chapter 86

We stop our treck and set everything up for the night by a lake and rocky terrain. As Hermione cuts Harry's hair, I read a book. I look up when the scissors stop, seeing Hermione frozen.

"Oh my god!" Hermione exclaims, then moves towards me, or more specifically, the table I'm sat at.

"What?" Harry asks as I close my book.

"I'll tell you in a minute" Hermione says, flipping through a book.

"Maybe you could tell us now" Harry says, coming to us.

"The sword of Griffindor. It's goblin made" Hermione says.

"Brilliant" Harry said, putting his thumbs up.

"No, you don't understand. Dirt and rust have no effect on the blade. 'It only takes in that which makes it stronger'" Hermione says, reading a page of the book, then showing us the page.

"Okay..." Harry says, confused.

"Harry, you already destroyed one Horcrux, right? Tom Riddles diary in the Chamber of Secrets" Hermione says, walking around the table. Harry follows her, holding the book.

"With a Basilisk's fang. If you tell me you've got one of those in that bloody beaded bag of yours" Harry says.

"Don't you see? In the Chamber of Secrets, you stabbed the Basilisk with the sword of Griffindor. It's blade is impregnated with Basilisk venom" Hermione explain.

"'It only takes in that which makes it stronger'" Harry says, finally realising what Hermione's on about.

"Exactly, which is why-" Hermione starts.

"It can destroy Horcruxes" Harry finishes.

"That's why Dumbledore left it to you in his will" I say.

"You are brilliant Hermione. Truly" Harry says.

"Actually, I'm highly logical, which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook" Hermione says, but I give her a look.

"Hermione, you're a genius" I say, making her smile.

"Yeah, and there's only one problem, of course-" Harry starts but the lights turn off.

Ron walk forwards so we can see him.

"The sword was stolen" Ron says, then uses the Deluminator, returning the lights "Yeah, I'm still here. But you guys carry on. Don't let me spoil the fun" Ron continues.

Harry closes the book before facing Ron.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"Wrong? Nothing's wrong. Not according to you, anyway" Ron says.

"Look, if you've got something to say, don't be shy. Spit it out" Harry ushers.

"Alright. I'll spit it out. But don't expect me to be grateful just because now there's another damn thing we've gotta find"

"I thought you knew what you sighed up for" Harry says.

"Yeah, I thought I did too" Ron says.

"Well then, I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. What part of this isn't living up to your expectations? Did you think we were gonna be staying in a 5 star hotel? Finding a Horcrux every other day? You thought you'd be back with your mum by Christmas?" Harry asks, getting up and walking in a circle, Ron doing the same.

They stand opposite each other.

"I just though, after all this time, we would've actually achieve something. I thought you knew what you were doing. I thought Dumbledore would've told you something worth while. I thought you had a plan" Ron says.

I get up, standing to the side.

"I told you everything Dumbledore told me. And in case you haven't noticed, we found a Horcrux already" Harry says, pointing to the locket around Ron's neck.

"Yeah, and we're as close to getting rid of it as we are to finding the rest of them, aren't we?" Ron argues.

"Ron, please take... please take the Horcrux off, you wouldn't be saying any of this if you hadn't been wearing it all day" Hermione says, trying to get the Horcrux off him.

"Do you know why I listen to that radio every night, do you? To make sure I don't here Ginny's name. Or Fred, or George, or mum"

"What, you think I'm not listening too?! You don't think I know how his feels?!" Harry yells.

"No, you don't know how this feels! Your parents are dead! You have no family" Ron yells and Harry goes for him.

"Ron! That's enough! You can't cross that line" I warn.

"And you. Thinking even for a second Fred loves you. That George loves you. No one does. No wonder you haven't got any friends, you're pathetic"

I punch his face, making him groan and turn to me, pissed.

"That is not fair" I say "That is not fair! My whole life, all I've ever had was Harry. And then Fred and George came into my life, and I was happy, but you can't handle that fact that I actually have love in my life"

Ron goes for me and punches my face, but I get him on the ground, holding his arms down.

"Stop! stop!" Hermione tries, but Harry pulls us apart.

"Fine then, go! Go then!" I yell.

Ron pauses, then throws the Horcrux on the ground, grabbing his things right after. Hermione breathes heavily, tears in her eyes.

"And you? Are you coming or are you staying?" Ron asks. Hermione looks back at Harry and me, then Ron again "Fine. I get it. I saw you 2 the other night"

"Ron that's... that's nothing" Hermione defends.

Ron leaves the tent and Hermione calls after him, chasing him. I pick up the Horcrux and put it around my neck.

"Be careful with that. I don't want you getting mad at me and leaving" Harry says.

"I've handled worse" I say, smiling weakly "I'll be fine"

"Are you sure?" uncle Reg asks, making me turn to him.

"When'd you get here?" I ask.

"Who is it?" Harry asks.

"It's my uncle Regulus" I answer.

"I got here just now" uncle Reg says.

"Ron!" I hear Hermione yell.

Me, Harry and uncle Reg go outside the tent, seeing Hermione by herself. I walk to her, opening my arms. She takes my offer and hugs me tight, me hugging her back.

Once she calms down, we all go back in the tent, but uncle Reg switches with Cedric.

"Ced" I call, staring at him with teary eyes.

I hug him tightly and cry into his chest as he hugs me back, resting his head on top of mine.

When we pull away, I take a mirror and look at myself, my lip bleeding. I take a paper towel and clean my lip, wincing lightly.

"Here, let me" Cedric says, taking the towel from my hand.

He gently places the towel on my lip, cleaning the blood.

"Who is it now, Y/N" Harry asks, glancing up at me.

"Cedric" I say, turning to him.

Harry looks up at me, then in front of me.

"Hi, Cedric"

"Hey Harry" Cedric says.

"He says 'hi'" I say "My lip's not too bad, is it?" I ask Cedric.

"It's perfect" Cedric says, looking at my lips.

"I think there's more meaning to that" I say, chuckling as he looks back up to my eyes.