chapter 3

"'1st year students will require 3 sets of plain work robes'... '1 wand'" Harry reads, a little confused.

"Essesial bit of equipment, Harry" Hagrid says, so Harry continues.

"'1 pair of dragon hide gloves.'. Hagrid, do they mean from a real dragon?" Harry asked.

"Well, they don't mean a penguin, do they?" Hagrid ask and chuckles "Crikey, I'd love a dragon"

"You'd like a dragon?" I ask.

"Vastly misunderstood beasts, guys. Vastly misunderstood" Hagrid says and nods at a lady reading a newspaper.

She looks a little surprised but looks back at her paper.

We get off the train and continue on to where ever we are supposed to go.

"'All students must be equipped with 1 standard size 2 pewter cauldron and may being, if they desire, either an owl, a cat or a toad.'. I'd love an owl" I say, looking at Hagrid.

"Can we find all this in London?" Harry asks.

"If you know where to go" Hagrid says, and we walk on to a place called the Leakey Cauldron.

We head inside and Hagrid urges me and Harry gently forwards.

"Ah, Hagrid! The usual, I presume?" a man asks.

"No thanks, Tom. I'm on official Hogwarts business. Just helping young Harry and Y/N buy their school supplies" Hagrid says, tapping mine and Harry's shoulders lightly.

"Bless my soul. It's Harry Potter! And... Y/N Black" Tom says, my name a little fearful.

I become confused as to why he said my last name was Black.

"Welcome back, Mr Potter. Welcome back" a man says, shaking Harry's hand.

"Doris Crockford, Mr Potter. I can't believe I'm meeting you at last" a woman says, shaking Harry's hand also.

"Harry P... Potter. Can't tell you how p- pleased I am to meet you" another man says, looking between me and Harry.

"Hello, professor. I didn't see you there. Harry, Y/N, this is professor Quirrel. He will be your Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts" Hagrid introduces.

The professor smiles at us so I smile back.

"Oh, nice to meet you" Harry says, then stretches his hand out for a handshake.

"Hi" I say pleasantly.

"Fearfully fascinating subject" professor says, retracting his hand towards his right shoulder "N- Not that you n- need it, eh, P- Potter?" professor asks and Hagrid chuckles.

"Yes, well, must be going now. Lots to buy" Hagrid says, still chuckling.

"Goodbye" Harry waves.

"It was nice meeting you" I say and we continue to the back of the pub.

"See Harry, Y/N? You both are famous"

"More like famously ignored. Or feared" I say.

"But why am I famous, Hagrid? All those people back there, how is it they know who I am?" Harry asks.

"I'm not sure I'm exactly the right person to tell you that, Harry" Hagrid says.

He takes his umbrella, tapping the wall 5 times, a small delay at the last 2 times. The bricks on the wall shift and pull away, revealing a large alley with shops on either side.

"Welcome, guys, to Diagon Alley" Hagrid says and I stare surprised with what is ahead.

Girls, boys and adults all walking around, looking at all the shops.