chapter 11

"What's this about, professor?" I ask as we walk up the stairs to the office. She doesn't say anything.

She knocks on the door to Dumbledore's office. I hear shuffling.

"Come in" Dumbledore says and we both enter "Ah, Y/N. I've asked permission for you to meet your father and I got permission to go now. We'll be travelling by apparation" Dumbledore says and my eyes widen.

"Wait, right this minute?" I ask. He nods "Let's go" I say impatiently.

"Hold my arm. You may feel nauseous once it's over" Dumbledore says, so I quickly take his arm.

I feel really weird and discombobulated. When I feel like I have limbs, I hold onto Dumbledore for support.

"Careful" he says and helps me up "People usually vomit the first time around" he says and I nod, standing straight.

"So this is Azkaban" I say, looking at the extremely tall building. There were black figures flying everywhere.

"Those are dementors" Dumbledore says before I can ask "It would be wise not to disturb the dementors" I nod my head.

"He's this way" a man says.

Me and Dumbledore climb up the tall building.

As we walk up, I see a woman with black, twisted hair and dirty clothing sitting in a cell.

"That's Bellatrix Lestrange" Dumbledore says and I look at Dumbledore, then the woman. She was smiling at me.

"This is no place for a little girl" she says, then starts laughing.

We continue on and get to a cell, a man with the same kind of hair as Belletrix, but shorter and straighter. He looks tired. He's wearing the same kind of clothes as Belletrix as well.

"Black. Visitors" the guard says and the man turns to us.

"Y/N" he calls and smiles at me, coming forward.

"Sirius Black" Dumbledore says and I look at the man.

I hesitantly place my hands on the bars of the cell, holding it tightly and leaning my forehead on the cell door. He holds my hands sweetly and leans his forehead on the cell door, our foreheads almost touching.

"Dad?" I call and he nods his head "Can I be left alone with him? In the cell?" I ask.

Dumbledore looks at the man and he nods his head, opening the cell. I go inside and he locks the door.

"I'll give you 5 minutes"

"This is the first time this child has seen her father. At least give her until she's ready to leave" Dumbledore says to the man, making him think for a second.

"Okay" the man says and both him and Dumbledore leave.

"How did you know it was me? That I'm your daughter?" I ask and he smiles.

"You look just like your mother. You got her hair and her smile, but you have my eyes and face shape" he says and places his hand on my cheek "You were just a baby when she died"

I quickly pull him into a hug. He hugs me back tightly.

"Why did you help him? Why did you help Voldemort?" I ask, pulling back but staying in his embrace, stopping my tears.

"I didn't help him. I didn't murder anyone. Pettigrew ratted out where Lily, James and Harry were hiding. Your mother and you just happened to be there and she died. I thought you died as well. Me and Remus didn't go because your mother figured it'd be difficult if we all went into hiding"