chapter 41

⚠️TW⚠️- insecurities

"Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" Pansy asks Draco as we are in the Great Hall, studying.

"It comes and it goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. According to Madam Pomfrey, another minute or 2 and I could've lost my arm. Couldn't possibly do any homework for weeks" Draco says.

"Listen to the idiot" Ron says, annoyed "He's really laying it on thick isn't he?"

"Yeah, but at least Hagrid didn't get fired"

"Yeah, but I heard Draco's father's furious. We haven't heard the end of this" Hermione says.

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Seamus yells as he comes to our table.

"Who?" Ron asks, all of us getting up.

"Sirius Black!" Seamus yells.

We all crowd around him as I look at Fred, feeling uneasy.

"Dufftown? That's not far from here" Hermione says.

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville asks.

"With dementors at every entrance?" A student asks.

"Dementors. He's already slipped past them once. Who's to say he won't do it again?" Seamus asks.

"That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands"

I leave the Great Hall, Fred trying to grab my hand as I leave, but I pull away from him.

"Y/N!" he and George call.

I walk to the Slytherin common room and say the password, going in.

"Y/N" Fred and George call as they quickly come into the room.

"You're not allowed in here" I say.

"You didn't say that 2 years ago. Or last year" Fred says.

"Just leave me alone" I say.

"Talk to us" George urges, both of them coming to me.

"I can't" I say.

"Look, we're you best friends, right? We're worried about you"

"What's bothering you, love?" Fred asks.

"Just let it out" George says lightly.

"He's my dad, George"

"Who?" he asks.

"Sirius Black"

"But you're nothing like him" George says.

"Then I took after my mother, if that's what you think" I say angrily.

"I didn't mean it like that"

"That's what it sounded like. He's out there and he's going to die! Don't you understand that?! I love him and I'll never see him again!" I say, feeling my eyes becoming teary.

"I don't understand, and I'm sorry, but he's-"

"A murderer? A lunatic? God, that's not true. What everyone says about him isn't true. That's not what he is. He is my father! He is a man who has love in his heart for his best friends and my mother, and now he'll end up just like them. Dead. He's all I have left"

"He's not all you have left. You have us" George says.

"Who shouldn't be around me in the first place because of my stupid family"