Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (117)

"Oi, why do you need something like this?" Mo Ye suddenly grabbed the vial she was holding. Yang essence? Isn't she a woman? In addition, she's not even a cultivator so why will she need it? Hong Cha took it back and placed it in her pouch.

"Its for a patient of mine. That boy needs to get treated. I am pitying him." she lied. If he knew it was 'Shangguan Yuan' she was helping, he might stop her from doing so. "I still need two more materials but I don't know where to get it. Perhaps... Just perhaps, you could help me."

"Sure. A day in the upper realm is a year in the mortal world. I have a lot of time." he answered with an amiable tone. Hong Cha didn't expect he would agree. "What's the next material?"

"Uhm... Liansheng flower." she is hesitating whether to task him to take it. During her stay in the upper realm, only the immortal clan have it. Here in the lower realm, the emperor of Jin grows them.

"Liansheng flower... I heard from Taotao the little goddess Mi Liang handed all of them to the current emperor of Jin. We can go there and steal one." Mo Ye's eyes formed to crescent. Hong Cha wanted to disagree when he became a dragon again and bit the back of her dress. She sighed in her heart. Does he like carrying her this way?

They arrived in Jin Empire in few minutes. Mo Ye placed her down once they reached the palace gate. He stepped closer but a barrier stopped him from getting near the palace.

"You're a demon. You cant enter the palace without the emperor's consent." Hong Cha reminded. Mo Ye huffed smokes from his nose to show his displeasure. She patted his nose lightly and touched his floating whisker. "I'll get inside. You'll be my runaway ride, okay? Wait for me here."

"Dangerous." Mo Ye blocked her way with his tail. Hong Cha just climbed over and stuck her tongue out. He can only watch her enter the palace. A group of guards was nearing his position, thus, Mo Ye turned himself into his weak form before hiding behind a bush. He kept his gaze on the closed palace gate. "She is this dedicated? I thought she came from the Jade Palace? Isn't Xiao Cha a maidservant of Taotao? How come she was able to cure those mortals? Xiao Cha, just who are you?"

Hong Cha found the main palace safely with the help of System Wu. She avoided where servants and guards are. The only place left is the imperial garden. Hong Cha peeked from the moon gate and there was no one. There are hundreds of Liansheng flowers blooming in the middle of a pool too! Because of her excitement, Hong Cha forgot to ask System Wu to scan the area. She reached for a flower when a figure emerged from the pool and grabbed her wrist.

"Wah!" she cried out in shock. Her eyes rounded to know the physique belongs to a young man. In addition, he was naked. Only that she cant see his face clearly.

"Stealing from the emperor, hm?" the young man pulled her closer. Hong Cha tried to escape his grip but she cant break free.

"I, I wasn't stealing!" she retorted back. He chuckled from her refusal.

"You want this?" he took a Liansheng flower and placed it near her cheek. Hong Cha reached to grab it but a blue flame emerged from his palm and burnt the flower. She choked in fear. The young man leaned closer, their lips almost touching. "I can give anything you want. As long as you serve me tonight."

"... Define 'serve'?" she gulped. Just after she asked, he held the back of her head and kissed her. Hong Cha was stunned. She pushed him far and stood away from his reach. Hong Cha wiped her lips while sending a glare. "Im not willing!"

"Heh, why? You have a lover of yours?" Jie Zhang taunted. It was fortunate there was no moonlight so she cant see him.

"Yes, I mean, no. Its complicated, okay?" Hong Cha answered back. Jie Zhang took a good look at her. With his level of cultivation, he can see her from the dark. She seems determined. Jie Zhang plucked two stems and tossed it to her.

"Take it. Don't let me catch you stealing again or I'll punish you accordingly." he scoffed. Hong Cha hurriedly took the flowers and left without thanking him. His face darkened. Does she like 'Shangguan Yuan' that much? If he wasn't the emperor, she would have killed herself since stealing from the royalty is equivalent in courting death.

Mo Ye returned to his dragon form when he sensed Hong Cha. However, a familiar scent is following her. Once she arrived, he stuck his nose close to her wrist. This smell, he could have sworn he had sensed it before.

"Someone touched you?" he quickly asked. Hong Cha nodded and climbed on his back.

"I escaped though." she assured Mo Ye. How come he knows?

"Hold on tight." Mo Ye said. He turned the other way and rushed straight the wall. Mo Ye climbed it swiftly as he rose to the sky. "Do you still live in Jianghu?"

"No. I live with Brother Shangguan." Hong Cha reluctantly answered. Mo Ye didn't slow down and left Jin. This stunned her. "Where are you taking me? Hey!"

"To Jianghu. That's where I remembered I left you." Mo Ye snorted in his heart. He just finds it annoying that she lives with Jie Zhang. "What material do you need next?"

"Uhm..." she isn't sure if she should tell him. "Dragon's blood. The last material needed."

Mo Ye became silent. He never answered and without any other sound, Hong Cha fell asleep. They arrived in front of the dilapidated building. When he descended, he became human again and Hong Cha was sleeping in his arms. Mo Ye took a step forward. A white glow spreads across the place and the building was instantly repaired. He paused in front of the door. This place is...seemingly comforting him.