chapter 22

⚠️TW⚠️- abuse

Vernon is so angry at us that he locks our bedroom door and is putting bars on our window. He stops and pulls on the bars, seeing if they'd move.

"You're never going back to that school. You're never going to see those freaky friends of yours again. Never!" Vernon yells, but I growl at him.

~~~~~

It was the dead of night and me and Harry are both asleep. Well, until I hear the sound of an engine. It's extremely loud. I open my eyes and stand, looking outside. I turn to Harry opening his eyes, and he puts his glasses on, getting out of bed and looking out the window as well.

Far off in the distance is a light high in the sky, but it seems to be coming closer. It then becomes 2 lights and I try looking a little closer, seeing it's a car. It looks old and is blue and looks like something out of an '80s show. The car pulls up just beside the window and I look in it, seeing Ron, Fred and George. Fred was driving the frickin' car!

"Hiya Harry. Y/N" Ron greets, making me smile brightly.

"Ron. Fred. George. What're you all doing here?" Harry asks.

"Rescuing you, of course. Now, come on, get your trucks" Ron says.

I quickly grab a small truck, about half the size of Harry's, and stuff everything in there as neatly as I can so that I have room for everything I need.

Me and Harry close our trunks and stand by the window. Ron puts a hook on the bars of our window, then turns to us.

"You better stand back" Ron warns, and me and Harry step back.

Fred drives the car away and pulls the bars off, leaving them on the ground.

Harry grabs his trunk as the car backs up, the trunk of the car opening.

"Potter!" Vernon yells, Harry looking at the door.

"Hurry up!" I say quietly, so Harry drops his trunk in.

He closes the car's trunk and the car shifts. I quickly unlock Malekith's cage and he jumps onto my arm.

"Follow us" I say, and he hoots lightly, flying out the window swiftly.

The car turns around and Ron opens his side of the door, standing with his arm out.

"Come on, Harry"

"Come on"

"Come on Harry, hurry up!" Ron says as Harry passes Hedwig's cage to Ron, then my trunk.

"Harry, go!" I say but the door opens, Vernon coming in.

"Petunia, they're escaping!" Vernon says and runs to Harry, grabbing his leg as he jumps into the car.

I can't see anything as Vernon is struggling to pull Harry back into the house. They're talking and I roll my eyes, but Vernon gets pulled out the window, falling onto a bush in the front garden. Petunia and Dudley run to the window.

"Go!" I yell to the others and run down the stairs, quickly opening the front door and running down the street, following them.

They drive down and land next to me, me on Fred's side.

"How are you keeping up with the car?" Fred asks, making me scoff really loudly.

"I don't know! This isn't the time to discuss this!" I say, rolling my eyes at Fred.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, you love me" Fred says. I smile.

"There isn't any space back here" I hear George say, but Fred puts his hand out.