Entangled Heartstrings (158)

"What are you thinking about?" Gu Zixing asked and sat up. He noticed how silent and serious Gu Jiayue is all this time.

"Zixing, how is life here?" Gu Jiaoyue kept his gaze at the starry sky they were viewing a while ago. He visited Gu Zixing again even if against their parents' will.

"Well... Fine, I guess. The humans here are good to me, so was Miss Red Strauss. You should meet her too. She's very kind." Gu Zixing smiled as encouragement when Gu Jiaoyue scoffed.

"Red Strauss?!" Gu Jiaoyue sat up in shock and looked at his brother who got confused. "Y-you met her? Isn't she that- that popular girl, from S-25? How?! Brother, tell me!"

"Oh, you're interested at her in a sudden, haha. You have a crush on her!" he teased as Gu Jiaoyue's face went beet red. Gu Zixing laughed and patted Gu Jiaoyue's back. "Don't worry. I'll ask her out tomorrow so we could meet. You should come, that is if they...allow you to. You know, Father, Mother."

"Why do you keep thinking of them? I can stay here any time I want, Im already sixteen. Besides, this whole galaxy will be yours soon. Im under your protection." Gu Jiaoyue nudged him a bit. Gu Zixing bursted to laughter then the two shoulder embraced with their mischievous grin.

"Jiaoyue, with me here, no one could restrict you."

"Eh, Zixing, with me here, no one could bully you too!"

"Brothers~!"

Gu Jiaoyue get to meet Red that day. He was so flustered he stammered in front of her. Gu Zixing laughed and helped his brother introduce himself properly.

"You two look alike. I cant tell which is which." Red huffed in helplessness.

"Miss Red, Im Jiaoyue." Gu Zixing cheekily said. Red thought so and headed to Gu Jiaoyue instead. What the brothers didn't expect is for her to take out a red letter and show it to Gu Jiaoyue.

"I will be living in Andromeda for five years. Five years to practice actual transmigration, sigh. So, Star, I- I will take this chance to confess." Red raised her voice and lowered her head but Gu Jiaoyue only looked at Gu Zixing. He shrugged as an answer to Gu Jiaoyue.

"I... I'll give this to Zixing." Gu Jiaoyue took the letter, his words shocking Red as he passed it to Gu Zixing.

"Uhm..." Gu Zixing reluctantly took it, knowing his brother was heartbroken.

"That's not funny, Star!" Red was even more embarrassed she ran away with tears.

"Shouldn't you follow her?" Gu Jiaoyue asked in concern but Gu Zixing shook his head.

"But you like her." he reasoned out. Gu Zixing tossed the love letter. "Jiaoyue, she's going to Andromeda. Aren't you going to follow her?"

Gu Jiaoyue looked at him deeply. Does he care at all? Red confessed but all he did was toss away the love letter....

If it was him, he will cherish it.

"Zixing, you're my brother, and I like Red. Im being a nuisance." he picked the red letter and handed it to Gu Zixing again. "What's wrong with you?"

"Me?" Gu Zixing frowned. Wasn't he paving Gu Jiaoyue's way to Red's heart?

"Forget it. Let us not argue. I'll go back to Andromeda." seeing that Gu Zixing didn't take the letter back, Gu Jiaoyue decided to keep it.

"Jiaoyue! I thought you want to stay here a while longer?" Gu Zixing ran after Gu Jiaoyue but he didn't even spare him a glance.

"I will return, presumably after I stop getting jealous, dull idiot."

"Hey! Who are you calling an idiot?! Jiaoyue! Come back here!" he angrily shouted but Gu Jiaoyue only snorted and vanished for good. Gu Zixing doesn't get it. Gu Jiaoyue is jealous of him? For what? His life? "Gu Jiaoyue! I hate my life!"

Gu Jiaoyue heard that shout before he reached a trasnporting platform. Good to know, he thought, he also hates his life. He wanted to be just like Gu Zixing, someone who have anything anyone desired. As if a child of fate.

******

Gu Jiaoyue remained on the bed and rubbed his face. Most of the time, he just wanted to knock some sense on Gu Zixing or even fight him physically to vent his annoyance. Gu Zixing hates his life? Really? What a joke.

"Gu Jiaoyue?" while he was contemplating, he heard a knock on the door and Hong Cha's voice.

"En?" he quickly hid his face under the pillow, his back facing Hong Cha when she entered. He is too ashamed to face her after what he did yesterday. Moreover, alcohols in this era can only make one sleepy, not impulsive. She must have known that?

"Im going to work now. Breakfast is downstairs. By the way, the update you gave is useful. Thanks." Hong Cha knew he felt awkward to face her. She huffed and turned him over. "Hey, you were so drunk yesterday. I know you didn't do anything on purpose. I also get drunk in the original world I lived at and I act so arrogantly. Don't worry, you were just under he influence of drinks, I forgive you. Now get up and go eat! The food I prepared will get spoiled if you keep being drama queen!"

Gu Jiaoyue blinked, he thought she knew this era's drinks are made not to cause trouble to any consumers. Well, it saved him.

"Don't drink too much next time." Hong Cha smiled and ruffled his already messy hair. Gu Jiaoyue looked unhappy.

"Bah, who cares. Hurry and leave, I can take care of myself." Gu Jiaoyue sounded arrogant but Hong Cha followed as he said and left. The moment the door closed, he can almost slap himself. Why didn't he say goodbye too?

Hong Cha reached her department. She oversaw the male gods in need of help when she saw a Rank A male god rising its rank to SSS. It shocked her and made her curious. But then his rank dropped to C, harmless, weakest. She hesitated for a moment and picked the Rank C male god. Data got stored to her wristband, connecting to System Wu. She is interested of that male god. Why with a dangerous rank, suddenly became so weak? Perhaps it is equal to an immortal becoming a mortal man living a simple common life.