chapter 28

After class has finished, I go to Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"You guys go, I'll find you when I'm free" I say.

"Okay" Harry says and all 3 of them leave.

"Y/N, sit" McGonagall says and points to a chair in front of her. I sit "Do you remember last year, my first lesson teaching your class?"

"Yes" I answer, confusion filling up inside me.

"You said you had heard Harry and Ron when they were a corridor down from the classroom" I hum in response "Since that day, I had been watching you carefully because I thought something was wrong, but something was... Is right. Do you know what an Animagus is?" McGonagall asks.

"A person who can turn into any breed of animal, if I'm correct" I say.

"You are right. I believe you are one. See, some children can be Animagi when born, because at least 1 parent is an Animagus. It is a very, very rare chance, but can happen"

"My mother was an Animagus. My father told me so when I visited him" I say.

"That explains that, but, I would like to tutor you in your ability, show you all there is to know about Animagi" McGonagall says and I smile, my eyes widening.

"You'd really do that, professor?" I ask.

"Honestly, Y/N, it would be my pleasure" McGonagall says and I get up, hugging her. She pauses for a minute before patting my back lightly.

"When do we start?" I ask impatiently, pulling away from her.

"Now" she says.

I smile brightly and stand up straight.

"Now, once you learn to master this ability completely, you should report this to the Ministry of Magic"

"I 'should'?" I ask.

"Well, you're either a registered Animagus or an unregistered Animagus" McGonagall says.

"I don't want to be registered" I say.

"I strongly advise you register, but this is ultimately your choice" she says.

"Okay, what do I do?" I ask.

~~~~~

I run to the Great Hall after the session and see Fred and George sitting at the Gryffindor table, talking to each other. I smile and walk to them, sitting opposite both of them.

"Hey, where've you been? We haven't seen you much" George says.

"McGonagall" I say.

"Why?" Fred asks, giving me a look.

"Because she just wanted to tell me something" I say, but they both give me a look "Oh, I have to tell someone" I say and sit up, leaning forward "I'm an Animagus" I whisper and sit back down, tapping the table in glee.

"Really?" George says, sounding like he doesn't believe me.

"I am" I say, frowning slightly.

"Have you got proof?" Fred asks.

"I haven't learnt how to fully transform as I just started, but I can change my ears and hands" I say, and show them my hands, changing them into paws. I turn my ears into dog ears and they gasp.

"What! It's incredible!" George shouts but I cover his mouth with my paw, quickly turning it into a hand and shushing him. I turn my ears back to human ears.

"No one knows and you guys better keep this a secret"

"Oh, I'm gonna tell everyone" Fred jokes, but I punch his arm lightly.