chapter 33

-Y/N's POV-

"It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets 50 years ago" Harry says as we are walking through the courtyard, students everywhere.

"It can't be Hagrid. It just... Can't be" Hermione says.

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle. He sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me"

"The monster had killed somebody, Ron. What would any of us have done?" Harry asks, all of us stopping.

"Look, Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?" Hermione says.

"That'll be a cheerful visit. 'Hello Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?'"

"'Mad and hairy'? You wouldn't be talkin' about me, now, would ya?" Hagrid asks as he stands behind us, all of us turning to him.

"No" we all say together.

"Hi. How've you been?" I ask Hagrid.

"I've been good, I've been good. How about you, Y/N?" Hagrid asks me as I smile.

"I've been great" I say.

"W- what's that you've got, Hagrid?" Harry asks, pointing and looking at Hagrid's hand. He was holding a big bottle of something.

"Oh, it's, uh, flesh-eating slug repellent. For the Mandrakes, you know. Now, according to professor Sprout, they've still got a bit of growin' up to do. But, once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able to chop them up and stew 'em... And then we'll get those people down at the hospital un-petrified. In the meantime, though, you 4... Had best be lookin' after yourselves. Alright?" Hagrid asks.

We all nod our heads.

"Hmm" Hagrid says and turns, leaving.

"Bye!" I call out to him.

"Goodbye" he says, looking back at me, then forward again, but Neville is running towards him.

"Hello Neville" Hagrid says as Neville passes him and comes to us.

"Harry, I don't know who did it, but you better come. Come on!" Neville urges as we quickly look between each other, then follow Neville.

He takes us to the Gryffindor common room and to the boys dormitories, seeing it absolutely destroyed. There is paper and books all over the floor and the beds are unmade and feathers were flying around. Harry leans down and starts moving all the stuff on the floor, looking for something.

"It had to be a Gryffindor. Nobody else knows our password. Unless it wasn't a student" Hermione says.

"Whoever it was, they must've been looking for something" Ron says, looking at me and Hermione, then back at Harry.

"And they found it. Tom Riddle's diary is gone"

~~~~~

McGonagall was leading me Harry and Ron to the hospital wing, letting us inside

"I warn you, this could be a wee bit of a shock" McGonagall says and leads us to a bed, Hermione laying still with her hand out on it. She looks just like Justin, frozen and ghost white.

"Hermione!" Ron whispers in shock.

"She was found near the library. Along with this" McGonagall picks up a mirror "Does it mean anything to either of you?" McGonagall asks, holding up the mirror in front of us.

"No" Harry says as me and Ron shake our heads, me looking back at Hermione.

She has a look of shock and terror on her face that make my eyes water at the sight of her. I cover my face in Ron's shoulder and hold him tight and he holds me by the waist, leaning his cheek on my head and comforting me.