can choose from these three.

Gu Zixing: I'm not sick!

Author Nee: That's what they all said. Now shoo! Let's just reconsider giving your place to... Wu Sheng!

Gu Zixing: I'll stop him. I know where he lives.

Nian Xiaoyuan: Should I bring an army too?

Xu Qin Rui: You guys might need supplies of machine guns and grenades. Count me in.

Author Nee: Abnormal yanderes... At least Ying Wenxiang dear is- puu!!! Ying Wenxiang too! What did you just write?!

Ying Wenxiang: What? It's what they called a petition. In case more readers want to kick out Wu Sheng. They can sign up!

Gu Zixing: He'll just ruin the story.

Nian Xiaoyuan: All Xiao Cha needs is a man good in bed.

Xu Qin Rui: She can't live without her little white moonlight Yin Yehai~.

Ying Wenxiang: Losers. She raped me.

Other three: Can we petition to kick him out?