chapter 14

"Take a bit of toast, mate. Go on" Ron says to Harry as he looks at his food, playing with it with his fork.

"Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today" Hermione says.

"I'm not hungry" Harry says and Snape approaches us.

"Okay, but you'll regret it later" I say quickly and turn to Snape.

"Good luck today, Potter" Snape says and the other 3 turn to him "Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against Slytherin" Snape says and lingers for a minute before leaving, his right leg limping.

"That explains the blood" Harry says quietly.

"Blood?" Hermione asks.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion... So he could try and get past that three-headed dog, but, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping"

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asks.

"I would to play with it" I say.

"The day we were at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. Said it was Hogwarts business, very secret" he says and turns to Ron.

"So you're saying-"

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants" Harry says, hitting his hand on the table.

There was a screech of an owl and we looked up, seeing Hedwig flying in with what looked like a wrapped up broom. She lets it go and Harry catches it, placing it on the table.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione says.

"But I... I never get mail" Harry says, looking between us.

"Let's open it" Ron says and I roll my eyes.

"It's a broomstick. Are you guys dumb?" I ask but Ron sticks his tongue out at me. I do the same and they unwrap the broom.

They untie the nots and take off the parchment, and low and behold, it's a broomstick.

"It's a broomstick" Harry says in astonishment.

"That's not just a broomstick, Harry. It's a Nimbus 2000!" Ron exclaims and Wood looks at it, his mouth wide open.

"But who...?" Harry asks and looks at the teachers table, seeing McGonagall smiling at Harry and petting Hedwig.

"You jealous?" I ask Wood, nudging him in the side.

"Yeah! It's the fastest model out there!" he exclaims and I chuckle. I see from the corner of my eye Fred looking at me so I look at him, but he looks away. I smile and look at George, who, again, gives me a thumbs up.

~~~~~

I was sitting in the Slytherin stalls as everyone prepared for the Quidditch match. Slytherin versus Gryffindor. I was rooting for Gryffindor. I know I'm a Slytherin but I like Gryffindor better. My brother's there, my best friends, my crush. Did I say that out loud?

Anyway, the entire pitch was cheering while waiting for the 2 teams to come into the field. First who came, flying high with pride was Gryffindor. Everyone, except of course the Slytherins, were cheering them on.

"Come on, Harry! You can do this!" I yell and cheer for him, the other Slytherins giving me weird looks.

"Hello! Welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season. Today's game, Slytherin versus Gryffindor!" Lee Jordan called out as he was the announcer for this match. All the Gryffindors and Slytherins cheered for their teams, booing for the other.