chapter 68

"You applied first for the Defense Against the Dark Arts post, is that correct?" Umbridge asks Snape during our potions class.

"Yes" Snape replies, looking forward and not moving an inch.

"But you were unsuccessful?" she asks, pouting lightly.

"Obviously" Snape says, me and Ron snickering like children.

"And you are unsuccessful in getting anything right. Why come to this school if you hate children? Honestly, I hate you" I say, folding my arms over my chest.

"Detention" Umbridge says, making me groan.

She leaves the classroom, and I snicker again, but Snape slaps the back of mine and Ron's heads with a book, making me laugh more.

"Detention, Y/N" Snape says to me.

"But I already have detention"

"Double" Snape says, making me scoff.

~~~~~

"So, I heard from a little snake that you sleep talk" Atlas says, and I gag at the sight of him.

"Yeah, so?" I ask.

"You say things like 'Dont kill Cedric!' and 'Leave him alone'. You even yell in the night. That's really pathetic"

"Leave her alone" Draco says, taking me by surprise.

"What're you going to do, Draco? Tell you're father?" Atlas asks.

"Oh, you just made a mistake bringing Draco into this. Whatever thing we have against each other doesn't involve anyone else"

"I involve whoever I want. For example..." Atlas scans the room and stops at the Gryffindor table looking in the direction of Fred.

He snaps his fingers, and 2 of his friends grab Fred, holding him up, Fred struggling to get free.

"Leave him alone"

"You talking about Cedric, or your boyfriend?" Atlas asks, but one of his friends punch Fred in the stomach.

I run up to the guy who hit Fred, grab his wrist and moving his arm away, kicking his stomach and punching the face of his other friend holding Fred.

"You leave my boyfriend out of this!" I yell, standing protectively in front of Fred.

"Love, I'm fine" Fred assures, but I don't listen.

I run at Atlas and jump at him, his back on the floor while I'm on top of him, punching him.

He grabs my arms and pushes me away, getting on top of me and raising his fist, ready to punch when I push his leg, making him fall on me.

I push him away and get up, standing over him.

"I haven't done anything to you, and all you've ever tried to do it humiliate me"

"Detention... Miss Potter" Umbridge says as she walks over to us, a bruise forming on Atlas' eye.

"Fine" I say, glaring down at Atlas, then Umbridge.

~~~~~

Everyone's watching Fred and George play around with a spark ball, or something similar.

Everyone gets excited when the ball flies high, and just as George is about to catch it, Umbridge walks over to us and sucks it into her wand, just like how she sucks the fun out of everything.

"Ugh! Can you not be a little gargoyle for once in your life?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"Detention" she says.