Arc 5: A Concubine's Duty (131)

The second male god she has to protect is Bai Fuxi. He was a Rank A male god with the chance of becoming  Rank S because of his current position at court. The young king have a weak heart and he cant live too long since he also have a disorder. Few ministers are as loyal as Bai Fuxi towards the Zhao Dynasty. He succeeded the previous chancellor and became one of the most powerful minister in Zhao. Bai Fuxi is a workaholic though he is not the usual type of cold aesthetic man. Instead, he flirts with Hong Yingcha whenever he is in a good mood. Regarding Yu Anwei, with their arranged marriage and her innocent personality, he was never moved by her.

Hong Cha finds this troubling. The reason Yu Anwei got reborn is that she wants to avenge herself from the misfortunes she got. First, she will seduce Bai Fuxi and manipulate him. Afterwards, she will scheme at Hong Yingcha. If the other woman suffers then she can leave Bai Fuxi behind and stay with her cousin. Yu Anwei is a certain beauty so she have no problem seducing Bai Fuxi. However, this second male god was destined not to have a female mate so it was unsure if Yu Anwei can succeed. Unless, she used sex to bring out love/lust.

"System, this Yu Anwei, did she get reborn?" she asked while watching other courtesans amuse the lecherous men downstairs. Hong Yingcha have a high position here and the Madame favors her too. Thus, she doesn't need to serve any men if she is not in the mood. After all, a single service of hers is equal to five months of her salary. It was because she is the secret favored woman of Bai Fuxi, she also had a one-night-stand with young generals and marquises. They are generous when she performs well or stays obedient just for a night.

[Apparently, yes, Host. The vengeful soul had started her move on the male god. However, with the male god having no destined female mate, there is a chance she wouldn't succeed. Host's mission as of now is to guard the male god and prevent the vengeful soul from corrupting him. Most male gods who were seduced by vengeful souls and left brokenhearted can go berserk. They can blacken and that sort of male god is a terrible existence. He can bring this world down. Since, a male god's mood is like fate itself.]

"What should I do?" she leaned on the railing, getting bored from seeing too much lasciviousness below her. Hong Cha needs to get used with this environment since she have no way out. Or, she can find a sugar daddy to buy her out and then she could escape him! But, that is too farfetched. Even if she smears her face with ashes, it still cant hide Hong Yingcha's beauty. She sighed in helplessness. Hong Yingcha has been a courtesan ever since she was twelve. She first sold her body when she was sixteen.

Right, Hong Yingcha grew up in the brothel. There was also a famous woman here in the brothel who was said to be a fox spirit's embodiment. That was Hong Yingcha's mother. However, she eloped with a young scholar who had just started his career in the court. The great beauty became his wife but she was forced by the Madame to return. They sued her husband so she have no choice but to leave. She was pregnant when she returned.

With her pregnancy, she was not allowed to accompany anyone. After giving birth to Hong Yingcha, she kept receiving letters and gifts from her husband. His position was slowly rising and it made her happy because soon, she can be bought out by him. However, with Hong Yingcha born, she have to serve a lot of men. This made her depressed but she waited for her husband. Unfortunately, six yeats later, she heard he married a widowed wealthy lady. This made him reach his goal easier than before and he seemed to have forgotten about her.

It broke her heart that she took her own life. The Madame then reconsidered to take care of Hong Yingcha since she does have the looks to be as beautiful as her late mother. She developed her body fast when she was twelve. There, she began serving men wines, amusing them with her seductive dances and singing melodiously or playing instruments. As she grew up, she became more mischievous like a fox indeed, even exceeding her mother's popularity.

At the age of fifteen, she was allowed to bed a man. With how popular she is and her availability, a lot of high ranking officials tried to obtain her for a night. Coincidentally, Bai Fuxi was wallowing regarding his fixed marriage. He never wanted it in the first place. Thus, he thought of venting his frustrations. With so many men fighting over Hong Yingcha, he thought it must be interesting and raised his own bid. No one dared to stop him since he is a first rank official. Hong Yingcha was afraid for her first night so she was clumsy specially since she is on the same bed with a cold minister.

Of course, Bai Fuxi is more experienced with women so he came to know she was a virgin. He didn't initiate to touch her and just talked with her. Hong Yingcha was relieved since she heard from her seniors that Bai Fuxi was difficult to please and he is quite rough in treating them. In no time, he started asking for her accompaniment but they never did anything. She was always reserved for him so no one else was able to get her first. After a year or so, Hong Yingcha made it official with him. And so, they almost have two years of being subordinates up until now. It was only last year when they first did it.

"Though he is a pervert, he was actually patient to a girl." Hong Cha thought when she saw a unique man entering the brothel. "Eh? Isn't this... Yu Anwei?!"