Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (103)

The dark dragon huffed out smokes from its nose. It shook its head and moved its feet. Hong Cha gulped. Should she take the yang essence now or run away immediately? Oh, she forgot. She have a male god with her. But her male god is only a small snake! How can that help? Hong Cha wanted to think more when the dragon roared. She was thrown back from the force and she dropped the vial by accident. Mo Ye was unperturbed. He was able to catch her on time. The black dragon puffed out another batch of smokes after roaring.

"Master, find a place to hide. But please avoid the darkest area. It have many demon beasts." he calmly said. Hong Cha nodded. System Wu helped her find a good place to hide. She hid behind a sturdy tree and watched the fight that is about to happen. How will Mo Ye fight when he cant remember who he was?

"Thee who intrude thy revered realm are forbidden to leave." the dark dragon said whilst not opening its mouth. Its voice was deep and demonic. Hong Cha felt her chest suffocating. She forgot, they are immortals and Liu Hong Cha is a mortal. Staying here will slowly kill her.

"System, is there anything that can protect me from their cultivation?" Hong Cha asked. System Wu hummed.

[There is a divine tool convenient for this world, Host. It is kept in one of the storage in the system for cultivation universes. However, it is only for one-time use.]

"Wow..." she was breathless to see a golden relic appearing in front of her. However, it look so familiar. When she touched the relic, a memory flashed in her mind.

"Camellia..." Gu Zixing coughed out blood. He wore a bloodstained white robe but she cant see his face clearly. Hong Cha just watched him struggle to breath, the sword in her hand was dripping with blood. It was no secret she stabbed him. She felt nothing while seeing him suffer.

"Gu Zixing, you think I am still the same innocent girl you met? Think again." she coldly said. Gu Zixing no longer have enough strength to look at her and his head dropped on the ground. Hong Cha opened her palm and a golden relic appeared. She knelt down before placing the relic in his hold. Gu Zixing saw this but he can no longer move or speak. "Keep it. I never used this relic because it came from you. Let us see how long you can last."

Bam!

The memory ended quick. Hong Cha forgot to use the relic and the loud explosion almost turned her deaf. She reached for the relic but she hesitated to use it. Her hand opened and closed whether to take the relic or not. For some reason, she felt like she doesn't want to use the relic. Her consciousness shook which almost made her pass out. Hong Cha took the relic. A warm glow of light enveloped her before vanishing. She no longer feel suppressed. But in her heart, she felt saddened. Why...? Why did she hurt Gu Zixing like that? Don't they love each other?

Mo Ye evaded the dragon attempting to swallow him. He stepped on the side but the tail whipped him forcefully. With a loud thud, he was struck to the slope. Red blood dripped from the corner of his mouth but he felt no pain. Mo Ye composed himself. Red petals scattered from his right hand before turning into a slim crimson sword. His eyes turned complete red. The black pattern from his face appeared on his other cheek, down to his neck.

"A demon? But the sword, it was forged by a deity. How come?" the dragon asked with its loud booming voice. Mo Ye didn't speak. In a flash, he stood in front of the dragon's head and yielded the sword forward. The dragon's forehead was struck. It roared loudly as red cracks formed from the wound until its head. With such painful scream, the dragon moved its body recklessly. Mo Ye tried to widen the wound when he sensed another danger near them.

Hong Cha noticed they are far from the pool. She rushed and picked the vial before quickly filling it up when she heard loud thumps from the forest. A hideous beast with four legs and skull-like head of an ox came forth. Her heart raced fast. It was her first time arriving in a chaotic place like this. The beast growled and opened its mouth. Hong Cha screamed in fear, raising her arms in front of her but the beast wasn't able to eat her. A round yellow light circled around her with the relic showing up above her head.

"Master!" Mo Ye retrieved the sword but the dragon hit its head on the ground. He was unable to help Hong Cha on time.

The beast wailed like a possessed person. It bit over and over but it cant break the barrier surrounding Hong Cha. She looked back to Mo Ye and was stunned to see him bleeding. Oh, no. The male god is in trouble because of her!

"Xiao Bai! Xiao Bai, get up! Lets leave!" she punched the barrier to get his attention. Mo Ye turned to her direction but the black dragon breathed out purplish fire. He hurriedly evaded it. Hong Cha was helpless to do anything when the barrier started forming cracks. This made her eyes widen. "System, help me!"

[Host, there are no more relics available for mortals. We can abort this mission for Host's safety. However, if the male god dies, this world will end.]

Hong Cha thought for a moment. She turned to Mo Ye and continued to punched the barrier.

"Xiao Bai! Xiao Bai, help! Xiao Bai!" she desperately called. If she had known, she shouldn't had taken him here.

The barrier formed countless cracks. Mo Ye was already injured severely. Upon hearing her crying for his help, he felt a rush from his heart. The relic bursted which stunned Hong Cha and the beast's mouth is ready to snap at her.