chapter 47

"Okay" Harry says lightly as he and dad set Ron down on a rock outside the Willow.

I turn to Ron and look at his bite, then give him a sorry look.

"Okay" Harry says again and crouches down, but then turns to dad, who's looking around.

"You better go"

"No. Don't worry, okay? It's fine, I'll stay"

"Go" I say lightly, holding Harry's hand.

"You okay?" Harry asks Ron as he gets up, me letting go of his hand.

"I'm fine. Go" Ron says, Harry going to dad.

"I'm sorry" I say, looking at Ron "You must've been terrified"

Hermione looks at Ron's leg and winces.

"Ah. That looks really painful" she says.

"So painful. They, uh, might... Chop it"

"I'm sure Madam Pomfrey will fix it in a heartbeat"

"It's too late. It's ruined. It'll have to be chopped off" Ron says, making me chuckle.

I look over at dad and Harry, and suddenly feel a little envious. I look back at Ron sympathetically and smile weakly.

"Ron, I'm glad you're okay" I say, hugging him tight.

He hugs me back and leans his head on my shoulder.

"For a minute there, I thought you really wanted us dead" he says, chuckling lightly.

"Never" I say, taking his and Hermione's hands, squeezing them lightly.

"How long will you hide it?" Hermione asks, making me turn to her.

"Hide what?" I ask, smiling lightly, confused.

"Your emotions. You're angry at us"

"I'm not" I say, raising an eyebrow to try and hide it.

"Yes you are. You're terrifyingly amazing at hiding your emotions. I never know how you feel" Hermione says, making me drop my eyebrow and look down.

"Well, now I feel complete" I say, looking up at them and smiling.

I turn to the hole in the Willow when I hear Remus and Pettigrew. I sigh heavily and look at Ron's leg, ripping some of my shirt so a part of my stomach showed. I then used it to clean off the blood on Ron's leg.

"Turn me into a vermin. Turn me into a Flobberworm. Anything but the dementors!" Pettigrew says, then latches onto Ron "Ah, haven't I been a good friend? A good pet? You won't let them give me got the dementors, will you? I was your rat!" he turns to Hermione "Sweet girl. Clever girl, surely you won't-"

"Get away from her" Remus says, grabbing Pettigrew by the arm and pulling him up.

Pettigrew starts to beg as I rip my sleeve off myself, tying it around Ron's wound, Ron wincing lightly.

"Hey, you'll be okay if this keeps pressure on the wound" I say, looking up at him.

"Harry!" Hermione calls and points to the sky.

I look over and see a full moon pulling up, Remus turning to it as well.

"Remus!" I yell, getting up and running to him making him look at me.

"Remus, my old friend. Have you taken your potion tonight?" dad asks as he runs to me and Remus, holding him as he frowns, trying to stop himself from transforming "You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live! Here!" dad says, putting his hand on Remus' chest.