Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (105)

A small white snake curled itself on the space of the bed next to a girl's sleeping figure. The snake raised its head and looked up to her unmoving body. Mo Ye returned to his human form. He sat up and folded his sleeve. There was a red pattern on his wrist. This is his problem. He cant have his whole strength back if he cant break the spell. Mo Ye remembered how he got it. His lips hooked up to a cold grin. It was clear how he got here. That woman, she forsook him and banished him in this mortal realm.

"She dared to abandon me just like that... Great, just great." his red eyes glimmered as he looked at Hong Cha. The only way to break the spell is to forget his intense emotions for that woman. The emotion he only knew is anger. Nothing else. After all he had gone through just for her, he was forgotten that easily but he cant let go of her. How can he forget her? The woman who made him sinful enough to be punished in the depth of hell? She made him a devil among demons and then after he tried his best to return to her side, she used her position as a goddess and had him leave the upper realm! "Hateful."

"Xiao Bai?" Hong Cha's eyelashes fluttered. She heard him mutter something but she cant understand what it was. Her eyelids drooped again as she turned to face him. "Xiao Bai, don't stay up so late. Tomorrow is going to be busy."

He didn't bother to nod or hum an answer. Mo Ye lied down while looking upwards. Hong Cha snored and suddenly placed her hand on his abdomen. This made him flinch. He turned to her but she is deeply immersed in her dream. A faint smile forming on her face.

"Ying... Ying Wenxiang, hug me." she muttered whilst asleep. "Hug me."

"Ying Wenxiang?" he blinked. It must be someone she knows? Mo Ye heard her repeat again. Hesitantly, he placed his hand on her waist. Hong Cha hummed in satisfaction. Though Mo Ye was ashamed to admit, it was his first time stuck close to a girl like this. As for the woman he loves, he cant remember anything else than those mere moments he recalled. Mo Ye lowered his hand to her back till he is already embracing her. His heart thumped loudly. What is this familiar feeling? It was like he had held her before, and there was something disturbing his heart.

Hong Cha yawned the next day. She smells a fragrant scent coming from the lower floor. Someone is cooking? This early? Hong Cha rubbed her eyes and went downstairs. Her sleepiness vanished upon seeing Mo Ye cooking. Not just one Mo Ye, there were three of them running around the kitchen, busily doing their own chores. Hong Cha wanted to speak but she choked. A hand tapped her shoulder. She looked back to see the fourth Mo Ye. What the... Is she dreaming?!

"Master, close your mouth." Mo Ye lifted her chin. Hong Cha shook her head when she saw countless Mo Ye by the clinic. Another Mo Ye outside, another Mo Ye tending the herbs and more Mo Ye!

"I must be dreaming..." she muttered under her breath and tapped her cheeks. Hong Cha stretched her arm to Mo Ye. "Pinch me, quick."

"Alright...?" Mo Ye pinched her arm. Hong Cha hissed and rubbed the reddened part which he pinched.

"Ow! Wu, it hurts!" Hong Cha is definitely not dreaming. Mo Ye held her wrist and tapped the red bruise with his fingertip. The itching vanished quick.

"Master, those were my clones." he explained shortly and snapped his fingers. The Mo Ye around them became red petals before completely disappearing. Mo Ye hid a smile to see her dumbfounded face. Mortals, they are ignorant about a deity's capability. "Master, there are some patients coming over. About half an hour, they will be here. Hurry and come eat first."

"Oh, okay." she tried to recover from her shock. Mo Ye is really a male god! Fortunately, she is his 'master'.

The rest of the day was busy until the end of the week. A lot of people, mortals or cultivators wanted to be cured by her. On a certain day, Hong Cha viewed the yang essence she was keeping. Dragon's blood, huh. She turned to look at Mo Ye who was attending the final patient. With his power, he can cure anyone easily, even more effective than Liu Hong Cha's. After the clinic closed, Hong Cha entered the kitchen. Mo Ye was again preparing everything.

"Xiao Bai? Can I ask you something?" she started and took a seat. Mo Ye formed a clone to tend his tasks so he can focus on Hong Cha. "Xiao Bai, you know Brother Shangguan, right?"

"Hm? The man last week?" Mo Ye knew him. Something is off about Shangguan Yuan though. When Mo Ye first saw him, he doesn't like to get close to Shangguan Yuan.

"Yes. I want to restore his body to a normal man's physique. He have a weak body and I am worried for him though. There are three things he doesn't have which I need to create a long-lasting medicine for his condition. One, the pure yang essence which we now have. Two, a Liansheng flower. Only the emperor of Jin have it. Lastly, dragon's blood." she lowered her gaze and fiddled with her hand. Hong Cha just felt like he was sizing her up.

"Master needs my blood?" he directly asked. Hong Cha nodded slowly. Well, his blood is not ordinary. He is not an earth-bound spirit too. Since he is a deity of the demon clan, a single drop of his blood has countless benefits. Including strengthening a mortal, enhancing their senses and purifying their body. Mo Ye looked at her again. She seems serious. He created a knife made of red ice and a red vial.

"I just need few. No need to cut your hand." Hong Cha quickly took the knife. Is he insane to hurt himself? Her dog, no, her dragon or snake is too loyal.