chapter 38

"I'm warning you, Hermione" I hear Ron say from my room, making me get up and almost run down the stairs, but I see Harry standing by the ledge, so I stand next to him "Keep that beast away from Scabbers, or I'll turn it into a tea cozy"

"It's a cat, Ronald. What do you expect? It's in his nature" Hermione says as Harry makes his way down the stairs, me following.

"A cat?! Is that what they told you? Looks more like a pig with hair"

"That's rich, coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush. It's alright, Crookshanks, just ignore the mean little boy" Hermione says to the cat in her arms.

"'Smelly old shoe brush'? You guys are so rude to Harry" I say, Harry nudging me in the side.

"Y/N! Harry!" Ron calls as he sees us, Hermione turning.

"Harry! Y/N!"

I smile and hug the 2, pulling away quickly because of their animals. Ron sits us down at a table and shows us a newspaper, a moving picture of him and his family on the front of it.

"Egypt. What's it like?" Harry asks.

"Brilliant. Loads of old stuff like mummies, tombs, even Scabbers enjoyed himself" Ron says, looking at Scabbers.

"You know the Egyptians used to worship cats?" Hermione asks.

"Yeah, along with the dung beetles"

"Not flashing that clipping about again are you, Ron?" Fred asks as he walks towards us.

"I haven't shown anyone" Ron says.

"No, not a soul. Not unless you count Tom..." George says.

"The day maid..."

"The night maid..."

"The cook..."

"That bloke who came to fix the toilets..."

"And that wizard from Belgium" Fred finishes.

"Harry! Y/N!" I hear Mrs Weasley call so I turn, seeing her running to us.

"Mrs Weasley" me and Harry say, getting up.

"Good to see you, dears"

"Good to see you too!" I almost yell, hugging her tightly.

"Good to see you" Harry says.

"Now, got everything you need?" she asks as I pull back.

"Yes" me and Harry say.

"Yes? All of your books?" Mrs Weasley asks.

"Yeah, it's all upstairs" I say.

"And all of your clothes?"

"Everything's there" Harry says.

"Good" Mrs Weasley says, pinching our cheeks lightly.

"Thank you" Harry says.

I smile brightly, but turn my attention to Fred.

"Can I speak to you, for a moment?"

"If this is about your necklace-"

"It's not that" I say.

Fred looks a little confused, but nods his head. I quickly hug George, then take Fred to my room.

It's a small room with a scruffy, dirty bed and a small, broken bedside table. It's horrible.

"This room is..."

"I know. The Minister thinks I helped my dad out, so he kinda hates me now" I say.

Fred goes to sit on the bed, but I quickly pull him forward.