Arc 6: Innocent 'Evil' Hubby (169)

The Red Court has more demons than expected. Da Yu is satisfied some survived and continued living in the secret realm the Great Demon King made up. It was a backup plan since they knew the human race and other existences will see his son as a threat. So, he created a small realm as the evacuation for the Demon Clan in each court. Yin Yehai's presence is a problem for the righteous forces. His father is a big tyrant who is difficult to force to a peace treaty. What's more, if the next ruler of the Demon Clan becomes Yin Yehai? A pureblood demon with Seven Deadly Sins?

The demon lord in charge of the Red Court is a direct descendant of the previous ruler. He is known for being strict and cold. This trait of his made the other six demon lords follow his words. But of course, he is loyal to the royal blood. And he despises half breeds. Hong Cha recalled the original soul was thrown out of the Red Court when the demon lord discovered she is no pure blood. The original soul foolishly made a bet with him that she will find the Great Demon King's son. In exchange for the success, half breeds could enter the Seven Courts.

It was because the Demon Clan in the outside world that the human race enslaved were all half breeds.

What made Hong Cha sigh is that the demon lord treated her so well before. That was when he didn't know she is not a true demon. He hated her the same way he hated humans. Thus, his affection became wrath. Either way, Hong Cha doesn't need to focus on that demon lord. She has Yin Yehai to protect.

"Oh. You're back." Once their group reached a hall of the ministry, a chilling deep voice said. Fire lit up from every torch in the ministry and revealed the demon lord by the throne. His hair was red and long, his robe a bit loose and his eyes were crimson. There is a pair of sharp horns on his forehead which added to his dominant aura. Compared to Yin Yehai, he was more demeaning and mature.

"As I said, he's here." Hong Cha stepped to the side to show Yin Yehai. The demon lord, Hei Shen; spared Yin Yehai a lazy glance.

Yin Yehai was unusually calm. This made Hei Shen narrow his eyes and stand up. "Cha'er, come over here."

"What is he up to?" Hong Cha is vigilant against Hei Shen. He doesn't usually call the previous soul Cha'er ever since he discovered her true identity. Still, this is his turf so she has to follow. Hong Cha stepped forward then a force brought her to his arms.

"Hong Cha!" Yin Yehai's heart thumped. Another extreme discomfort filled his heart and his anger surged. "Let go of her."

Hei Shen smiled lightly. There was a sudden burst of power around them, even he was suppressed. He let go of Hong Cha after confirming his guess.

"As I see it, you only have two Sins at hand. You need guidance." Hei Shen is sure this is the next ruler in line. "Control your wrath. If you can't calm down, Hong Cha will die."

Yin Yehai stopped his unending glares and his anger dissipated upon thinking of Hong Cha. Her complexion was pale and she is looking at him with concerns. She had explained it to him before. He has Seven Deadly Sins which are all-powerful but harmful. If he can't control his emotions well then he might steal lives aimlessly.

"Hong Cha..." His eyes watered and he was sorry. How could he forget! He should protect her, not kill her!

"Ah, Yehai, it's fine, cough!" Hong Cha thought she will die there. It was good Hei Shen calmed him down.

"You." Hei Shen turned to Da Yu who sat on Yin Yehai's shoulder. "The Green Court needs assistance. I can guard him here."

"Humph. I'm not leaving him alone." Da Yu crossed his arms but then, he felt a formidable presence from Hei Shen. "Alright! I will leave but can Hong Cha watch over Yehai?"

"Mn." Hei Shen murmured his assent. Da Yu bid his farewell and left the Red Court. But then, Hei Shen curled his lips. "Little fairy, take care of Yin Yehai. Hong Cha has something else to do today."

"But! You agreed Hong Cha should be with me!" Yin Yehai wanted to be angry however, he worries for Hong Cha's sake.

"Your Highness, we are demons, not righteous warriors. Most of the time, we don't honor our words." Hei Shen taught him a lesson and vanished with Hong Cha. Yin Yehai was infuriated but he can't do anything.

"Ah Ye, I'm sure Miss Hong Cha will come back. Y-you don't hate me, do you?" Bai Xiao asked nervously. Yin Yehai is honest so he shook his head.

"Why are you so harsh with him?" Hong Cha asked in annoyance. They arrived in his residence where the previous soul used to love sneaking at. The demon lord did have a relationship with the previous soul. He doted on her even if they didn't marry yet but he promised. It was only broken since she is partially human.

"Yin Yehai should grow up." Hei Shen responded and stopped by a pavilion. "As I see it, he is still too innocent to be one of us. The Great Demon King will surely be disappointed if he sees how low his son is. So, on His Majesty's behalf, I will teach him the ways of a conqueror."

"You scum, you're turning my puppy to be a wolf-like you?" Hong Cha thought. She wouldn't let that happen. "I can train him myself."

"You?" Hei Shen laughed arrogantly and pulled Hong Cha to his lap. "Are you attached to him?"

"I am obliged to protect him." She coldly said. Hei Shen is another stepping stone for Yin Yehai but he's also a danger for Hong Cha. She must break free from the previous soul's issue and keep a distance from Hei Shen.

"Well, you'll be his servant. And since you won the bet, you can have your father's mansion again. However, Yin Yehai should live there. Lastly, don't you dare seduce him." His gaze went sharp and dangerous. Hong Cha was calm outside but already crying in her heart.

Should she regret she chose this mission?