Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (119)

Hong Cha thought he will follow her until Jie Zhang's manor but luckily, an envoy from the upper realm found him. Mo Ye bid his farewell with a cheerful mood. This undoubtedly surprised the envoy. Hong Cha rushed to Jie Zhang's manor in her fastest speed. She cant waste no time. Mo Ye had just arrived back in his palace with his expression back to coldness. Mi Cha was looking for him in urgent.

"She's not?" Mi Cha became confused. She is searching for her daughter but Mi Liang was not in any skies. Thus, she thought Mi Liang must have entered the demon realm.

"Why not look for her in the mortal world? I heard your daughter loves to play there and even met a human she labeled as her friend." Mo Ye cant help but raise a brow. Mi Cha is such a careless mother. She doesn't know her daughter's habits! "You don't know this?"

"I, I don't. I was too busy dealing with the seventh sky." she felt bad for not looking after Mi Liang properly. "What should I do? There are still too many things to consider in the seventh sky. My husband went East, I cant disturb him."

"I'll go look for the Little Highness." Mo Ye suddenly suggested. He now have an excuse to visit Hong Cha! Well, who knew if a day had passed since he stayed in the upper realm for a couple of minutes already.

"Tsk, he waited for her." Mi Liang was watching them from afar. Hong Cha attended Jie Zhang and handed him the medicine she made. Mi Liang felt a chill when a shadow casted over her.

"Little Highness, your mother was looking for you. What are you doing here?" Mo Ye cant tell why Mi Liang was lying on the rooftop. He copied her posture and his sight leveled with the window from a bedroom. All he sees is a weak young man. Is this Mi Liang's friend? Isn't he Shangguan Yuan? Just then, his heart thump to see Hong Cha sitting on the bedside. She took out a familiar vial and opened it. Hong Cha dropped few bloods on the medicine and handed it to Jie Zhang again.

"He's cured! But whose dragon blood is that?" Mi Liang muttered. She remembered the vial she gave him was white, not red.

"Cured?" he turned to Mi Liang, a bit confused. Mi Liang covered her mouth abruptly but a scheme popped in her mind.

"Uhm... Shangguan Yuan has been sick. He needs three important materials to cure himself. Yang essence, Liansheng flower and dragon's blood. I was worried for him but he didn't need my help because he is waiting for that Liu Hong Cha. She promised to cure him. I just don't know where she got those three materials when she doesn't even have any cultivation." the young girl mixed lies and truths together, igniting the fury that has been forgotten. Mo Ye calmed himself and touched her forehead with his fingertip.

"Little Highness, lets go." Mo Ye said and in a blink, they returned to the seventh sky's palace. Mi Liang hopped towards her residence but she paused.

"Demon Ye, mortals are really deceitful, right? I've been friends with Shangguan Yuan for six decades already but he was just using my background to gain his interests. Hopefully, no other mortals are like him." she provoked him indirectly. Mi Liang left before Mo Ye can ask more. He furrowed his brows and contemplated.

Rain pitter-pattered above the tiled roofs of Jin. Hong Cha was picking normal herbs from the forest with a straw hat covering her head. She burrowed some trousers from Jie Zhang to keep her skirt from being muddy. Liu Hong Cha have habits of collecting herbs so Hong Cha cant stop herself from doing this too. She came to notice fireflies started appearing around her though the sun was just setting down. Hong Cha picked a herb and stood up. She turned around but was caught off guard to see a familiar figure.

Mo Ye was facing her with the glowing fireflies scattering from his direction. He looked less cheerful than when they last met. Hong Cha blinked, brimmed a smile and strode towards him. His hair became full white again, reminding her that his demeanor had returned to that detached demon.

"Were you looking for me?" she started first. Mo Ye gave her a meaningful look. Hong Cha felt a sense of danger after receiving his silence. "Mo Ye? Are you-"

"You lied." Mo Ye shortly said. Those two words made her recall she deceived him for Jie Zhang's sake. Hong Cha's stupefied face made the ripples in his heart be stirred over and over. He doesn't like this feeling nor can he define what is was. He just knew he is unhappy. "You lied to me. Were you just using me for Shangguan Yuan?"

"... Yes. But if I told you I was gathering those materials for him, will you help me?" Hong Cha asked calmly to counter his accusation. She never knew the consequences of angering a male god since she was used to his good side. Eventually, she never got ready to what is coming. Mo Ye took a step forward. A dusty light of blue spreads across the ground and made everything covered with frost. Hong Cha furrowed her brows in discomfort. She looked down to see her hands covered in frost too.

"Naturally. I never wanted to have anything to do with Shangguan Yuan so why will I lend a hand when it was all for him?" Mo Ye took another step. Another wave of blue dusts went forth. The forests became covered with ice and snow. Hong Cha felt herself getting numb. Her face becoming pale and her clothes covered with more frost. She felt so cold. Mo Ye lifted her chin lightly to make her look up to him. "Was it worth deceiving me? Was I too kind? Or were you just too cunning?"

"M-Mo Ye, Im sorry." she have no choice but lower her pride again. Hong Cha can die here if she won't appease his grudge.

He let her go and wiped the frosts covering her cheeks. It is starting to reach her eyes and her lashes are already trembling. Mo Ye leaned down, pressing their lips as the elements of ice and snow gathered back to him. When Hong Cha lifted her eyes, he is gone. She touched her warm lip subconsciously. Maybe, that is the last time he can forgive her. No wonder transmigrators fear male gods, they can be merciless even if the transmigrator caught their attention.