He Confessed (196)

The drunk Hong Cha was carried by Gu Jiaoyue to their designated hotel. All guests invited have a hotel room reserved for them. He took her key card and swiped it to a sensor. The door opened, leading them to her room. Gu Jiaoyue placed Hong Cha on her bed. She turned around and eyes at him ominously.

"I'm still hungry." She didn't eat at the reception and being drink, she dared complain to him. Gu Jiaoyue sighed helplessly.

"Get changed. I'll order food." He tossed her spare clothes and headed outside her room.

Hong Cha groggily sat up. She untied the ribbon on her neck and the dress fell. While getting it off, the door opened and Gu Jiaoyue froze.

"Gu Jiaoyue!" She threw the dress to his face. He quickly closed the door and shouted his apology.

"I was just going to ask what you want. It was an accident, alright?" He sounded frustrated but his face was beet red. Gu Jiaoyue cursed himself, he can't forget what he saw...

Hong Cha came down after changing her clothes to her pajama. She saw Gu Jiaoyue receiving the meal he ordered. Without a word, Hong Cha slumped on a couch. He placed the tray of meal on the table in front of her.

"Why aren't you eating yet?" He took a seat next to her and asked. She's just staring at the delicacies.

"Do you know? When Brother Sheng left me just for his woman, Gu Zixing found me. I was sick back then. I can't even move." She started reminiscing without meaning too. Hong Cha giggled a bit. "He took care of me and every time I ask why, he just said he likes to help. Then, one night, I saw Brother Sheng dating his fiance. I got furious, you know, jealousy. I fought with her, beat her up, Brother Sheng got angry."

Gu Jiaoyue listened silently. He wanted to comfort her but he doesn't know how. If he were to embrace her, will she like that?

"So, I got drunk. I bought drinks, wasted my night in a bar, and used your brother's money to pay for it. He knows but he didn't say anything. I got hungry but I was drunk. I almost crashed on the counter." Hong Cha laughed, her nose turning sour. Unknowingly, pearly tears strolled down. "Gu Zixing didn't scold me. He helped me sit on the bed, cooked dinner, and fed me patiently. He...he was so kind, so kind I thought he's the man every lady would want to be with. I, I liked him after that night. It was a mistake I fell for his deception."

Hong Cha hastily brushed away her tears. She got confused when Gu Jiaoyue took a bowl and scooped the soup in it. Gu Jiaoyue blew on it gently and placed the spoon closer to her.

"Eat. You're hungry, right?" He curved his lips to an honest warm smile. Hong Cha was silent for a while. In the end, she accepted what he gave. Gu Jiaoyue silently fed her. None of them spoke, her few sobs resounding sometimes. "Am I not kind to you too?"

"Not always." Hong Cha bluntly said. "But you're sympathy for me is true, right? Gu Zixing was only that patient to me because of his other plans."

Gu Jiaoyue handed her a glass of water. He can't stop himself and said, "Then why don't you love me as you did to him?"

Hong Cha paused and lowered the glass. She looked down but after a moment, Hong Cha placed the glass on the table and got closer to Gu Jiaoyue. Without the need to explain, Hong Cha lied down. She rested her head on his lap and closed her eyes.

"I don't know. I must be afraid that I can't feel it anymore. You see, I met these male gods, they have something in common. There is this Nian Xiaoyuan, he's a playboy. He is very deceptive that even he created delusions for himself just to protect his heart from love's ugly side. Then, Xu Qin Rui. He's a psycho, but he's straightforward and vile, just like Nian Xiaoyuan's insidiousness. He also doesn't acknowledge love. Lastly, Ying Wenxiang. He is very gentle, I like him in secret. He just reminds me of Gu Zixing. But guess what? He doesn't believe in love too. Poor widower..."

As he listened further, he felt his heart being stabbed. Those three men she mentioned, are all Gu Zixing.

"For the real male gods, there is Mo Ye, Bai Fuxi, and Yin Yehai. Mo Ye is good. He knows his limit sometimes but he can be a bit too much as well. In the end, he let go of me but he wanted to wait for me. So, to not break his heart, I gave him a little white lie that I will come back. I never returned." Hong Cha turned a bit and looked up to Gu Jiaoyue, a faint smile formed on her face. "The one I loved the most, Bai Fuxi. He knows his wrong and learns from it. He was Nian Xiaoyuan in his past life. So, he must have formed this trait of realizing his mistakes and making things right. He took me in as his concubine. But, he started loving his main wife whom he neglected in the past. And, I realized it's my turn to let go of the person I love. I let him be, pushed him back to his wife but I was blinded again. I stole him, I was so fickle, right?"

"What about Yin Yehai? You stayed with him for so long. You even married him." Gu Jiaoyue faintly asked and gently stroked her head.

"Yehai? He's lovely. I like him a bit, but I stopped myself from falling for him. Falling in love thrice is already foolish so I didn't go for a fourth one. He's very much like Mo Ye, the one I abandoned for thousands of years. I don't want Yehai to be as hopeless as him so I stayed. He's so happy about our wedding. He kept the celebration for ten days straight and flaunted me as the best wife ever." A little laugh escaped her lips. Hong Cha sighed and locked gazes with Gu Jiaoyue. "From the six of them, I learned a lot. Love is not for everyone. And if I fall in love for the fourth time, I'll just jump on a tall building. Love, heh. It failed me for three consecutive turns."