chapter 67

⚠️TW⚠️- insecurities

"Come in" Umbridge says after Harry knocks on the door.

We walk inside and everything is pink. Pink tea, pink sugar, pink photo frames with kittens in them. Pink.

"Good evening, Mr and Miss Potter. Sit" we sit behind a desk opposite her "You're going to be doing some lines for me today" Umbridge says, so me and Harry pull out our quills "No, not with your quills. Going to be using a rather special one of mine. Now... I want you to write, 'I must not tell lies'"

She stands behind us.

"How many times?" I ask.

"Well, let's say for as long as it takes for the message to sink in" she answers.

"You haven't given us any ink" Harry points out.

"Oh, you won't need any ink" Umbridge says.

I sigh heavily, then start writing, but my hand twitches in pain as me and Harry wince.

I look at my hand to see the words carve into my hand. I look at Harry, and it's the same for him.

A drop of my blood sinks into my parchment, and I look curiously and painfully at my hand again, then turn to Umbridge.

"Yes?" she asks, now standing in front of us.

Silence surrounds us as me and Harry just stare up at her, seeing her hold back a smile.

"Nothing" me and Harry say.

"That's right. Because you know, deep down... you both deserve to be punished. Don't you?" she asks, leaning towards us and smiling "Go on"

~~~~~

"Skiving Snackboxes" Fred says.

"Sweet that make you ill" George says.

"Get you out of class whenever you like"

"Obtain hours of pleasure from unprofitable boredom"

I smile and peck George's head, then Fred's cheek, ruffling his hair as I make my way to Harry.

"Care for another?"

"I'm not asking you to write all of it for me" Ron says to Hermione as they make their way to me and Harry, who are sitting on the sofa.

"Oh please" Hermione says, making me chuckle.

"It's just, I've been busy studying for these stupid OWL exams" Ron explains.

"I'll do the introduction. That's all" Hermione says.

"Hermione, you're honestly the most wonderful person I've ever met. If I'm ever rude to you again-"

"I'll know you've gone back to normal" Hermione cuts off.

Harry flips to the next page of his book, but Hermione looks at his hand in worry.

"What's wrong with your hand?" she asks.

"Nothing" Harry says, and covers his left hand, showing Hermione his right.

"The other hand" Hermione says, pulling it up and showing it.

Hermione quietly gasps as she looks at it, and it makes me uncomfortably cover my hand before either of them see it.

"You've got to tell Dumbledore" Hermione says.

"No. Dumbledore's got enough on his mind right now. Anyway, I don't want to give Umbridge the satisfaction"

"Bloody hell Harry, the woman's torturing you" Ron says.

"Y/N, how're you doing?" Harry asks, catching me off guard.