Arc 4: Icy Cold Demon Ye (116)

Hong Cha was startled. Jie Zhang started becoming weak almost often within a month. He was vomiting blood and a dragon pattern appeared from his chest. Even healers cant help him recover. Maybe because she made him a medicine containing a demonic dragon's blood that he is suffering this way. Even worse, his pupils were becoming the same as Mo Ye's. She cant tell if she should blame herself for this. This made her recall what he said one night. If he is sick and is about to die, will she marry him?

"Brother Shangguan..." she rubbed his back as he vomited blood again. The servants brought water for him to rinse his mouth. Jie Zhang leaned on her shoulder afterwards. He is almost breathless. However, a serene smile was on his face.

"Liu Hong Cha, I think... I think I will pass when spring arrives." Jie Zhang speculated. After this year ends, he can only last for two weeks at most.

"Brother Shangguan, no! We will find a way, the same medicine, I can look for it again." Hong Cha stubbornly said.

"No, you shouldn't endanger yourself." he held her hand and closed his eyes. The last resort, he can still hold on until his demand was met. She will be his after this.

Hong Cha ignored his warning. System Wu is with her so she sneaked out of the manor and travelled back to Jianghu. First, the yang essence. She stood in front of the immortal aperture. A sigh escaped her lips.

[Host, here is an elixir to make you invisible.]

"How convenient! Where did you get all these stuff?" she was elated and consumed the elixir quick.

[Im a special system, Host. I have anything from every world possible to transmigrate to.]

Hong Cha was impressed. She entered the dangerous realm and recalled which path she took. All of a sudden, she fell. Hong Cha found herself in a frosty meadow. The grasses were covered with few frosts and blue fireflies scattered everywhere. The beast and dragon are gone which made her afraid to continue. Hong Cha took out a vial and got near the pool of yang. After filling it, her cover also disappeared.

Boom!

A black dragon descended the sky, standing across her. Its whiskers floated as if ready to whip Hong Cha. Its red eyes glowing ominously. There was also the same beast who almost ate her. Hong Cha gulped.

"System, is there any weapon for me to use?" she urgently asked.

[Sorry Host but the weapons in the system can only be used by cultivators. Some weapons are modernized which has no effect for spiritual creatures.]

All of a sudden, a loud roar resounded from the starry sky. A white dragon came down next to Hong Cha to protect her. She didn't expect Mo Ye will arrive. With his presence, the beast stepped back to the forest but the dark dragon remained on his place. It growled at Mo Ye unhappily. Mo Ye stepped forward with his menacing glare. He can fight this dragon again and with his true strength unleashed, they stood no chance against him.

"She is robbing my master's tomb!" the black dragon said. Mo Ye turned to Hong Cha and bit the back of her clothes. She was stunned when he raised her using his mouth.

"Who cares? That was just two vials of yang." Mo Ye harrumphed. He raised his claw towards the pool and it brightened. Two pools of yang appeared which stunned the black dragon. "There, I doubled the yang you are protecting, tsk."

"Mo Ye, place me down!" Hong Cha struggled once they reached the sky. She felt like a mouse held by a python. Mo Ye didn't answer and soared higher which frightened her. "You! Since when did you become mean?!"

"Stay still or I'll drop you." he threatened. Hong Cha continued struggling. To her shock, he opened his mouth and she fell. Hong Cha screamed in fear but she found herself lying on his back. That... That was close...

"Bad snake!" she punched his scales but Mo Ye didn't show any sign of pain. Hong Cha scoffed and sat there obediently. He brought her down a familiar meadow. With his interference, the grasses shook and hidden fireflies were disturbed. Hong Cha stepped down but Mo Ye didn't return to his human form. "Thank you for saving me but you're just so mean."

Mo Ye leaned closer and used his nose to poke her hand. He looked up to her with his head bowed. Hong Cha found this familiar. She hesitantly raised her hand and patted his forehead. Mo Ye suddenly pushed her with his head until she fell on the ground. Hong Cha never saw that coming.

"You! What's wrong with you?!" just what is the male god doing? Suddenly, Mo Ye became his human form while kneeling close to her. He sniffed on her neck which made her blush uncontrollably.

"I just got annoyed for no reason." he answered honestly. Mo Ye can sense Jie Zhang's scent on her which made him push her in annoyance. He cant tell why did he do that. "Girl Hong Cha, you really smell good but your Brother Shangguan stinks. You like hugging a stinky man?"

"Don't talk to him like that you- you little, uhm, little snake!" she countered back. Mo Ye paused and looked down to his lower part.

"You never saw it if it was small or big. How can you tell?" he confusedly asked. Why is she saying he's small? Perhaps she is confident Jie Zhang was bigger? It infuriated him again.

"No, I mean, its not your, damn it!" Hong Cha face-palmed. This male god is really odd. He sounds like an innocent pervert!

"Look, don't go somewhere dangerous again, alright? You were lucky you have that hairpin on you." he touched the clip holding her bangs. The empty black clip formed a bud that bloomed into a red camellia. For some reason, the clip warned him she was in trouble. "Was I the one who gave you this?"

"S-sort of." she looked away. He must not remember their past...