chapter 55

"Brilliant isn't he! Completely demented of course. Terrifying to be in the same room with. He's really been there, you know" Ron says as we leave the classroom, me in a daze.

"There's a reason those curses are unforgivable, and to perform them in a classroom. I mean, did you see Neville's face. And didn't you see Y/N flinch?" Hermione asks, but I shake my head.

"I'm fine" I say, knowing full-well I'm lying to her.

I turn back to the stairs, but meet Neville, who's looking out the window.

"Neville?" Hermione calls.

I go to him and make him face me, and he smiles weakly at me. I pull him into a hug, him hugging me back tightly as I lean my head on his.

I hear footsteps making their way towards us, so I pull away from Neville, smiling at him as best as I can before looking at the person next to me. Moody.

"Son. You alright?" Moody asks, Neville nodding his head "Come on, we'll have a cup of tea. I want to show you something" Moody says.

Neville pauses for a second before agreeing, following Moody.

~~~~~

"Fred, can I talk to you?" I ask once I see him jogging down a corridor.

"Love, can it wait? Me and George are pranking Filch right now, and honestly, we need you. Is it important?" Fred asks, holding my waist.

I hold his arms as he brings me closer to him, smiling.

I pause for a moment as I search his luscious brown eyes, then look down, sighing lightly.

"No, it's not" I say, then peck his chest.

I want to tell him about what happened in class and during the World Cup, but I can't bring myself to. I just smile as I always do when I cover my emotions.

"What do you need me to do?"

~~~~~

Students are gathered around the Goblet of Fire to put their names in it. I'm walking with Harry and Ron, who waves at Cedric once he goes past, but Cedric doesn't seem to notice.

"Eternal glory, be brilliant wouldn't it? In three years from now we'll be old enough to be chosen" Ron says.

"Yeah, well rather you than me" Harry says, making me chuckle.

Everyone begins cheering once Fred and George enter, running around with a look of pride on their faces.

"Thank you, thank you. Well lads, we've done it" George says.

"Cooked it up just this morning" Fred adds.

"It's not going to work" Hermione says, looking up from her book.

The boys look at each other curiously, then go to Hermione, one on either side of her.

"Oh yeah?" Fred asks.

"And why's that Granger?" George finishes.

"You see this? This is an age line" Hermione says, pointing her finger in a circular motion to gesture the blue line around the Goblet "Dumbledore drew it himself"

"So?" Fred asks.

Hermione scoffs, closes her book and hits it against her lap, so done with these 2.

"So... a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something as pathetically dimwitted as an ageing potion" Hermione says.

"Ah, but that's why it's so brilliant" Fred says, Hermione turning to him.

"Because it's so pathetically dimwitted" George finishes, Hermione then turning to George, both boys standing.