chapter 87

Hermione ties a scarf to a tree, looking at it for a moment before coming to us, standing next to Harry. Harry holds her hand and mine, apparating us to a mountain. He lets go of our hands, then walks off.

After a while, Harry casts the protective enchantment around the area while I start on the tent, no ghosts around me.

~~~~~

I sit outside, laying on the grass as I look up, admiring the beauty of nature.

"So, no Yule ball, huh?" uncle James asks, standing over me, blocking my view.

"Nope" I say, sitting up.

He sits next to me.

"I can't believe it. I would've loved to go to the Yule ball with Lily. What happened?" Uncle James asks.

"I got in a fight with my boyfriend, and he took someone else to rub it in my face. Since I'm unlikable, no one else asked me, so I didn't go"

"No, no. No"

"What?"

"I'm not letting you wallow in your own self pity. Get up"

"What?"

"Come on" uncle James says, pulling me up "Do you know how to dance?"

"Is that even a question?" I ask, remembering Draco, then getting pissed at him.

Coincidentally, music starts playing and uncle James smiles.

"Did you do that?" I ask.

"No" uncle James answers simply.

He smirks, then places his hand on my waist, his other in my hand. I put a hand on his shoulder, smiling at him.

We begin to dance, and I feel like I'm back at Hogwarts, the first time Fred and I danced. It's like Fred's spirit is here, showing uncle James the moves.

We freely dance, not giving a care about our posture, about the foot work, only about having fun. I laugh as uncle James lifts me up, setting me down gently and chuckling.

I trip and fall, uncle James falling with me, both of us laughing, but staying on the floor, looking at each other.

"You look how I image someone to look in a marvel comic. Maybe Pietro Maximoff" I say.

"I have no idea who you're talking about, but okay" uncle James says, making me chuckle.

"I haven't felt like this in a long time" I say, shaking my head a little.

"And what are you feeling?" uncle James asks.

"Free"

~~~~~

I'm laying on a bed, staring at dad as he stares back, smiling at me.

"God, you're so young" I whisper, kissing his forehead "You're almost unrecognisable"

"Hermione" Harry calls "Y/N, come" Harry says, making me get up.

Me and Harry go outside, almost running to Hermione and sitting next to her.

"Hermione, you were right. Snitches have flesh memories, but I didn't catch the first Snitch with my hand, I almost swallowed it" Harry says, giving Hermione the Snitch.

"'I open at the close'" Hermione reads.

"What do you think that means?" Harry asks.

"I don't know" Hermione answers "I found something as well" Hermione says, picking up her book "At first I though it was an eye but now I don't think it is. It isn't a rune and it isn't anywhere in Spellman's Syllabary. Somebody inked it in. It isn't part of the book, somebody drew it in" Hermione says, showing me and Harry a symbol.