Arc 5: A Concubine's Duty (132)

It was really Yu Anwei. What could she be doing here, posing as a young master? She raised her head to meet Hong Cha's gaze. There was a stalemate before Hong Cha lifted a smile. It was rare for Hong Yingcha to smile but if she does, that means she is willing to serve a customer. With her smile, no other courtesan dares to get close to Yu Anwei. Hong Cha didn't say a word and licked her lip, indicating her intention to stay with Yu Anwei in a single room. She is interested as to why would Yu Anwei get here. Perhaps because she knew her husband was cheating on her from this brothel?

"Hello, young master~." Hong Cha went down the stairs to greet Yu Anwei while pretending she doesn't recognize the other girl. Yu Anwei's eyes darkened a bit. "Is the young master here to play? No worries, I can offer you a free accompaniment. You're quite a pretty boy as if a beauty dressed like a man, hihi."

"No need. I only came here to meet with someone." Yu Anwei declined and turned her back. Her refusal of the service caused an uproar in silence. After all, Hong Yingcha is known for being picky. It was her first time being rejected which delivers a great blow to her identity.

"Oh, so she wants to ruin Hong Yingcha's popularity." Hong Cha immediately saw through Yu Anwei's scheme. She sighed in sadness and left too. A look of mockery were thrown to her by the other courtesans. Hong Cha wouldn't care if her popularity decreased but it will definitely affect her. There is a chance she can no longer be picky and she will be forced to serve men even if she doesn't want to. Hong Cha paused to see another familiar man. Aiya! Isn't this Yu Anwei's cousin?!

Yu Anwei's cousin is a physician, the gentlemanly type of guy too. He passed through Hong Cha and went to Yu Anwei's direction. Really, they have to talk in this brothel?! Is there no other place for them to negotiate?

[Does Host wish to listen to their conversation?]

"Oh, sure!" she returned to her room and started painting. Hong Yingcha's favorite hobby is to paint; paint several amorous Yu Huang. However, since Hong Cha took over, she casted aside Yu Huang's paintings and created new ones. She already finished painting Nian Xiaoyuan and Lin Siji yesterday. Today, she finished Lin Xingjin, Xu Qin Rui and Lou Fenbing. Ying Wenxiang's portrait is still beginning.

[Eavesdropping Skill, unlocked.]

"What will you use this drug for?" a man's voice asked in Hong Cha's head. She assumed it was Yu Anwei's cousin, Yu Yaochuan.

"Brother Huang is returning and I heard from Father he will get engaged with a princess, the boy king's aunt. I wish to ruin that woman for taking Bai Fuxi from me. With this drug, she will unable to stop her desire. Brother Huang has been treating that slut amiably. What if he sees her becoming a cheap whore under another man? Or, if she tries to seduce him with how loose she is?" Yu Anwei can almost laugh from her tone. Hong Cha stopped painting and focused on what they are saying.

"Weiwei, you cant harm Senior Huang." Yu Yaochuan said in disagreement.

"I know, but he will not get affected since Bai Fuxi is still on our side. He doesn't know our secret. But once he does, he will be on the verge of desperation."

"... Weiwei, look at me." her cousin said in a soft tone. Hong Cha raised a brow with her smile playful, what a sweet guy. "We can just elope. You don't have to go this far, alright?"

"No!" she angrily answered. "They deserve this, Chuan. Its fine if you wont support me."

"I just worry for you." he affectionately said. The skill was turned off since there was nothing else to hear.

"This vengeful soul, she is really bent on revenge. If only Bai Fuxi loved her..." Hong Cha though when an idea came in her mind. "I know! I will play as a matchmaker!"

The root of this problem is Bai Fuxi's heartlessness. He had never loved anyone, nor Hong Yingcha or Yu Anwei. They are just tools for his own goals. But what if he sees Yu Anwei as more than a tool? However, how can she make them fall in love and appease Yu Anwei?

In no time, Yu Anwei and Yu Yaochuan had left. Bai Fuxi had seen them leave. He was leaning on a lamppost with his face covered by a half mask.  His clothes were different from his usual yellow ones. Instead, he wore a black garment that Yu Anwei never knew he has. After all, she is his wife. She learnt of his hobbies and favorites just to please him in the past. In a sudden, she changed and became cold. He let her be since she must have realized he is not into her. However, when he sent shadow guards to find her, they were all shunned away by other guards following her.

"What did she do this time?" he thought in curiousness. Bai Fuxi shrugged his shoulder and leaned off the post. Something is off with his wife. She have someone backing her up. It cant be General Yu or Yu Huang too. They made it clear once Yu Anwei entered his household, they will not meddle with them. A married daughter like they said is like a water spilled from the bucket. Bai Fuxi will not believe Yu Yaochuan have enough resources to raise shadow guards. It should be someone else.

"Sister Hong?" a lady knocked on the door. Hong Cha stopped painting since it was already finished. She opened the door to see Hong Yingcha's only trusted friend, Lin Susu. Lin Susu have the same age as Hong Yingcha but she is the common type of courtesan in the brothel. She have less customer but with Hong Yingcha's help, she was able to serve enough men so the Madame wouldn't punish her. Lin Susu held Hong Cha's arm and smiled cheekily. "Sister Hong, guess what? A new young master asked for your service. He just shoved a golden ingot to the Madame and it was just for a night!"

"New?" Hong Cha immediately thought of Yu Huang. He came back so soon?