chapter 32

⚠️TW⚠️- insecurities

"Have you spoken to Hermione?" Ron asks as me, him and Harry are walking up a flight of stairs.

"She should be out of hospital in a few days... When she stops coughing up hairballs" Harry says as I shudder at the thought of it.

We got to the top of the stairs, but there is water all over the floor.

"What's this?" I ask, but me, Harry and Ron look between each other.

We run down the corridor and take a right, seeing water filling up the floor, coming from the abandoned girl's bathroom.

"Yuck!" Ron exclaims.

"Looks like Moaning Myrtle's flooded the bathroom" Harry says.

We run into the bathroom to see the all the taps on, shooting water into the sink bowls, water falling on the floor as they are full. We hear small, but echoing sobs coming from our left, so we turn our whole bodies to face Myrtle, seeing her crying by the painted window.

"Are you okay?!" I ask quickly, concerned about why she is upset.

"Come to throw something else at me?" Myrtle asks, ignoring my question.

"Why would I throw something at you?" Harry asks.

"Don't ask me. Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me" Myrtle says, getting up and hovering in front of us, looking to my right.

"But... It can't hurt if someone throws something at you. I mean, it'll just go right through you" Ron says.

"Ron!" I yell, knowing what she'll say.

"Sure!" Myrtle yells as she flies to Ron quickly, standing right in front of his face "Let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't feel it! 10 points if you get it through her stomach" Myrtle says and shoves her hand into Ron's chest, then pulls it out "50 points if it goes through her head!" Myrtle jabs her hand at Ron's head, then pulls it back.

"But who threw it at you anyway?" Harry asks. Myrtle glides so she's opposite Harry.

"I don't know. I didn't see them. I was just sitting in the U-bend, thinking about death..." Myrtle sighs "And it fell through the top of my head. Mhm" Myrtle says and starts crying again, flying away.

Harry glances at the floor, and I look in the same direction, seeing a book with an ink-black cover on the floor, the pages wet. Harry picks up the book.

"Well... That book obviously won't talk to us someway and actually be some evil book that will lead us to our doom, aka the Heir of Slytherin. Yeah Harry, pick it up" I sigh, scoffing heavily and rolling my eyes at Harry.

"You can go to Fred and George" Harry says.

"Love you!" I yell to Harry as I run out of the bathroom.

I run to the Gryffindor common room and knock on the fat lady portrait in a tune 5 times. I get 2 knocks back. The portrait opens as I see Fred and George standing there. I pull them both into a hug, then walk into the common room, sitting by the fire to dry the bottom of my robes. Fred sits on my right as George sits on my left. I loop my arms through theirs, looking at both of them, smiling.

"What do you wanna do?" I ask.

"We could either sit and talk, or..." George starts, but turns to me and Fred. We all smirk as we get up, leaving the common room.

We run to Peeves and I smile at him.

"Hi, we have a plan for a certain staff member who's name starts with an 'F' and ends with an 'ilch'. You wanna help us?" I ask.