Arc 5: A Concubine's Duty (141)

Bai Fuxi knew but his interaction with Yu Anwei recently was barely called harmonious. Yet, after that night he saw her crying, he could rarely hear from his shadow guards that she is meeting with Yu Yaochuan. Of course, Bai Fuxi wouldn't care if she is having an affair with another man, its just that his reputation is also important that is why he was helping Yu Anwei keep her adultery in the shadows. He was doing her a favor without complaining to General Yu but her father is holding grudge to him, not knowing Bai Fuxi was doing something very important. He'd rather divorce Yu Anwei if General Yu keeps being nosy in their matrimony then.

"My wife has another man, I also have another woman." Bai Fuxi raised his hooded gaze to Hong Cha, a charming smile plastered on his face.

"Im sorry Minister Bai but I do not like insatiable perverts." Hong Cha thought to herself, knowing what Bai Fuxi is trying to imply. "Where is the wife then?"

"In the manor." he shifted his attention to the arranged bouquets and found a red camellia casted aside. For him, it was beautiful and its color was passionate. Bai Fuxi picked it. "I want this one."

"Good choice! Red is common for love, and passion." Hong Cha brimmed a bright smile as if urging him to buy more. "There are more red flowers here but the one for your wife should be a pink camellia which is a symbol of 'I long for you'."

"Xiao Cha, its not for my wife."

"For yourself...?" she blinked when Bai Fuxi face-palmed.

"For you, alright? You suddenly left the brothel and learnt that Yu Huang bought you. Xiao Cha, I-"

"Minister Bai, I came from a brothel. It will be ridiculous if people were to know you fancy me. You are also married to a beautiful young miss with a powerful background, why do you want to throw this opportunity away for one dirty woman like me? Please see if your wife is even warm or welcoming to you. If not then mend that relationship with her and then you'll know how important she is. She must have looked for another man because you cant fulfill your part as the husband. Shame on you!" Hong Cha glared and closed the stall, not minding the flowers she left outside. What a big problem Bai Fuxi is! If she cant fix their marriage then she will have to create a plan B to save him from Yu Anwei. Why is he so persistent to her? She's just a used dirty woman who bedded men for money, cant he see that? Or does he live in cats and rainbows that she thought of her as a kitty?

"What an explosive cat temper." Bai Fuxi muttered, slightly disappointed because of her blunt rejection. But she is right. She can also harm his reputation yet why doesn't he care?

"Brother Bai, having troubles with women?" Zhao Quai popped out behind him with a grin. "You taught me flowers can charm a woman, why don't you do that too?"

Hong Cha opened the stall the next day to find a small bouquet of pink camellias there, her name elegantly written on a tag. The cleaned stems were tied in a red silk but the message was clear. Someone is missing her. She looked around but there are only shopkeepers with her. Who could have left it? Either way, she likes camellias, specially red ones but the pink camellia is making her blush in embarrassment. Was it Yu Huang? Lets just not hope it was not that troubling male god.

"She took it! Look at that smile, Brother Bai!" Zhao Quai pointed as they hid behind a robust tree.

"Lovely." Bai Fuxi's lips rose to a faint arc. Every time she smiles, it was prettier than any blossoming flowers. He want her back but the situation is complicated.

Another day had passed without seeing Bai Fuxi, she received another stack of pink camellia. Hong Cha accepted it again. In the next days, from pink camellias, it turned to red. She was more delighted. Yu Huang is really good, he never forgets!

While Hong Cha was arranging the new camellias given to her, she heard a knock on the door of her house. Hong Cha placed them in a vase before going to the door to open it.

"Ah Huang!" she didn't expect Yu Huang would visit her. Getting close to him will lead her to meeting Yu Anwei and then she could have a better path ahead her plan.

"Ying'er, you're doing well?" Yu Huang pinched her nose and received a coquettish glare. No matter what she does, she seemed to be a succubus daring any men to be beastly. His throat dried but he controlled his urges strictly.

"Mhmm. Thanks for the flowers you were giving me." Hong Cha pulled him to the house. There were many vases with pink and red camellias. "Though, it was too much, I like them."

"I didn't send any flowers..." Yu Huang looked at her suspiciously. Hong Cha was stunned.

"Then who did?" does she have a stalker?!

"Nevermind." he sent an inauspicious glare to each blooming camellia in the room. Who would dare court his woman? "Ying'er, I..."

"Yes?" Hong Cha waited for him to continue but she came to notice his reluctance to speak.

"Lets elope." he suddenly said, completely shocking her.

Elope?! What for? Why?

"A-Ah Huang, this is too sudden, why?"

"Ying'er." Yu Huang embraced her with his heart feeling complicated. "My father wants me to marry the king's cousin, Princess Feng. He knows where you are and he doesn't like the way I helped you. He wants us to be separated. So, let us elope."

If this was Hong Yingcha, she would definitely agree but this is Hong Cha,

"Ah Huang... It is fine if I cant be your first wife. Just promise me we can marry one day and that you'll cherish me." Hong Cha pitied Yu Huang. He could give up everything for a woman like her, but she is not the woman he loves, that was Hong Yingcha whose heart is also vicious.