Gu Jiaoyue's Ambition (193)

"I'm glad you are here with me to shop. Lazing around is not good, you know?" Hong Cha smiled playfully at Gu Jiaoyue. He looks so unwilling to shop with her in a market.

"AI can do the rest." He murmured. Gu Jiaoyue looked around, the market only has few customers. He is one of those that rarely do menial tasks and focus on their work instead. Gu Jiaoyue returned his attention to Hong Cha and noticed her staring at the shelves of chocolates. "You want those?"

"No. I just remembered Yehai-, I mean, nothing." Hong Cha turned to another aisle. She sighed in her heart, that childish husband of hers... He likes chocolate. To stop him from annoying her, she only have to toss a chocolate bar and he'd stop. His foolishness made her smile unconsciously.

"Hong Cha, hey!" Gu Jiaoyue quickly grabbed her shoulder to interrupt her. She almost hit her cart to another one. Gu Jiaoyue apologized to the lady who nearly got hit. She scoffed and left first. "Hong Cha, careful. What are you thinking about?"

Before Hong Cha can answer, they heard someone calling out to Gu Jiaoyue. Both of them turned back to see a pretty young girl with guards behind her.

"General Moon, hi!" She excitedly greeted him.

"R-Rong Xue, hello." He forced a smile and returned a welcome. This girl... She stalked him!

"Is this an AI maid? Wow, so realistic. Being ranked at the top is great." Rong Xue pointed at Hong Cha and looked at her with interest. Hong Cha raised a brow and nudge Gu Jiaoyue.

"Girlfriend?" She whispered. Gu Jiaoyue shook his head.

"She's not an AI, Rong Xue. This is Hong Cha, a friend of mine." Gu Jiaoyue chose the right words to keep Rong Xue from being jealous. He knows how extreme she can get.

"A friend, huh." A wicked smile formed on Rong Xue's pretty cute face. "General Moon, my father said you are living with a woman. Is it her?"

"Rong Xue, not now." He frowned. If it wasn't for his parents, he doesn't need to stay patient with Rong Xue. However, his fame today is the result of her father's help.

"If it offends you that I live with Gu Jiaoyue, I will move away." Hong Cha had some grasp of the situation. The girl is insisted and Gu Jiaoyue is forcing himself to be calm. It can only mean she was the fiance Gu Jiaoyue mentioned to her.

"If? It's not if, you offended me straight! General Moon is my fiance, what he has that you enjoy were all the cost of my father's aid. You stay-"

"Rong Xue!" Gu Jiaoyue had enough and raised his voice. Rong Xue stopped as Hong Cha looked at him sharply.

"Calm down. She's your fiance. You talk this out with her." Hong Cha knew her place. She has this ambiguous relationship with Gu Jiaoyue after that kiss, any outsiders will see her as someone in romance with him. Rong Xue is his fiance, Hong Cha is just a friend. In this case, she has no right to meddle with the two.

"No, you stay." Gu Jiaoyue unexpectedly said and held her wrist. Hong Cha frowned in return. "Rong Xue, leave Hong Cha alone. She's not my woman, she is my brother's."

"Don't make up lies!" Rong Xue thought he was lying to her so he can cover up their real relationship.

"Whatever you say. But if you attempt to do something to her, forget this engagement. It's not my will to be in this arrangement. Hong Cha, let's go." He scoffed and urged Hong Cha to a different direction.

"Gu Jiaoyue! Father will not like this! Come back!"

"Tell him I don't need his help. General Monsoon will surely be glad to have me on his faction." Gu Jiaoyue answered back. He looked down at Hong Cha who is also staring at him. "What?"

"She's your fiance." If Hong Cha is Rong Xue, she will also do the same and confront the woman who lives with her soon-to-be husband. It's making her look like someone who stole their lover.

"It's just an arranged marriage. I can cancel anytime. Besides, my parents did this with Rong Xue's father, it's never my will." His gaze lowered to hide his grievances. If only he was more like Gu Zixing, he can decide for himself. But, he chose to stay filial and said nothing to whatever his parents established for him.

"Gu Jiaoyue, Miss Red's wedding will be five days from now. I only have five days of vacation left. After the wedding, I'll go back to work again. Where should we hang out?" Hong Cha changed the topic to cheer him.

"Earth 1, let's go back there." Gu Jiaoyue lifted a faint smile. Earth 1 is the place where he has more memories with Gu Zixing. As years passed, Gu Zixing no longer overshadowed him but at the same time, he started forgetting their brotherhood.