Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (120)

[Host, you're very lucky, ah.]

"Lucky? I was almost killed!" Hong Cha loathed and plopped on the ground. The grasses below her feet are already green lush instead of the previous snow-covered leaves. Her heart cant stop beating wildly after seeing her current memories flashing in her head. She let her guard down to a male god. System Wu and Gu Jiaoyue had warned her before regarding the difference of a male lead and a male god. Male leads have milder tempers and easy to cope with while male gods are more alive but difficult to understand since there are no books that can explain their existences. She have no book or references regarding Mo Ye's true personality or how to predict his train of thoughts.

[Host, you really are lucky. There are only few transmigrators who escaped a male god's wrath and you are one of them. They can be counted by two hands at most. A male god can even hurt his female mate which raiders are trying to prevent. If a male god hurts his female mate, he is undoubtedly becoming an evil male god. Thus, raiders are there to make sure a male god yearns for his female mate. As for transmigrators, they make sure a male god lives longer and help a world prosper. But Host, Mo Ye have no female mate. He is a very special male god and if Host becomes his female mate, then it will really be danger for everyone in this world. So, Host should be more careful next time.]

"Just because he is Rank SSS..." Hong Cha heaved a sigh after feeling safe. She lowered her guard on a male god with such rank. Maybe because he was kind to her? Because he looks exactly like Ying Wenxiang? Or because she underestimated his own freewill? She doesn't know. Probably all those factors are the reason she got herself into trouble with the male god.

Hong Cha returned to Jie Zhang's manor and bid her farewell so she can return to Jianghu but she was met with another problem. Jie Zhang was in big trouble. His cultivation became unstable, a terrifying black aura exuded from his body as he painfully knelt down while gripping unto his head. He was grunting in agony, screaming from time to time. The healers cant even help him recover. Even they are afraid to touch him because of his murderous intent.

"Brother Shangguan!" Hong Cha was startled to see the messy room covered in ice. What happened? She received a look of warning from the healers not to touch Jie Zhang but she bravely went forward. "System, any artifact he can use?"

[Sorry Host but the artifacts here are restricted for saving male gods.]

"Let me try." she searched through Liu Hong Cha's memories and found out what is wrong with Jie Zhang. There is too much dark energy coming from him but why? Main sources of it were unrefined energies, demons and darkness. This made her remember Mo Ye's look of contempt. Did he harm Jie Zhang? Hong Cha gritted her teeth and brought out the yang essence left. She approached Jie Zhang but he wont even look at her.

"Lady Liu, no!" the healers were terrified once Jie Zhang saw her. The doors and windows locked and only Hong Cha was left with Jie Zhang. His eyes were hollowed black as if possessed. The dark aura became a unified shadow that aimed for the yang essence. Hong Cha have no choice but to take it in her mouth and threw the vial. The dark aura followed it to destroy the vial, thinking the yang essence is in it.

Hong Cha was really out of option. She abruptly knelt in front of Jie Zhang and kissed him. Jie Zhang froze to feel her warmth and the yang essence she transferred. The pain subsided, his eyes returned to normal as he closed them. He embraced Hong Cha with their kiss deepening. She moved away first after knowing he had recovered.

"Brother Shangguan, what's wrong? What happened to you? And your room..." upon mentioning this, they looked around. It was completely covered in ice. They turned to each other again. Hong Cha let go of him. Her eyes rounded a bit. "Y-your hair..."

Jie Zhang glanced at his hair to see it was turning white. His brows knitted in confusion. A while ago, he suddenly felt extreme pain all over his body and he have a strong desire to kill. However, he stopped himself since he reconsidered that Hong Cha must be in the manor.

"Guh!" Jie Zhang turned away and vomited dark red blood, a proof he was poisoned. His youthful appearance became matured quick. Hong Cha was stunned. What is happening? Jie Zhang can see his reflection from the icy floor. His previous teenage appearance was no longer there. He wiped the blood off his lips and felt bitter. "Lady Liu, the medicine isn't working. The first time you cured me was sixty years ago. It kept my physique the same over the six decades. However, its now my time to grow old with its effect gone. In no time, I will die as an old man."

"Don't joke around!" she unhappily slapped his shoulder. Jie Zhang just smiled in mockery for himself. "What could have gone wrong? I, I took the three materials you lack."

"And where did Lady Liu exactly took the dragon's blood?" he asked weakly. Hong Cha became silent. It was Mo Ye's. "Ah, so long had I waited yet we are not destined to be together. I will soon perish."

"Is there really no other way?" Hong Cha lowered her gaze. 'Shangguan Yuan' has been her host's favorite. Even though he disdained her when she was raped, she still hoped Shangguan Yuan will pity her and return. There was no grudge left once Liu Hong Cha took her life. Her last wish was to see him or have another peaceful lifetime with him. Should she...should she fulfill it for Liu Hong Cha?