chapter 16

⚠️TW⚠️- E.D

What I mean by 'I believe him' is I've been thinking about what dad said and I believe what he said about Pettigrew, my mother and Harry's parents. I know I've only known him for an hour but I just trust him. I don't know why but he seems... Safe. Like I can believe anything he says. But right now, that's not important. It's not like he's getting out anytime soon anyway.

Continuing, I woke up the next morning and changed my clothes, putting my Weasley jumper on again. I walked out to the Great Hall but Ron pulls me to the side.

"Me and Harry snuck out last night. Harry took me to a mirror and said he saw his parents. I look in the mirror and I saw myself as as head boy, and the Quidditch captain, holding the Quidditch Cup"

"Do you think I could see my parents? That's all I've ever wanted"

"I don't know" Harry says, coming to us.

"You really saw your parents?" I ask and he nods his head.

I take both of their arms and pull them into the hall. Me and Ron sit at the Gryffindor table, me next to George and Ron next to Percy. Harry sits on top of the Slytherin table, looking at the fire. I was zoned out, thinking about my parents and just looking at the table.

"Do you like yours Ron?" George asks and I was brought back to reality. I look at Ron and he's looking at Harry "Ron?" George calls.

"I'll be right back" Ron says and gets up, going to Harry.

I look at the food, then push my plate away.

"Eat something" George says, but I shake my head "I haven't seen you eat anything since you ate that apple at the Halloween feast. Almost a month ago" George complains.

"I'm not hungry. It's as simple as that. Besides, I can't eat"

"And why's that?" George asks.

"It doesn't matter"

"That almost always means it does"

"George" I call and Ron sits at the table again.

"I'm just trying to care for one of my best friends, 'cause the other is happily eating as if there isn't a problem in the world"

"Hey!" Fred says and looks between me and George, who are chuckling.

"I... Just... Haven't been able to eat since I met my dad and I realise that I don't even know what my mother looks like" I say, playing with my fingers.

"Everything is going to be alright. Just have faith. I do. Especially when it comes to you and less handsome over here" George says and I chuckle again, then glance at Fred.

I sigh and look at Harry, seeing him sit by himself.

"Excuse me" I say and get up, going around the Gryffindor and Slytherin tables, sitting next to Harry "You doing okay?" I ask.

"Yeah"

"You're thinking about your parents, aren't you?" I ask and he nods his head "So am I. But it's alright. I know one day you'll meet your parents, whether it's by magic, or other ways. But, just be happy that your parents died saving you. A lot of people have parents who don't give them a second glance, and that hurts them. Your parents loved you so much that they didn't give sacrificing their lives for you a second thought. They fought 'till the end, and that's what matters" I say and kiss his temple, going back to the Gryffindor table.

"How is he?" Ron asks.

"He's going to be just fine" I say, picking up a piece of bread and eating it.

~~~~~

After my lesson that I just had, I have a break. I have decided to go snooping and looked in every room, looking for this magic mirror. I follow my instincts and go into a room near the library, then see a giant mirror. I smile.

I hesitantly look in it, seeing myself standing there. I sigh heavily as I don't see anything. I turn to leave, but see from the corner of my eye something move.

I look back and see my dad standing on my left. There was a woman in my right and in between was Fred, his chin leaning on my head as his arms are over my shoulders, him holding me tightly. I feel tears swell in my eyes and a few drop as I crash to my knees, crying.

~~~~~

Me, Harry, Ron and Hermione were in the Great Hall, studying for our final exams. Well, Ron wasn't. He was looking at his chocolate frog cards. Malekith was sitting on my head, observing the hall for me while my eyes were down, trying to avoid anyone's gaze due to my slightly puffy eyes.

"Hi Hedwig" Harry says as Hedwig lands on his books.

"Look at you, playing with your cards. Pathetic! We've got final exams coming up soon" Hermione says.

"I'm ready. Ask me any question" Ron argues. I look at Harry and he silently laughs.

"Alright. What are the 3 most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?" Hermione asks. There was a tiny pause.

"I forgot" Ron says and me and Harry both laugh.

"And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?"

"Copy off you" Ron says, leaning forwards a bit.

"No you won't. Besides, according to professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an Anti-Cheating Spell" Hermione says, then looks at her book.

"That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us! Dumbledore again!" Ron yells in frustration as he smacks the card onto the table.

Everyone randomly starts laughing so I look up and see Neville come in the hall, his legs stuck together. He was jumping towards us.

"Malekith" I call and he jumps onto Ron's head.

I run to Neville and he grabs my arm before he fell over. He holds my arm for balance as he continues to hop to Harry, Ron and Hermione, standing next to Hermione. I jump over the table to my seat and sit down, Malekith jumping back onto my head, sitting there.

"You have got to start standing up to people, Neville" Ron says.

"How? I can barely stand at all!" Neville says and almost falls over, but quickly regains his balance. Seamus grabs his wand, standing up.

"I'll do the counter curse!" he says quickly.

"No, that's all I need. You to set my bloody kneescaps on fire!" Neville says and Seamus smacks his wand on the table.

"I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom"

"He was trying to help" I say.

"Besides, if anyone cared to notice... My eyebrows have completely grown back!" Seamus yells and walks off, but, we all see a bald spot at the back of his head.

"I found him!" Harry's says and hands Ron a card.

"'Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945'"

"Go on!" Harry urges.

"'For the discovery of the 12 uses of dragon blood'... 'and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicholas Flamel'!"

"I knew the name sounded familiar. I read it on the train that day" Harry says while Hermione puts her stuff away.

"Follow me" Hermione says and I put my arm up, Malekith jumping on it. He jumped to the table and sat there, screeching at Hedwig.

"Be nice" I say and quickly scratch under his chin before packing my stuff and following Hermione.

"Hey! Wait! Where are you going?" Neville calls as we run out the Great Hall "What about the countercurse?"

I quickly run back to Neville and see him on the ground, everyone laughing at him. I pull out my wand, make 3 clockwise motions and say the incantation, unlocking his legs. I quickly run after the 3 again, catching up to them very quickly as I am really fast.