chapter 1

A/N: for context, Animagi can be born if at least one parent is an Animagus and some dead people can choose to come to the real world as ghosts, they can come and go as they please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

⚠️TW⚠️- abuse

-Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone-

-Narrator's POV-

A town. A quiet town asleep in the night. Lamps illuminating the bright moon as a man with a long, white and glittering beard and a hat that slopes down walked through what seemed like a normal street. Crimson red robes he wore and held a device in his right hand, clutching it.

The device was a metal cylinder with a button-like lever on the side of it. He pushed the lever up. A metal tube on the inside sucked in the light from the tall lamps. He pulled the lever down and closed the device. A cat meowed. He looked just in front of him, and saw sitting there a tabby cat with green eyes.

"I should've known that you would be here... Professor McGonagall" the mysterious man said, almost staring down the cat.

The cat stood and took a few steps forwards, morphing into an old woman with rectangular glasses and a pointed hat, this one holding upright.

"Good evening, professor Dumbledore" professor McGonagall greeted. She rushed over to professor Dumbledore, walking with him towards a house "Are the rumours true... Albus?"

"I'm afraid so, professor. The good and the bad" professor Dumbledore replied.

"And the children?" professor McGonagall asked.

"Hagrid is bringing them" professor Dumbledore said simply.

"Do you think it wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"Ah, professor. I would trust Hagrid with my life" professor Dumbledore answered, turning to professor McGonagall.

In the distance, a loud noise was thundering from the sky. A bright light came closer and soon landed, revealing a large man on a motorcycle.

"Professor Dumbledore, sir. Professor McGonagall" Hagrid greeted, sighing lightly.

"No problems, I trust, Hagrid?" professor Dumbledore asked as Hagrid got off his bike.

"No sir. The little tykes fell asleep just as we were flying over Bristol" Hagrid said and gave a little chuckle "Try not to wake them. Here you go" Hagrid gave 2 babies over to the 2 professors, a little boy and a little girl. Professor Dumbledore held the little boy and Professor McGonagall, the girl.

"Albus, do you think it's safe? Leaving them with these people? I've watched them all day. They're the worst sort of Muggles imaginable. They really are-"

"The only family he has. And the girl, would you rather I give her over to the Malfoys?"

"The Malfoys?! God forbid she goes to the Malfoys. They're worse than these Muggles. But these children will be famous. There won't be a child in our world who doesn't know their names"

"Exactly. They're far better off growing up away from all of that" professor Dumbledore said, glancing at professor McGonagall and Hagrid, then back at the baby boy "Until they're ready"

Professor Dumbledore gently placed the boy on the doorstep of 4 Privet Drive, professor McGonagall placing the girl next to him. Hagrid sniffled and coughed, trying to stop more tears from flowing down his cheeks and bushy beard.

"There there, Hagrid. It's not really goodbye after all" professor Dumbledore comforted.

Hagrid nodded his head and the 2 professors turned to the children. Professor Dumbledore placed a letter on top of the boy.