chapter 93- A Second Ending To A Beginning

A few hours pass through as time has stopped itself. Fred, George and I are still where we were and Percy joined us a while ago, a deep, uncomfortable feeling coursing through my stomach.

A gut feeling.

My gaze forces itself onto Fred, my body reacting quickly with heavy breathing while my mind attempts to calm me.

"Fred," I call.

The hum of his voice doesn't calm me as it usually does, and once his eyes settle on me, he brings all his attention to me.

"Love, you okay?" He asks, my feet taking a few steps closer to him.

"No, I have this feeling that something's wrong, and that always means something. I don't think we should be here."

"Hey. Love, we'll be alright," Fred tries, but my head moves side to side.

"No, something's really wrong. We need to go." I clasp onto Fred's arm tightly and attempt to force him with me, but his feet remain still.

"Stop panicking. If we're gonna leave, we need to tell George and Percy."

"I love you, Fred," my voice whispers as I wrap my arms tightly around him, shielding him.

A large bang echoes in my ears and pushes me forwards. My grip loosens, both arms reaching out to Freddie for dear life, my eyes regrettably falling.

-George's POV-

My body launches back before I feel the pain of an explosion, my back pressed firmly against the wall.

Arm stretched out instinctively, my wand faces someone in a Death Eater mask in front of me.

"You have fought valiantly..." You-Know-Who's voice echoes in my head, "but in vain."

The Death Eater hits a spell at me before I can at them, my wand quickly flying from my hands. I swiftly search for my wand, my eyes switching from the Death Eater to the ground.

"Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity. Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor. Join me in the Forbidden Forest and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me."

As soon as the Death Eater launches into the sky, I stumble to my feet and grab my wand tightly in my right hand.

I look around me and see Percy staring between me and the ground. I follow his gaze sharply, but widen my eyes at the two bodies resting on the floor.

My feet hastily drag me to my best friend and my brother, kneeling between them as their hands are perfectly connected, holding each other by the wrists.

My vision fogs up as I place a hand on Freddie's shoulder, shaking him.

"Freddie? Get up," I call, my body shifting to Y/n, pulling and pushing her back and forth. "Come on! Get up! Get up! Please! Please."

"George," Percy calls, his shadow casting over Y/n. "They're gone," he chokes out, collapsing to his knees.

"No! No they're not, they're not! They can't be! Please!"

Both are still unresponsive when I let the tears fall, my hands balling into tight fists.

"No."

Percy helps me up, wiping away at his own tears before taking a hold of Y/n's arm and pulling her up, lifting her bridal style.