chapter 29

⚠️TW⚠️- insecurities

"Kill. Kill" I hear the voice again. I get up and look around, confused "Time to kill" the voice says and I get up, going to the common room.

I sit on the sofa and look at my hands, changing them into paws. I smile and change them back. I sigh heavily and lay on the sofa, taking in the warmth of the fireplace. I don't realise that I drift off to sleep, crying.

I cry often when I'm going to sleep. I've always done it. I don't even know why. Maybe it's because of the life I was given, or the people I'm around, but I always feel so... Disconnected from the world, like I shouldn't be alive, but I am.

When I cry, I usually think about my dad, and what he must be going through. I think about my mother, and the night me and my dad lost her, and just everything that's been going on. It does make me feel upset, but it's what I do. I can't help crying.

~~~~~

"Again?" Hermione asks "You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?"

We were in the abandoned girl's bathroom talking while Hermione was making the potion.

"Of course. Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must've opened it when he was at school here. Now he's taught Draco how to do it" Ron says.

"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure" Hermione says, putting knotgrass into a cauldron.

"Enlighten me. Why are we making this potion in broad daylight in the middle of the girl's lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?" Ron asks.

"No" I say, chuckling lightly.

"No one ever comes in here" Hermione says, picking up a vial and dumping the contents into the cauldron.

"Why?" Ron asks.

"Moaning Myrtle" me and Hermione say at the same time.

"Who?" Ron asks but Moaning Myrtle, a ghost who looks like Harry in a wig pops out from a stall behind Ron.

"Moaning Myrtle" Hermione says again.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asks as Myrtle flies next to Ron.

"I'm Moaning Myrtle" Myrtle almost yells in Ron's face, flying up and behind Hermione, all of us looking at her "I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping Moaning Myrtle?" she asks and starts sobbing.

She screams and flies into a stall and into a toilet, water splashing everywhere.

"She's a little sensitive" Hermione says, but Ron looks a bit scared and confused.

"Leave her alone" I say to Ron and he nods his head lightly, swallowing hard.

~~~~~

A lot of students were gathered around a dueling table, Lockhart getting on it and walking down it as everyone was talking.

"Gather 'round" Lockhart says, catching everyone's attention and making them walk to the table, paying attention "Gather 'round. Can everyone see me? Can you all... Hear me?" Lockhart says a s he reaches the right end of the table "Excellent" he says to himself and turns around "In light of the dark events of recent weeks, professor Dumbledore's has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club... To train you all up in case your ever need to defend yourselves... As I myself have done on countless occasions. For full detail, see my published works" Lockhart says and takes off his robe, throwing it into the crowd. A group of girls gasp and try grabbing it, one succeeding and holding it close "Let me introduce my assistant... Professor Snape" Lockhart points to his right, my left, and everyone looks in that direction, Snape walking onto the table "He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry" Lockhart says as Snape walks to him, his wand out "You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him. Never fear" Lockhart says and winks at Snape.