Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (115)

Mo Ye clenched his fists underneath his sleeves. Should he interfere? Forget it, she is a mortal and he is a demon. No matter which perspective anyone looked at, they are not for one another. Moreover, Fen Tao is there for him. He can choose the right woman to be with for the rest of his immortal life. As for Hong Cha, she is a mortal. She dies, she reincarnates. With each lifetime, she continues to reap her karmas and find another man to be with. Mo Ye calmed himself. Right, he doesn't like her that much. He was just curious about mortals. Nothing else is between them.

"Xiao Cha." he called. Hong Cha turned to him in hesitation. Mo Ye raised his hand and dragon sculpture made of ice appeared. It was small though. He made it float and drop on her hand. "If you want to come back, just wish for it and you will return to the demon realm. Hopefully, you will not miss my wedding."

"Huh? His wedding?" she was stunned. Oh, he must be thinking of marrying Fen Tao. That's good. Hong Cha nodded and smiled cheerfully. "Of course, Your Majesty."

"This is farewell, then." his tone wavered a bit. Why is he reluctant to leave? Mo Ye became determined as specks of white light enveloped him. His figure vanished and only glowing fireflies remained. They scattered in every direction. Hong Cha looked down at the dragon sculpture.

"Liu... Liu Hong Cha." Shangguan Yuan called her name. She faced him in puzzlement. "About my confession... I am serious. I want to be with you but if you are not ready to marry me yet, I can wait."

"Eh?" Hong Cha cant believe he blushed. What an adorable guy! She looked up to the clinic which can be destroyed with one punch. Its no longer as steady as before. Six decades had worn it out. What should she do? "I cant live here. I don't have any residences too... Where should I go now?"

"You can stay in my manor." Shangguan Yuan suggested. Hong Cha looked at him with a gratified look.

"Are you courting me?" she teased. The man lowered his head as if too shy to answer. Hong Cha laughed and nudge his elbow a bit. "Just for a while then. I can also work so I can earn some money to buy myself a home and build a clinic too. Master will be so disappointed if I meet her in the Underworld."

"I can help you with that." he offered again but Hong Cha shook her head. She cant take advantage of his feelings.

Shangguan Yuan is really a gentleman. He gave her the best residence in his manor which made her even more guilty since she doesn't feel the same as him. Hong Cha thus worked as a physician in the manor. Her return made a lot of people ask for her help. She was soon able to earn some money for herself. However, she rarely get to meet Shangguan Yuan. He always come back late from work and leave so early at dawn.

One night, Shangguan Yuan arrived late again. He saw a curled figure waiting for him outside the manor. From the cold stair is a girl sleeping from tiredness. The lamp next to her was able to illuminate her peaceful face. Shangguan Yuan went closer and tucked her hair covering her face. His gaze was gentle and even he himself cant believe he cares for her.

"Jie Zhang, you like Demon Ye's woman?" a little girl appeared behind him with a cheeky smile. Mi Liang notice him pausing. She grinned at him. "Aiya, Jie Zhang, you said you don't have time for love. As I see it, you like her!"

"Liang, shut up." he grimly said. Mi Liang covered her mouth and avoided laughing from discovering his secret. Jie Zhang looked back to Hong Cha. He was using his fake identity as Shangguan Yuan to get close to her and capture Mo Ye. However, he miscalculated something. Jie Zhang sent five disciples to scare Hong Cha and make Mo Ye appear so he can catch him. Unfortunately, he learnt from the four that their leader was killed after attempting to rape Hong Cha. This infuriated him and wanted to check on her but she suddenly disappeared. For sixty years, he cant forger about her and she became his new obsession.

"Jie Zhang, your lifespan is getting short. Are you sure you don't want to capture Demon Ye?" Mi Liang faintly asked. The medicine Hong Cha made was effective but it can only last for six decades. After six decades, Jie Zhang will grow old rapidly until he dies within two weeks time. She worries for him since he is her only playmate.

"That can wait." he swiftly carried Hong Cha. The first snow finally descended that night. Jie Zhang looked upwards the frosty sky. Only four months left...

Hong Cha was awakened when she felt herself being moved. She lifted her eyes to see Jie Zhang placing her in her room. Her brows furrowed upon noticing his skin was paler than before.

"Brother Shangguan?" she called softly. Jie Zhang stopped but he was holding her and she is beneath him. This ambiguous position made his heart race from nervousness. Hong Cha raised her hand and touched his face. He does look pale compared to her skin tone. "Brother Shangguan, you came home late again. Look, you are so pale. Can you come back on the right time? I've been waiting for you!"

"Sorry." he smiled faintly. Jie Zhang needs to leave so early and return so late so he can enter the palace. He is the emperor of Jin and he cant leave his duties. "Liu Hong Cha, I was wondering. If I have few months left to live, will you marry me?"

"Eh?" she wanted to scratch the back of her head. Hong Cha thought for a moment. "If that happens, I will marry you."