Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (121)

Mo Ye was humming a song he cant remember. He had his eyes closed while leaning on a rock. Somehow, this tune has been disturbing his thoughts ever since he got angry at Hong Cha. It was only a minute ago but a lot of time had passed in the mortal world. Mo Ye took the cup and sipped on the wine. This is just what he wanted for now. Alone in this garden, all by himself contemplating and drinking till he forgets or he tire himself. He poured another batch of strong wine into the cup.

"Drunk river and moon under the shadow of the human face, its like a dream to see you." he finally remembered the start of the song but he soon hummed the next lyrics he forgot. Mo Ye smiled at himself, this song is reminding him of her again. Why does he yearn for a mortal when he have countless goddesses to choose on? He cant understand himself at all! Mo Ye hummed again while looking upwards the sky but he felt a presence within the garden. His gaze swept towards the bridge. A girl was crossing it just to reach his side.

"Mo Ye, you can still drink leisurely?" Hong Cha asked in a cold tone. Mo Ye looked away and continued drinking. His gaze fell on the colorless wine. Hong Cha stopped few steps far from him. "Did you harm Brother Shangguan? The day you left, he fell ill again and he was like possessed by a demon."

"Me?" Mo Ye chuckled. He stood up and faced Hong Cha. His icy blue eyes was sharp which contrasted with his smile. "You deceived me to take my blood. That was my blood, Xiao Cha. It came from me and since I got angry, it turned into a poison with or without my consent. Moreover, I am a demon, he is nothing but a mortal so why should his body get compatible with it?"

"Alright. It was my fault." Hong Cha admitted. She no longer want to keep up a fight with the male god. "I am sorry for deceiving you, Mo Ye. I shouldn't have done that. Since it came to this, I hope you are happy with the result. I will no longer bother you and I will return this. I don't deserve your protection. Nor do I need you to be my guardian."

She took off the clip on her hair and brought out a dragon carving. Mo Ye made the cup disappear. He didn't take the clip or the carving but held her chin to lock their gazes.

"You are sorry? Do you think this is enough? Xiao Cha, you forgot. I am a deity, you are a mortal. Who decides your fate?" he felt unhappy of her words. Though she admitted her wrongs, it was not enough. He wanted to give her a condition she should follow after owing him a favor. "Say, if I give Shangguan Yuan an additional lifespan and I forgive you, will you serve me tonight?"

"I am no prostitute." her brows met in anger. Mo Ye wants to bed her now?

"You are no god either." he whispered next to her ear. Mo Ye followed his urge to be a demon for her, to be bad and possess her. She shouldn't leave him or let anyone else touch her. "Xiao Cha, you came here to remove my anger, right? But how will you do that if you won't even do what I said? I am giving Shangguan Yuan more months to live so why don't you accept it?"

"... Will you really forgive me?" Hong Cha loosened her fists. She cant afford to offend him.

"Why not?" Mo Ye cant tell why he need her. He never knew he can be this demanding towards a girl. She is making him let out his inner demons and never let her choose her own fate. In addition, even if he cant have her, Shangguan Yuan cant either. The mortal world is strict towards women who have no cultivation. If they like a man, they should keep their chastity. But if it is gone, that man wouldn't like her back.

Hong Cha cant understand why Mo Ye wants to sleep with her. It cant be he is attracted to her, right? Impossible, he almost killed her. She didn't say a word, staying nonchalant before holding the bow tying her blouse. With a light tug, it loosened her dress. There was a difference of plain sex from serving a guy. She has to do the work and initiate it rather than him. It was humiliating but it was not like she hadn't stripped in front of a man already. From Nian Xiaoyuan to Mo Ye, she became used to this state.

"She can do this just for Shangguan Yuan?" Mo Ye felt infuriated. He half-heartedly sent a year worth of lifespan to Jie Zhang. That mortal can die afterwards, he can have this girl his bed servant in no time. Mo Ye locked the garden to keep it from other's sight. Hong Cha stopped from undressing when she saw fireflies appearing around them. The garden became more romantic with their lights illuminating in every blossoming tree.

She was stunned once Mo Ye pulled her to him and kissed her feverishly. Her brows furrowed from how forceful he is. Hong Cha opened her eyes after he bit her lip. She didn't expect they will be inside his room again. Mo Ye pressed her down. He swept his gaze over her. She only have her skirt left covering her chest till her small feet. Mo Ye cant wait to expose her but her expressionless face made him hesitant. She seemed to be preoccupied with something. Was she worrying about Shangguan Yuan? Is she thinking of him?

In truth, Hong Cha was thinking about Mo Ye. If they do it again, he might lose his authority once more. Her train of thoughts went back to reality as Mo Ye tore her skirt. Hong Cha just closed her eyes. She doesn't want to utter a complain or it will offend him.