chapter 73

"Department of Mysteries. This is it. 92. 93. 94. 95. He should be here" Harry says.

"Harry. It's got your name on it" Hermione says.

Harry looks at a glowing ball and picks it up, stupidly.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. And the Dark Lord shall mark him as his equal... but he shall have power the Dark Lord knows not. For neither can live while the other survives" it says, sounding like Trelawney.

"Harry" I call, taking his shoulder.

He rips his gaze away from the glowing ball, all of us looking around at the Death Eaters making a circle around us.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry asks before I can, our wands raised.

"You know, you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams... and reality" a voice I recognise as uncle Lucius says, and he uses his wand to remove his mask "You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now, hand me the prophecy"

"If you do anything to us, I'll break it" Harry says.

Someone lets out a cackle, and I freeze as I familiarise with it.

"I know that laugh" I say, gripping my wand tightly.

"He knows how to play. Itty, bitty baby. Potter" aunt Bellatrix says, slowly strutting to uncle Lucius' side.

"Bellatrix Lestrange" Neville says.

"Neville Longbottom, is it? How's mum and dad?" Aunt Bella asks, smiling at Neville.

"Better, now they're about to be avenged" Neville says.

He points his wand at aunt Bella, and she does the same to him, but Harry and uncle Lucius hold them both back, stopping them.

"Now, let's everybody just calm down... shall we? All we want is that prophecy" uncle Lucius says.

"Why did Voldemort need me to come and get this?" Harry asks.

"You dare speak his name?" aunt Bellatrix whispers "You filthy half-blood!" she yells.

"It's all right. He's just a curious lad, aren't you? Prophecies can only be retrieved by those about whom they are made. Which is lucky for you, really" uncle Lucius says.

More Death Eaters approach us slowly, and uncle Lucius and aunt Bellatrix walk towards Harry.

"Haven't you always wondered... what was the reason for the connection between you and the Dark Lord? Why he was unable to kill you... when you were just an infant? Don't you want to know the secret of your scar? All the answers are there, Potter, in your hand. All you have to do... is give it to me. Then I can show you everything" uncle Lucius says as he stands just in front of Harry.

"I've waited 14 years" Harry says.

"I know" uncle Lucius says sympathetically.

"I guess I can wait a little longer. Now. Stupefy!" Harry casts.

"Stupefy!" we all cast, shooting the spell at the Death Eaters around us.

We ran, but uncle Lucius apparates in front of us. We change directions and each find a Death Eater to battle.

"Diminuendo!" I yell at a Death Eater, shrinking them down to the floor.

I run and follow Harry's scent, finding him and bumping into everyone else. Ginny looks at a Death Eater, then raises her wands.

"Reducto!" Ginny casts, shooting the Death Eater miles back.

The glowing prophecy balls start collapsing from their shelves, slowly making their way towards us.